New weapon class for Medic confirmed!

Comments

• Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That slob Westie should learn how to pronounce the word "Carbines" correctly (along with all the others)..

I don't know why people watch Westie he seems highly unreliable in terms of his information.
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

Then play assault? It doesn't cost extra $. Just select and play.

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

I've played EVERY class to 20.

Soooo.. there's that.

Re-read my post because I didn't ask you if you played every class to level 20.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

Instead I looked up yours.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

I think what Baron was getting at was that people claim Assault is "easy mode" but no one shows class stats that prove assault is actually "easy mode".
    i.e. A player puts up stats where their Assault k/d, SPM etc are higher than any other classes by a fair bit.

Or like you(assuming I have the right player) You have played Assault and Support for almost the same amount of time(+2hrs for Assault). Yet your score(+37k), SPM(+24) and K/D(+0.05) are higher for support. While assault has more kills(+200 ish) and more kills/min(+0.03). This doesn't prove Assault is easy mode, at least when compared to Support. This is just an example of what I think Baron was trying to make point about.

Or me, I main Assault and Medic, I have +1d for assault, Yet medic has a higher SPM(+57), and a very close kills/min and K/D. (Score and kills ignored because they are time based, and my assault time is too high to compare.)

Assault isn't easy mode. It definitely helps, for people who can utilize it, but it won't turn the average blueberry into Rambo.

Or him and others like him did what I did. I started as support because the KE7 prepatch was the best all around gun at least for me. I despise running out of ammo (and health for that matter). So I ran support with the KE7 until the first nerf. By then I had gotten comfortable with the maps and gameplay so I moved to assault after reading some many complaints about how strong the class was. So while my stats are somewhat lower for assault, given enough time they will far exceed support now that the KE7 has now had what 2 nerfs and none to assault. The range that assault has is just ridiculous. I've learned there is really no point in playing the other classes. Support is viable due to ammo. But Assault by far is miles above the rest just because of the ridiculous range most of the weapons.
  • FragbaitDax
    106 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    The last thing medic needs is more useless CQB weapons. Give them Semi-Auto rifles already.

This is something I see mentioned a lot and I don't understand the logic here. If people want to use assault rifles so they can play like an assault player, why not choose to play as Assault?

It does seem a lot like people don't want to adjust to a different system of non-regenerating health or the shift in class and emphasis on squad work and team play.

Am I over simplifying the perception that Assaults are your Rambo get stuck in the meat grinder class and Medics are a health support service for the team?

If you stop trying to bend the game to your will and play it like it's supposed to, the classes actually seem to work well together.
  • hawkseye17
    575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The last thing medic needs is more useless CQB weapons. Give them Semi-Auto rifles already.

This is something I see mentioned a lot and I don't understand the logic here. If people want to use assault rifles so they can play like an assault player, why not choose to play as Assault?

It does seem a lot like people don't want to adjust to a different system of non-regenerating health or the shift in class and emphasis on squad work and team play.

Am I over simplifying the perception that Assaults are your Rambo get stuck in the meat grinder class and Medics are a health support service for the team?

If you stop trying to bend the game to your will and play it like it's supposed to, the classes actually seem to work well together.

Semi-autos are not assault rifles. They work at the same range but do not have the same rate of fire.

A semi-auto is perfect for medics since it allows them to stand a chance at longer range engagements so they aren't utterly useless on larger maps
  • stabbinhobo
    465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

There are people who play one class and hate on every other class? I guess there is. This community never ceases to surprise me.

I've played assault... I'm not looking for easymode. It's a skill-less class ATM.

Yeah that quote is hilarious. The herd mentality is too much sometimes. One guy says assault is easy-mode and you have the rest of the forum echoing the same quote for the next 6 months. Yet not one guy cares to produce their stats as assault and their stats one of the other classes for comparison.

There is a linky dinky to your stats in your siggy. You only played medic to lvl 10 and recon is still at lvl 1.

I've played EVERY class to 20.

Soooo.. there's that.

Re-read my post because I didn't ask you if you played every class to level 20.

I read it fine the first time. No you asked for my stats as a basis for comparison.

Instead I looked up yours.

What I saw clearly shows I have a greater basis for comment having played EVERY class to lvl 20 as opposed to your having nearly 2.5mil score in assault... but only played medic to lvl-10 and Recon is still at lvl-1.

You ask for statistical "proof".. yet have nearly no time invested in any class other than assault yourself.

That's not proof. At all. They're my stats and I know exactly why they favour assault. You don't.
    #Prooffail.

