Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• GeneralXIV
    237 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I voted no. I think I should explain.

Imo, from 2014 with the release of Dragon Age Inquisition, all EA games Ive played have been... reactive. Instead of each game/series having its own mechanics and personality, they seem to want their games to be mirror copies of other popular games so they can kinda climb aboard their popularity.

After Skyrim in 2011, the next Dragon Age and Mass Effect games featured open worlds which had been... only slightly there in previous instalments? You had some freedom in where you would travel, but I wouldn't consider them open world personally. But they clearly made open world games in response to Skyrims success where everyone was enjoying open world RPGs.

Star Wars Battlefront II... Was kinda reactive to the criticisms of its predecessor. The marketing often spoke about how much content it had compared to the previous game because apparently the first game was lacking.

Anthem (going to be released in a few days, yay!) is apparently similar to Destiny but idk I didnt play the first one and didnt enjoy the hour I played of the second when it was free so I cant be sure. Im excited though :)

Now Battlefield V... recently all the 12 year olds in the world have been playing battle royale games, and Battlefield V was, imo, created to try and get EA some money from their popularity. But the thing is... making battle royale games because they are popular risks oversaturating the market. If all the big developers start making battle royale games because thats where the money is, games that are unique and offer something different to everyone else just wont be made. And thats terrible imo. If I wanted to play a battle royale game, Id buy... I cant remember their names. Id buy one of them anyhow. But I wont. I would prefer Battlefield V do something unique and interesting rather than game modes that other games already do. Thats how games stay fresh and fun, by being different to each other, not identical. And thats how games make money also imo. They offer an experience that you cant find in another game.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was not into BR at all until trying Apex. While I prefer objective based gameplay more I now see the value in BR. It can be an exciting mode when done right. So I'm very curious to see what the BF franchise does with it. It's a worthwhile game mode to have in a game for sure.

What I'd really like to see is BF 2143, with the classic modes plus a BR mode.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    So a quick summary of the results so far of those who voted:

Over 80% DO NOT WANT a Battle Royal mode... or prefer the game be focused on content or something else.

Keep the votes coming. The more ppl who vote the better sample size we'll have, and HOPEFULLY the devs will actually get to see this.

Because it's as I initially hypothesized - The vast Majority of the player base DID NOT ask for or want a Battle Royal mode but would rather have more maps, weapons, factions, cosmetics, and more balanced gameplay and fixes.
    Post edited by Cpt_Blitz_26 on
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If I wanted battle royale I'd play any game that's dedicated to it.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it brings new players and their revenue from buying the game which could result in new content, then yes.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So a quick summary of the results so far of those who voted:

80% DO NOT WANT a Battle Royal mode... or prefer the game be focused on content or something else.

Keep the votes coming. The more ppl who vote the better sample size we'll have, and HOPEFULLY the devs will actually get to see this.

Because it's as I initially hypothesized - The vast Majority of the player base DID NOT ask for or want a Battle Royal mode but would rather have more maps, weapons, factions, cosmetics, and more balanced gameplay and fixes.

Unfortunately this poll is only canvassing the opinion of the members of this forum, therefore the data set does not represent the vast majority of the player base.

It is interesting however.

Personally I'm neither for or against a BR mode and will try it out and judge it on it's merits.

The development of the BR mode is being performed by a separate team correct? If so it shouldn't affect content, bug fixing, and balancing efforts by Dice going forward.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm interested to see how it plays. I used to play a lot of PUBG, and I've played a bit of Apex (I hate the setting and visuals, though), so I like the concept of BR games.
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care for BR at all, in ANY game. I'm fine if they include it in BFV, but they better not put any TOW or assignments tied to that game mode. I don't want to see a single weapon/vehicle unlock that requires the mode to be forced down my throat. Let the no-lifer streamer youtubers play that crap 18hrs a day, perhaps they can allow us to have fun in the vanilla Battlefield since they'll all be over there.
  • Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have no interest in BR at all. I have never played PUBG or Fortnite and have no intention of doing so. I also find that a BR mode is rather out of context for a game that prioritizes squad play. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to play Free For All?
  • Kattegat_Twin
    760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no interest in BR at all. I have never played PUBG or Fortnite and have no intention of doing so. I also find that a BR mode is rather out of context for a game that prioritizes squad play. Now all of a sudden we're supposed to play Free For All?

