Weekly BF

Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played the other BR games and I will play this one......As I haven't seen any game play or met anyone who has played it I cant say if its going to be good or bad.
    Its out soon and I have paid for it so I will be there.....BF Firestorm may turn out to be a great game.
    If its poor I will move on just like everyone else....So yes looking forward to it.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Cheers, have an upvote back.

I fail to see why there is uproar over its inclusion.

Although a bit bigger, Firestorm is just like the plethora of other game modes DICE have tried over the years. If players like it they'll play it if not, it'll go the way of the likes of Supply Drop (shudders).

But hey, that's just me......

Firestorm is a massive overhaul of the mechanics and how the game plays, works, and feels. It's not just another mode like conquest, rush, etc.

It's nearly a complete overhaul, thus the reason you stated before, a different company is handling it.

But it is just another mode, what else is it as it is not a seperate game.

And what mechanics are being completely overhauled? Have you played it?

DICE have 'overhauled' mechanics to suit game modes many times, the most notable in this case is perhaps BF4's Scavenger.

Scavenger, from a weapon/ammo point of view had BR mechanics before BR was a thing so you can't say attrition is included solely because of Forestorm.

And don't say fortifications is included solely for BR as the 'community' have wanted the ability to create machine gun nests and foxholes etc for some time.

Whether 'we' wanted one or not is irrelevant, fact is, many in the 'community' wanted a BR mode and although some didn't, we are getting one and that won't change despite your poll.

To coin a phrase, "IF you don't like it, don't play it"!
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pointless and not wanted.
    Played PUBG and Fortnite and found dull. Fortnite is just PUBG for children.
    And I don’t understand why you’d want to bring it to any proper fps game.
  • CaptHotah
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can't wait for Firestorm so i can carry my squad to victory like in all the other game modes and let them know in the chat at the end they suck
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BR is probably fun for kids or campers. I ve tried apex and deleted it within 30 mins.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like battle royale.
    But I wouldn't mind having a BR mode in BFV.
    I would probably try it, even if that's just to confirm that I still don't like BR; but it's not like that such a mode would make me abandon the game, as there are plenty of other modes I enjoy.
  • VOLBANKER
    1034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Makes no sense at all to have this poll considering BR is coming either way.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I cant say if I want it or not.. I certainly cant judge it till I try it.. And I really do wanna try it..
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I haven’t tried it yet, therefore I haven’t formed my opinion about it.

In general, though, I oppose the notion that ‘because no one asked for it, therefore it shouldn’t be in the game’. Did anyone ask for Operations or Frontlines, in BF1? Or were they just two game modes, that DICE tried out, that turned out to be popular?

I don’t mind a developer that’s trying new things, rather than just doing the same old. If we never got new game modes, we wouldn’t have seen TDM, Domination, Rush, among many others; we would only have Conquest.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Although a bit bigger, Firestorm is just like the plethora of other game modes DICE have tried over the years. If players like it they'll play it if not, it'll go the way of the likes of Supply Drop (shudders).

Firestorm is a massive overhaul of the mechanics and how the game plays, works, and feels. It's not just another mode like conquest, rush, etc.

It's nearly a complete overhaul, thus the reason you stated before, a different company is handling it.

DICE have 'overhauled' mechanics to suit game modes many times, the most notable in this case is perhaps BF4's Scavenger.

Scavenger, from a weapon/ammo point of view had BR mechanics before BR was a thing so you can't say attrition is included solely because of Forestorm.

And don't say fortifications is included solely for BR as the 'community' have wanted the ability to create machine gun nests and foxholes etc for some time.

Whether 'we' wanted one or not is irrelevant, fact is, many in the 'community' wanted a BR mode and although some didn't, we are getting one and that won't change despite your poll.

Let me correct you.

And SOME may have wanted BR but MANY could care less for it.

It is relevant what the community wants.
  • Kauzer_RF
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    This game needs like twice more maps as it has now. Ppl are bored already to see only 5 maps after 5 months. 2nd thing which is gona boost online is a rented servers, so ppl could play favorite map 24\7, HC mode, without snipers etc etc. BR is just a waste of resources, dev's time etc.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why vote? I dont care for BRs personally but any content is welcomed at this point and if somebody bought bf 5 for firestorm let them have their wish granted. It's not as if they wont release it at this point.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nope. Never asked for it.

I'll probably try it at least once, but I don't see how it'll make me want to give up Apex for it. It just doesn't really fit Battlefield imo.
  • BeastlyVerse
    25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think it’ll be an interesting take on the mode, but I’ll most likely just play apex legends for battle royale. The battle royale in BFV is probably going to be really frustrating because I know so many deaths are going to be because of how bad the visibility is combined with the fast ttd. It won’t be fun to keep investing 5-10 minutes doing nothing, getting immediately dropped by the prone guy, and then queuing up again.
  • Trokey66
    8520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12

Let me correct you.

And SOME may have wanted BR but MANY could care less for it.

It is relevant what the community wants.

And that opinion is irrelevant because it is coming like it or not.
    Post edited by Trokey66 on
  • Tip_the_Cap
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, I did not want BR.
  • JanTwardy
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    I dont want BR in BF

I would like Squad Conquest, Rush, more maps.
  • doctorrocktor
    1819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't care either way,if you like it play it,if you don't like it stick to the modes you like best.
  • disposalist
    8659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Don't care either way,if you like it play it,if you don't like it stick to the modes you like best.
    But it's not a mode it's a whole different game, made by a different studio, we've been told (when people suggest they should allocate resources to fix/improve the main game).

I wonder how good BF5 core game could have been if they'd not put in BR-supporting mechanics and they'd had a whole other studio to help?...
  • Trokey66
    edited March 12
    But it's not a mode it's a whole different game, made by a different studio, we've been told (when people suggest they should allocate resources to fix/improve the main game).

I wonder how good BF5 core game could have been if they'd not put in BR-supporting mechanics and they'd had a whole other studio to help?...

How is it anything other than a seperate mode, albeit a big one?

Unless/until it can be downloaded and played standalone, ie independent of the core game, it is just another mode.

Oh, and mechanics can be altered to suit gamemodes, and there is no actual evidence, beyond people's desire to see it, that mechanics in the core game are as they are because of Firestorm.