New weapon class for Medic confirmed!

Comments

• stabbinhobo
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    I'll bet a dime to a dollar right now the "new" guns will still be outclassed at any range against any assault weapons. New guns... same problem...

l9oi9.jpg

They could have "fixed" the issue by tweaking the SMG's medics already have.... did they? No. Do you really think anything they add from this point on will actually be better? It will be new unlocks.. same craptastic performance. DICE really does think people will be bought off with placebo. They might as well just offer new skins for the current weps.

@stabbinhobo

Most if not all of the SMGs currently in-game have worse stats than their real-life selves. I think they should buff the SMGs to their real life stats. This is basic

This wouldn’t solve the problem of medic being deadmeat at medium range but it’d make the situation a little better. It’s something in the meantime and would help the class balance

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/177806/a-simple-solution-for-smg-rebalancing#latest

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/arsgix/a_fair_solution_for_medic_gun_rebalancing/?st=JSA4O6GI&sh=7f7cdfbc

Yup.. the SMG's are simply anemic. As it is using a Thompson at 10m and getting burned down by an assault hipfiring a DMR is just crazy stupid. All things being equal.. short range SMG's should own.
  • GirlMisfit
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to start off by saying I was so excited when I read that the Medic will be getting a new weapon type. I immediately thought I could go back to playing medic and actually able to help my squad in the mid range fighting. Then I saw what it was.....pistol carbines.

I'm not sure how this is an alternative class and sounds like it would still get out gunned by eveything including the liberator.
  • Head3masher
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    People complained that the medic had semi auto rifles in BF1, and now they are complaining that they have the SMGs.
  • GirlMisfit
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People complained that the medic had semi auto rifles in BF1, and now they are complaining that they have the SMGs.

I loved my self loading rifle in BF1 as a medic. the range of weapons offered more game play styles than SMGs.
  • Ciza211
    36 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Och amazing after add some medics weapon of course few from BF 1 pistol carabins. We will have now no 3-5 medics in game but maybe 5-7 and its nice. Anybody play it and why play worse class in BFV in large maps is absoluty useless.. And that constantly confirms that Dice do not play this game.
  • wiazabi
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Having smg is not the problem having smg that are weaker than other classes weapon at their intended range is a problem and those weapons that are better in close range on other classes also has better range + less recoil.

If you wanna look at the smgs in bf 1 it was limited to assault which dominated CQB with best ttk in close range when comparing to all other class weapons ( with exeception of a few which had their own downsides so yeah ), smgs in bf 1 also had better range than bf v.

Then if you look at semis in BF V vs BF 1 slrs then they literally took out all the mechanics required to use em best like spread increase and recoil and they all just turned into a very unsatisfying aim -> mag dump repeat with 0 downsides to actually doing so.

So instead of looking at healing + possible smoke being to powerful and tone em down instead of keeping em as is to be a crutch for the class to work they should tone down those things make weapons actually good ( low rpm smgs are most needed in terms of buff ) and add some fun gadgets as smoke is to highly required atm and pretty much just replaced our syringe slot for something that is less fun.

• CoD_Is_Number_1
    279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not really excited for pistol carbines. If they work anything like the handguns, I might as well stick with the useless SMGs.
  • stabbinhobo
    416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly wish they gave medics the option to throw rocks or use the SMG as a club.
  • Dr_X2345
    572 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Again, there's no actual evidence that the new weapon class will be pistol carbines, that's just speculation on Westie's part based on some weapon ids found in the files which have been there since launch.
  • GrizzGolf
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Crap I thought they were getting actually Carbines not Pistol ones. What trash.
  • Dr_X2345
    GrizzGolf wrote: »
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Again, there's no actual evidence that the new weapon class will be pistol carbines, that's just speculation on Westie's part based on some weapon ids found in the files which have been there since launch.

Does anyone actually read?
  • GrizzGolf
    736 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Do I care what someone on the BFV forums think's about me and my poor reading ability?
  • Dr_X2345

Do I care what someone on the BFV forums think's about me and my poor reading ability?

That's not what I meant. I was just pointing out that I'd put a comment saying that there is no certainty whatsoever that the new weapon class is pistol carbines, and then directly below you'd put a comment which is written as if Westie's thoughts are confirmation (which they're not).
    Personally I do really hope Medics get some kind of Carbines - perhaps one of these could be a stronger Pistol carbine, who knows.
  • VincentNZ
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That's not what I meant. I was just pointing out that I'd put a comment saying that there is no certainty whatsoever that the new weapon class is pistol carbines, and then directly below you'd put a comment which is written as if Westie's thoughts are confirmation (which they're not).
    Personally I do really hope Medics get some kind of Carbines - perhaps one of these could be a stronger Pistol carbine, who knows.

We basically have all other weapon classes already in the game though. Pistol carbines are also already in files, with placeholder stats though and unfinalized textures. The only other weapon sub-class I can think of are SMGs that use a different calibre. Other than that we have about everything, or at least everything that would befit the Medic class. I do not think the Medic can suddenly justifiably run around with a bigger gun.
  • GrizzGolf
    VincentNZ wrote: »

We basically have all other weapon classes already in the game though. Pistol carbines are also already in files, with placeholder stats though and unfinalized textures. The only other weapon sub-class I can think of are SMGs that use a different calibre. Other than that we have about everything, or at least everything that would befit the Medic class. I do not think the Medic can suddenly justifiably run around with a bigger gun.

I hope its a bigger gun. What were the carbines in WW2 again?
  • VincentNZ
    1604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Well the DeLisle will come at some point, which would be an option, but would bring nothing to the table for the general Medic class. The M1A1 would have been an option for the Medic but was given to Assault, I doubt we will see shared weaponry. I am not aware of other carbines that would fit a similar role, apart from maybe a C96 Carbine chambered in 9x25mm.
  • Dr_X2345

Well the DeLisle will come at some point, which would be an option, but would bring nothing to the table for the general Medic class. The M1A1 would have been an option for the Medic but was given to Assault, I doubt we will see shared weaponry. I am not aware of other carbines that would fit a similar role, apart from maybe a C96 Carbine chambered in 9x25mm.

Perhaps the Garand and similar rifles? I guess we'll have to wait until more information is given.
  • VincentNZ

Perhaps the Garand and similar rifles? I guess we'll have to wait until more information is given.

I doubt it, the Garand does fit nicely into the Assault class. It is also a ToW issue. From the top of my head I can think of 5 other SMGs, LMGs, MMGs and BAs, but for Semi-autos only the Simonow and Garand come to mind, and no other ARs.
    Something that was discussed on symthic is, when the 7,65 Tokarev cartridge arrives, to give it a 5BTK up close and less damage drop-off. That is a bit stretching, but possible. So more ranged performance for worse CQ. Other than that, the Type 100 and the Danuvia I am not aware of other SMGs that are regularly chambered for other cartridges, and the 9x25mm is basically the only cartridge that is indeed bigger than the 9mm Parabellum. Maybe there were SMGs chambered in .30 Carbine or similar, I do not know.

• wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I came into the thread hopeful, then saw the entire thing was based around a Westie video. He's one of the problems, as DICE has always paid close attention to the numb-skull, who often whines and complains about issues of his own creation.

I'm sure he's right though. He's so far wedged up DICE's bottom and vice versa that I wouldn't doubt they gave him a head's up.

Give more garbage to the class that has garbage. Cool.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well i guess whatever they are going to be adding eventually it will need to perform at least better then SMGs beyond 20m or it was another waste of time and resources