If it's anything like other BRs, there will be a squad option. In PUBG, for example, you can play solo, duo, or 4 man squads.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26

If it's anything like other BRs, there will be a squad option. In PUBG, for example, you can play solo, duo, or 4 man squads.

Yes all of them, fortnite, pubg, and apex legends encourage squad play.

But Battlefield has never been a BR mode type of game... so I'm curious if this was just a cash grab from EA? They were releasing Apex as well though so it's not like they didn't think of the overlap... I see no reasonable reason to add it to Battlefield 5, especially as early as they wanted to... i mean maybe 3 years down the line to make something new... but right now we are SEVERELY lacking in good content for the main portion of the game.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, I don't want it. I want content in the regular modes. Instead of DICE wasting development time on some fad that is already done better by other games, they should be focusing on bringing more maps and meaningful (as in not cosmetics) content to regular Battlefield, along with fixing the 10 billion bugs they have in the game.

But here we are. 2019. Every game has to have Battle Royale because if they don't they think they can't make money.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    Okay we are starting to see 82% for NOT WANTING...

Keep the votes coming. A good sample will be over 100 players.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be utter stupidity if they added Firestorm to the game than have it as a free standalone mode. The game doesn't have the population we thought it would, it's losing players to other games and 80% of the ones who are still playing it are saying they don't want Battle Royale. Factor in the fact that Fortnite is free, Apex is free, PUBG is NOT a full price game, and COD has a much bigger playerbase than BFV and I think it would be fire-able offense on whoever makes the decision to not make Firestorm a free standalone because that would be clearly a destructive decision.
  • JanTwardy
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NO.

I'm with Battlefield since start, Battlefield 1942. They should focus on BF modes like CQ, Rush and Conquest Squad - which is great. For that will love BF not some cop or BR.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6731 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Given that Firestorm is being developed by Criterion, the impact on DICE resource will be minimal.

There were quite a few threads wanting a BR type mode awhile back.

You will also need closer to 1000 votes to be considered representative.

That said, upvote THIS comment if you really don't care either way.
    Would somebody kindly upvote it on my behalf as you can't upvote your own posts!

Done. But I really mean to downvote but there's no such option.
  • Trokey66
    8248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers, have an upvote back.

I fail to see why there is uproar over its inclusion.

Although a bit bigger, Firestorm is just like the plethora of other game modes DICE have tried over the years. If players like it they'll play it if not, it'll go the way of the likes of Supply Drop (shudders).

But hey, that's just me......
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    I prefer conquest to every other game mode but will give Firestorm a try just like I've tried Apex Legends, PubG, and H1Z1, and who knows I might like it. I can't say I don't want it because I think the more game modes the better and I'll just choose not to play it if I don't like it and if that's the case I still won't care that it is an option for those that do. I do however hope that DICE is directing more resources to fixing bugs and improving the game overall than to developing Firestorm as that should not be the priority until the game is in a better state.
    Truth is though, I'd rather see Back to Basics, Pistols Only, RSP, and Hardcore.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Cheers, have an upvote back.

I fail to see why there is uproar over its inclusion.

Although a bit bigger, Firestorm is just like the plethora of other game modes DICE have tried over the years. If players like it they'll play it if not, it'll go the way of the likes of Supply Drop (shudders).

But hey, that's just me......

Firestorm is a massive overhaul of the mechanics and how the game plays, works, and feels. It's not just another mode like conquest, rush, etc.

It's nearly a complete overhaul, thus the reason you stated before, a different company is handling it.