If someone's stats are level 20 for every class then they're good enough to compare classes and establish which class is 'easy-mode' (if there is one), rather than someone else whose playtime heavily favours one class.

And yet you still feel qualified having played nearly no time as a medic and zero time as a recon....lol.

Stats they way you want them applied are quite meaningless. And you both miss the point by quite a wide margin. Having played quite a bit of every class I can say assault IS easymode. I keep virtually the same k/d without ANY effort at all. Point.. click... boom.

Dude, your KPM with assault is less than one. You don't do this, "Point.. click.. boom" frequently enough for you to write off the class as easy mode.

Dude... read first. I don't put any effort into playing Assault. I play it when I need a break from having to use skill. That minor tidbit aside.... my KPM is the roughly the same across all classes but Recon :

w7g2es.jpg

^^ Less effort.. same yield.. you can parse the math any way you like.

And to your sidekick up there... maybe you should do your own homework instead of looking over yer buddy's shoulder. ;)

I don't think you understand. The problem is you don't even perform well enough in the other classes in which you utilize your, "skill" to have much of any knowledge of how to make the most out of each class. Assault has the best assortment of weapons sure, but it's laughable to say you play that class to take a "break", from having to assert effort when your stats show no indication that you have a clue what you're doing.

I'm not the one lacking understanding here. I could easily drive up my SPM and K/d ratio by ignoring objectives. The stats mean dickey-doo. It's "laughable" that you think you can assess gameplay from them as just playing certain game modes will pad those stats easily. If I told you the Rams had more first downs... you'd say they won the superbowl... :p
  • TheRemedy911
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

l9oi9.jpg

Lol people ask for balance and you assert this nonsense
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well since DICE keeps the in depth game statistics under lock and key we are only able to assume the class balance from within the lobbies itself.
    I've played medic almost exclusively and can do reasonably well with them as well as I've played since launch.
    Assault is by far the most popular class in all servers i play on by far. i believe i have never seen them drop below 50% pick-rate. so what reasons are for that? medic has never gone above 15% averaging at 10% for me on PC at least
    well in terms of weapons we are looking at ARs and the semi-auto. lets start with ARs shall we.
    High ROF, easy to control recoil, 4-6 BTK, decent hip-fire, 3x scopes, 21-30 bullets per mag. an AR has no inherit weakness like an SMG for example it can perform good at everything from 0-100m.
    semi-autos are a bit more different from one another weapons like G43 and selbstlader 1916 are strong if you have the abilities to back them up i.E accuracy. the turner and MAAS are more forgiving with higher ROF and control. gewehr 1-5 and M1A1 are sticking out in the semi-auto category like a sore thumb.
    the M1A1 in my opinion at least should've never been given to assault but medic. high ROF, good hip-fire, faster playstyle, mag-dumping tactics. seem awfully like the SMGs are designed doesn't it? well i reckon the M1A1 was initially intended for medic and then switched because of reasons no one knows. the G1-5 is kind of a hybrid between the M1A1 and the other semi-autos. so why should we bother with pistol-carbines that have been teased 3 months ago in a data mine but never been spoken of since (i think they intended for them to be tanker weapons like in BF1 but scrapped that idea sometime before launch) if we have basically 2 weapons that would fit a carbine role perfectly?
    moving the M1A1 into a weapon category called carbines would solve all the problems medic faces atm lack of versatility. both these weapons would also not break the class balance imo. an AR or semi-auto would always out DPS them if the assault is better he will win the engagements with any AR or one of the semi-autos. and before ppl keep saying self-heal will break the game then it does not players regularly choose all other classes over medic discounting the self heal as not good enough for the classes shortcomings.
    heck if 3x scopes are so dreaded in the hands of the medic I'd take the trade for the G1-5 and M1A1 they could even share the category between assault and medic so assault doesn't loose weapons and wet themselves in a fit.
    but lets not kid our self the assault is by far the most popular class in the game because it is the most versatile to use. capable on all engagements easy to use gadgets no inherit weaknesses against other classes. i wont say its easy mode here fearing of triggering ppl. but it is just like support the most forgiving class in the game.
  • lionking7001
    217 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still can't see how a pistolcarbine should improve gunplay at longer distanses. It's a pistol with a stock. If the next two-three maps are mainly close combat it might work. But as for now Conquest on Hamada, Panzerstorm, Aerodrome.... It's more or less useless.

Bring back something like Cei-Reigotti. 10 shots shorter semi carbine. Not to high damage, but effective in midrange so you as a medic can run behind the assault and give them support fire in midrange and the run in to revive...
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dont see a reason or point adding pistol carbines to medic. Those guns are super weak and to kill someone on mid range you will need 5-7 bullets...and for cqc they are complete garbage.

