Will Net Code Ever Be Fixed?

DieHarder55
79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
About ready to trade the game. Have a very good Internet connection, yet continual dying to the one hit kills.

Just went something like 5 to 30 in various Conquest and Domination matches as can barely get a round off using Assault weapons before dead.

Heard so many complaints about STG44 being too good but I just got it and can hardly kill with it. Dead in split second, weapon type doesn't matter that killed me.

Time to get rid of Battlefield V?

Comments

• spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    About ready to trade the game. Have a very good Internet connection, yet continual dying to the one hit kills.

Just went something like 5 to 30 in various Conquest and Domination matches as can barely get a round off using Assault weapons before dead.

Heard so many complaints about STG44 being too good but I just got it and can hardly kill with it. Dead in split second, weapon type doesn't matter that killed me.

Time to get rid of Battlefield V?

Its not a netcode problem. Its the really fast TTK. Start recording your deaths. Then go back and watch them at half speed and pay attention to the health bar. You will see it go down in increments instead of all at once except for the occasional headshot by a sniper. Oh and its not going to change. It is what it is.
  • NLBartmaN
    3044 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Its not a netcode problem. Its the really fast TTK. Start recording your deaths. Then go back and watch them at half speed and pay attention to the health bar. You will see it go down in increments instead of all at once except for the occasional headshot by a sniper. Oh and its not going to change. It is what it is.

The really fast TTK in combination with the poor Netcode and poor servers (configuration) is what is giving us a very poor experience.

For testing purposes I would like to see a test for some days with PS4 servers with ping limit of 60 and see what that does. (in BF1 that was heaven on earth)

I would also like to see a test with 60Hz small gamemodes servers for PS4 and all players with ping under 60.

Or some servers with only 1 virtual servers active and not multiple.
  • NLBartmaN
    NoQuart3r wrote: »
    Ahh, the age old tradition of blaming your connection rather than your skills.

What is your platform (console or pc) and ping?
  • l_water_l
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I could look over alot of the problems this game has if they added a solo player only que. 90% of the time there is a server stomp happening its because of premade squads coordinating over discord. That's not their fault they want to play with friends but sometimes I just want a game where everyone is on equal footing.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I thought I had the same issues until I started recording my gameplay. I'm English and the TTK on UK servers with a ping of 11 is just that fast.Throw in lag and high ping players and the experience becomes abysmal.

Had much better gameplay on German and North American servers, for some reason there the TTK feels much better.

Try out some different servers and don't use a Lan line, again I have no idea why but the game plays better with WiFi.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its nothing to do with ttk or ttd it’s all about the lag compensation.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 18
    I mean, I don't do too badly, almost always positive with about a 1.6K/D, but there are those games where I die nearly instantly and players just seem to walk off my bullets.

I'm just wondering, if there is a player with a significantly higher ping (as in in excess of 150), does that bring down the rest of the server? Because from what I'm seeing, though admittedly I haven't really properly looked into it, the servers that have these problems have the higher ping players on them.

If that is the case, then have an automatic kick for anyone that goes over 150ms for 5 seconds or more.
  • VOLBANKER
    875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Q: Will Net Code Ever Be Fixed?

A: No. If They Could, They Would Have Already.
  • NLBartmaN
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Q: Will Net Code Ever Be Fixed?

A: No. If They Could, They Would Have Already.

They can, but they don't want to ... it will cost them money to fix the issue, extra servers in low populated areas and whining high/unstable ping players ...
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m sure there is is still more they can do to optimise the netcode, and higher tick rate servers would be very welcome, but... going 5/30 is probably more to do with you struggling to adapt to the way this game plays.

The TTK is very quick, especially with headshots thrown into the mix. And the scoped meta means you are often getting hit by people you may not have even seen. I play wired, on UK or German server from the UK, Conquest mostly... and now very rarely get single frame deaths and never have had games where I do that badly.

Side note... I’m a little bit sceptical on the latest netcode changes. I have a suspicion there’s a little hidden tweak in there to perhaps make it feel less like one frame deaths. There was some comment outside of the release notes about receiving multiple damage events in a single packet or something along those lines... and I’m wondering if they have changed how the damage is rendered on the client even though its received in the same packet making it feel quick but not instant. I think this might be masking underlying issues related to the faster TTK/TTD.
  • NLBartmaN
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    I’m sure there is is still more they can do to optimise the netcode, and higher tick rate servers would be very welcome, but... going 5/30 is probably more to do with you struggling to adapt to the way this game plays.

