New weapon class for Medic confirmed!

Comments

• dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A welcome addition in my opinion.
  • stabbinhobo
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

Then play assault? It doesn't cost extra $. Just select and play.

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

I've played EVERY class to 20.

Soooo.. there's that.

Re-read my post because I didn't ask you if you played every class to level 20.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

Instead I looked up yours.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

That's not proof. At all. They're my stats and I know exactly why they favour assault. You don't.
    #Prooffail.

If someone's stats are level 20 for every class then they're good enough to compare classes and establish which class is 'easy-mode' (if there is one), rather than someone else whose playtime heavily favours one class.

And yet you still feel qualified having played nearly no time as a medic and zero time as a recon....lol.

Stats they way you want them applied are quite meaningless. And you both miss the point by quite a wide margin. Having played quite a bit of every class I can say assault IS easymode. I keep virtually the same k/d without ANY effort at all. Point.. click... boom.
  • Jamesonoid
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

Soooo.. there's that.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

That's not proof. At all. They're my stats and I know exactly why they favour assault. You don't.
    #Prooffail.

If someone's stats are level 20 for every class then they're good enough to compare classes and establish which class is 'easy-mode' (if there is one), rather than someone else whose playtime heavily favours one class.

And yet you still feel qualified having played nearly no time as a medic and zero time as a recon....lol.

Stats they way you want them applied are quite meaningless. And you both miss the point by quite a wide margin. Having played quite a bit of every class I can say assault IS easymode. I keep virtually the same k/d without ANY effort at all. Point.. click... boom.

Having played quite a bit of every class (assault 20, medic 20, support 18 and recon 15) I can say assault isn't easy mode. It's stronger and easier but not to the point anyone can play assault and own everyone else who isn't Assault. I keep a higher K/D with medic without any effort at all.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

LMAO!!!!! YOU are the one claiming assault is easy-mode. Not me. If you're leveled up in assault and the other classes as you claim to level 20 then this is perfect ground to test YOUR hypothesis and see if indeed as you claim, assault is easy-mode. Stop dancing around the bushes.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

Dude, your KPM with assault is less than one. You don't do this, "Point.. click.. boom" frequently enough for you to write off the class as easy mode.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

Dude, your KPM with assault is less than one. You don't do this, "Point.. click.. boom" frequently enough for you to write off the class as easy mode.

Looool thanks Chammond. This puts his hypothesis to bed.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

Looool thanks Chammond. This puts his hypothesis to bed.

I honestly wasn't surprised when I looked. Seems pretty typical on here for those who can't stand X class.
  • SirTerrible
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guess I'm the only one who mains medic and doesn't feel outclassed. I actually expect to win almost every encounter now.
    Depends on map and game mode really. Since the last big SMG buff patch Medics have at least been good in their intended ranges so if you're able to stay close quarters all the time yeah, you won't be outclassed often.
  • stabbinhobo
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

LMAO!!!!! YOU are the one claiming assault is easy-mode. Not me. If you're leveled up in assault and the other classes as you claim to level 20 then this is perfect ground to test YOUR hypothesis and see if indeed as you claim, assault is easy-mode. Stop dancing around the bushes.

Not at all brainaic.. you are the one pimping the idea I'm trying (or should) provide stats as to why you play assault. Honestly I could care less.

What I'm saying is that compared to other classes (and I've actually played them) assault is by far the easiest.. like next to no skill. This is my opinion which many here share.

So give the strawman a rest mmmkay?
  • stabbinhobo

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

Dude... read first. I don't put any effort into playing Assault. I play it when I need a break from having to use skill. That minor tidbit aside.... my KPM is the roughly the same across all classes but Recon :

w7g2es.jpg

^^ Less effort.. same yield.. you can parse the math any way you like.

And to your sidekick up there... maybe you should do your own homework instead of looking over yer buddy's shoulder. ;)

• VOLBANKER
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's so much fun to watch all the Assault guys wetting themselves out of fear that DICE will actually go ahead and improve the medic class.
  • stabbinhobo
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    It's so much fun to watch all the Assault guys wetting themselves out of fear that DICE will actually go ahead and improve the medic class.

Too bad it'll never actually happen now that they have so many addicted to the IWIN button.
  • GrizzGolf
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jamesonoid
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »

I'd love to see the Medic class improved, I'm more excited for the new medic guns than I was for the Assault guns. I'd like something with a little more range than the SMGS's. I generally like medic more, but I prefer DMR's. Medic was my favorite in BF1 because they had the semi autos.

I think this thread got derailed a little when someone had to make it about assault by posting their photo shop for the umpteenth time. It's equally fun watching people cry in disillusion about assault.
  • CHAMMOND1992

l9oi9.jpg

Soooo.. there's that.

#Prooffail.

Dude... read first. I don't put any effort into playing Assault. I play it when I need a break from having to use skill. That minor tidbit aside.... my KPM is the roughly the same across all classes but Recon :

w7g2es.jpg

^^ Less effort.. same yield.. you can parse the math any way you like.

And to your sidekick up there... maybe you should do your own homework instead of looking over yer buddy's shoulder. ;)

I don't think you understand. The problem is you don't even perform well enough in the other classes in which you utilize your, "skill" to have much of any knowledge of how to make the most out of each class. Assault has the best assortment of weapons sure, but it's laughable to say you play that class to take a "break", from having to assert effort when your stats show no indication that you have a clue what you're doing.
  • Sixclicks
    5065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18

l9oi9.jpg

For me, assault is easiest for getting a large quantity of kills. It's my highest KPM.

Support is easiest for getting a good KDR. This is because your kill streaks are never limited by ammo. It's my best KDR.

You could argue recon is easiest for getting a high KDR (but a low SPM) since you could just camp and be useless, but I don't play the game like that.

Assault is my best SPM, but I think support would easily be much higher in SPM if I threw ammo pouches to other players instead of using the crate (since it resupplies gadgets) which relies on others actually finding and using it to gain points.

I think assault is a lot more versatile than any other class though. You've got very strong CQB weapons and also very strong long ranged weapons. Vehicles aren't anywhere near as much of a threat, you regen more health automatically and loot more ammo from bodies than other classes, and your supply of explosives helps for easy kills or flushing out campers. The downside is I run out of ammo as assault.

I don't really play medic.

My recon and assault are both rank 20. Support is on 17.

Smart-Select-20190217-030241-Chrome.jpg
  • CHAMMOND1992
    Guess I'm the only one who mains medic and doesn't feel outclassed. I actually expect to win almost every encounter now.
    Depends on map and game mode really. Since the last big SMG buff patch Medics have at least been good in their intended ranges so if you're able to stay close quarters all the time yeah, you won't be outclassed often.

Pretty much. I'll still welcome another option but don't like the idea of pistol carbines though, just don't like the look of them, and given their design philosophy, it'll be weaker than an assault mid range option and in that case I'm better off with a low ROF SMG.
  • M_Rat13
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As anachronistic as it would be, I really hope the Pachett SMG gets a specialization for the 7.62x51mm NATO rifle round, which the later version of the Pachett, the Sterling, got. It'd probably reduce the ROF but increase the damage, which could make it an interesting gun to use for medic.
  • hawkseye17
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last thing medic needs is more useless CQB weapons. Give them Semi-Auto rifles already.