New weapon class for Medic confirmed!

Dr_X2345
774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Thoughts? I think this is good news, although whether it'll be the weapons he mentions I'm not sure. I think Carbines are definitely the way to go for medium-range Medics, and if that includes Pistol Carbines, kind of odd-looking as they are, I'm happy.

Comments

• SupremeAzsoul
    285 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17
    That slob Westie should learn how to pronounce the word "Carbines" correctly (along with all the others)..
  • SupremeAzsoul
    285 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

Funny this is that, That picture is literally 100% accurate.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

Then play assault? It doesn't cost extra $. Just select and play.

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.
  • stabbinhobo
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pistol carbines would add literally nothing. The slow RPM SMGs are basically the same thing but better for being automatic.

Unless the end goal is to add more mostly redundant options in a class that really only has 2 options for guns, which it seems to be with another big spoonful of slow firing SMGs on the way as well.

Blue.. it's the new red.
  • ghos7bear
    144 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.
    Its gets boring, I want variety without having to suffer being outclassed all the time.
  • stabbinhobo
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »

Its gets boring, I want variety without having to suffer being outclassed all the time.

You are responding to a guy who as nearly 2.5mil points in assault...

Has only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon never made it out of lvl-1.

You could say he's pretty deeply invested in action man... :D
  • BaronVonGoon
    6243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.
  • stabbinhobo

l9oi9.jpg

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

I've played EVERY class to 20.

Soooo.. there's that.
  • BaronVonGoon

l9oi9.jpg

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

Soooo.. there's that.

Re-read my post because I didn't ask you if you played every class to level 20.
  • lionking7001
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    4 months in and there is a speculation that the medic class might have some diversity when it comes to weapons. The speculation is pistolcarbine. Sounds like crap.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 17

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

Instead I looked up yours.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

I think what Baron was getting at was that people claim Assault is "easy mode" but no one shows class stats that prove assault is actually "easy mode".
    i.e. A player puts up stats where their Assault k/d, SPM etc are higher than any other classes by a fair bit.

Or like you(assuming I have the right player) You have played Assault and Support for almost the same amount of time(+2hrs for Assault). Yet your score(+37k), SPM(+24) and K/D(+0.05) are higher for support. While assault has more kills(+200 ish) and more kills/min(+0.03). This doesn't prove Assault is easy mode, at least when compared to Support. This is just an example of what I think Baron was trying to make point about.

Or me, I main Assault and Medic, I have +1d for assault, Yet medic has a higher SPM(+57), and a very close kills/min and K/D. (Score and kills ignored because they are time based, and my assault time is too high to compare.)

Assault isn't easy mode. It definitely helps, for people who can utilize it, but it won't turn the average blueberry into Rambo.
  • CaptHotah
    1026 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not needed
  • wiazabi
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keeping assault as is with how OP and easy it is and how medic lack severely in variation of play style ( self heal spam + using smoke ) a new CQB(ish) gun wont help and they have still not fixed or even given a reason to use the low rpm smg's as they expose oneself for way to long.

On top of this releasing a "NEW" weapon with exact or identical stats means we pretty much just got a new skin mas44 = turner smle, suomi = thompson etc.

And these "LIVE SERVICE" updates feel more like things they took out of the game and put on a schedule to release it as "FREE CONTENT".

I should get excited by medic getting a new variation of weapons but i just cant when something so important should have been a part of the game at release.

And while medic need smoke + self heal spam to keep it viable the new weapons most likely will not be very good either.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited February 17

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

That's not proof. At all. They're my stats and I know exactly why they favour assault. You don't.
    #Prooffail.

If someone's stats are level 20 for every class then they're good enough to compare classes and establish which class is 'easy-mode' (if there is one), rather than someone else whose playtime heavily favours one class.

• BaronVonGoon

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

I think what Baron was getting at was that people claim Assault is "easy mode" but no one shows class stats that prove assault is actually "easy mode".
    i.e. A player puts up stats where their Assault k/d, SPM etc are higher than any other classes by a fair bit.

Or like you(assuming I have the right player) You have played Assault and Support for almost the same amount of time(+2hrs for Assault). Yet your score(+37k), SPM(+24) and K/D(+0.05) are higher for support. While assault has more kills(+200 ish) and more kills/min(+0.03). This doesn't prove Assault is easy mode, at least when compared to Support. This is just an example of what I think Baron was trying to make point about.

Assault isn't easy mode. It definitely helps, for people who can utilize it, but it won't turn the average blueberry into Rambo.

This.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guess I'm the only one who mains medic and doesn't feel outclassed. I actually expect to win almost every encounter now.