The TTK is very quick, especially with headshots thrown into the mix. And the scoped meta means you are often getting hit by people you may not have even seen. I play wired, on UK or German server from the UK, Conquest mostly... and now very rarely get single frame deaths and never have had games where I do that badly.

Side note... I’m a little bit sceptical on the latest netcode changes. I have a suspicion there’s a little hidden tweak in there to perhaps make it feel less like one frame deaths. There was some comment outside of the release notes about receiving multiple damage events in a single packet or something along those lines... and I’m wondering if they have changed how the damage is rendered on the client even though its received in the same packet making it feel quick but not instant. I think this might be masking underlying issues related to the faster TTK/TTD.

By sharing experience with the Netcode also sharing the platform you play on and what your "normal" ping is helps for a better picture.

Most players that have a bad experience with the Netcode seem to play on console with under 15ms ping.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

By sharing experience with the Netcode also sharing the platform you play on and what your "normal" ping is helps for a better picture.

Most players that have a bad experience with the Netcode seem to play on console with under 15ms ping.

As you well know, I play on PS4 and have a ping thats around 23ms. The fact yours is fractionally lower is not the reason you don’t do as well.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    745 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

As you well know, I play on PS4 and have a ping thats around 23ms. The fact yours is fractionally lower is not the reason you don’t do as well.

I don't know, I'm on PS4 and I choose German, NA servers and WiFi specifically because it moves my ping up towards 20's. When I play at my girlfriends the ping usually settles around the mid 20's and the gameplay experience is far better than my own stronger internet speed.

Mid 20's from my experience seems to be the BFV sweet spot on console.
  • NLBartmaN

I don't know, I'm on PS4 and I choose German, NA servers and WiFi specifically because it moves my ping up towards 20's. When I play at my girlfriends the ping usually settles around the mid 20's and the gameplay experience is far better than my own stronger internet speed.

Yeah, but some players don't want to hear/know their stats may (also) be caused by their favourable ping ...
  • WetFishDB
    edited February 18

Yeah, but some players don't want to hear/know their stats may (also) be caused by their favourable ping ...

More like some people need to find an excuse for their performance, and will clutch at whatever straw is nearest. Ps, not aimed at you BFB... Bartman’s been using this excuse for a long time, and humiliated himself a few times on this subject on the BF1 threads.
  • NLBartmaN

More like some people need to find an excuse for their performance, and will clutch at whatever straw is nearest. Ps, not aimed at you BFB... Bartman’s been using this excuse for a long time, and humiliated himself a few times on this subject on the BF1 threads.

Lots of complaints, mostly from console players with ping under 15-20ms, but offcourse players that have the perfect beneficial mid 20 ping see that as an excuse ...

Totally not aimed at someone specific, just general talk ...
  • WetFishDB

Lots of complaints, mostly from console players with ping under 15-20ms, but offcourse players that have the perfect beneficial mid 20 ping see that as an excuse ...

Totally not aimed at someone specific, just general talk ...

Lol. You can keep burying your head in the sand and blame your ping all you like... and guess what, you’ll stay just as ‘good’ as you are. I’m looking forward to your next ‘technical’ explanation of concepts you clearly know very little about.

I play with @The_BERG_366 regularly, his ping in the low 10’s... and he regularly wipes the floor with me and frankly pretty much everyone else on the server. For some reason he can play very well with a ping even better than yours... I mean, surely that’s impossible?! It can’t be because he’s actually... well... good at the game... can it?! :lol:
  • NLBartmaN

Lol. You can keep burying your head in the sand and blame your ping all you like... and guess what, you’ll stay just as ‘good’ as you are. I’m looking forward to your next ‘technical’ explanation of concepts you clearly know very little about.

I play with @The_BERG_366 regularly, his ping in the low 10’s... and he regularly wipes the floor with me and frankly pretty much everyone else on the server. For some reason he can play very well with a ping even better than yours... I mean, surely that’s impossible?! It can’t be because he’s actually... well... good at the game... can it?! :lol:

Imagine how good he would be with YOUR ping ...