Smgs are fine and there is really no need to add something else, maybe few more tweaks to some of them - emp, mp34 etc.
  • baroncrovax
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can see the pattern:

SMGs = worse than Assault Rifles in every way except hipfire.
    Pistol carbines = worse than semi autos in every way except hipfire.

Just you wait.
  • y_j_es_i
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18

l9oi9.jpg

@stabbinhobo

Most if not all of the SMGs currently in-game have worse stats than their real-life selves. I think they should buff the SMGs to their real life stats. This is basic

This wouldn’t solve the problem of medic being deadmeat at medium range but it’d make the situation a little better. It’s something in the meantime and would help the class balance

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/177806/a-simple-solution-for-smg-rebalancing#latest

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/arsgix/a_fair_solution_for_medic_gun_rebalancing/?st=JSA4O6GI&sh=7f7cdfbc
  • VincentNZ
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is realistically no niche the pistol carbines can fill that is not already occupied by the SMGs. The only weapons that can be somewhat viable or a Frommer Stop firing at 900RPM (which is already in the files) or a C96 Carbine chambered in the 9x25mm cartridge. And that is all pretty debatable. They are still pistols with a very short barrel and with a shaky clip-on stock.
    The more sensible choice would be to look for SMGs that are chambered in other cartridges so that you can change the damage model, again I mentioned the Danuvia 43M, which is chambered for said 9x25mm cartridge and could therefore pass as a "heavy SMG", which works almost like an AR. Instead they are adding more MP34 derivates and 9x18 Parabellum weapons firing at ridiculously low ROF.
  • SirSpectacle
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Of course, that's what people end up doing and as a result you have rounds of conquest without a single medic on either team. Nobody wants to play as a healbot in an FPS, so don't expect to see many medics on the large maps where SMGs are mostly useless.
  • Hawxxeye
    4355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good to hear medics will get more flexibility.
    But what about Recon's closer quarter options?
    Any talk about that?
  • Dr_X2345
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would just like to point out that the pistol carbine stuff is entirely Westie's view on it - there's no evidence to say that it will be those instead of normal carbines/faster firing semi-autos similar to the M1A1, other than some datamined but as yet unused weapons which have been in the files since launch.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pistol carabines? What a joke. They just need to make semi-auto rifles and smgs available for every class and remove x3 scope.
  • y_j_es_i
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Pistol carabines? What a joke. They just need to make semi-auto rifles and smgs available for every class and remove x3 scope.

@Kauzer_RF
    I disagree about the current crop semi-autos, they’re too useful to random campers. They should give medics access to the shorter range ARs like the sturmG and STG whilst giving assaults access to the longer range SMGs like the MP38 and sten. This way medics still won’t be able to camp and snipe people but can function on the larger maps
  • bran1986
    5295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    There is realistically no niche the pistol carbines can fill that is not already occupied by the SMGs. The only weapons that can be somewhat viable or a Frommer Stop firing at 900RPM (which is already in the files) or a C96 Carbine chambered in the 9x25mm cartridge. And that is all pretty debatable. They are still pistols with a very short barrel and with a shaky clip-on stock.
    The more sensible choice would be to look for SMGs that are chambered in other cartridges so that you can change the damage model, again I mentioned the Danuvia 43M, which is chambered for said 9x25mm cartridge and could therefore pass as a "heavy SMG", which works almost like an AR. Instead they are adding more MP34 derivates and 9x18 Parabellum weapons firing at ridiculously low ROF.

I agree but the problem is dice completely dropped the ball. The mp34 was chambered in many cartridges including the 9x25 mauser. They could have added the Danuvia and the Swiss MKMO added a 2x scope and had them perform like slower firing assault rifles and the issue would have been solved.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »

@Kauzer_RF
    I disagree about the current crop semi-autos, they’re too useful to random campers. They should give medics access to the shorter range ARs like the sturmG and STG whilst giving assaults access to the longer range SMGs like the MP38 and sten. This way medics still won’t be able to camp and snipe people but can function on the larger maps

Dice will never give assault rifle to medics. But they can give carabines and smg (pdw) to all classes like it was in BF3 and BF4. I remember that one of my favorite loadout for recon class was - PDW, C4 and spawn beacon. I played very agressive in close combat, could ninja bomb vehicles and my squad mates could spawn on my beacon right near objectives. In BF V weapon limits for classes force ppl to camp mostly.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well they could've at least given SMGs with lower ROF a DMG model of an AR and we would've been more then happy but we dont have that and thus are really unhappy with the class-balance