Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    Couldn't think of anything that I'd rather play less than battle royale, sorry this is BF not Fortnite

Nice to see that only 25 want BR and 147 do not. EA/ DICE / Criterion have identified what the BF community want, obviously.
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    These threads are bad. Seriously. Stop voting up these stupid "polls" as if they matter or not, giving points to these dillweeds who just copy and paste a thread that's been done a thousand times.

EA/DICE doesn't care about the .0005% of votes tallied.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Don't care either way,if you like it play it,if you don't like it stick to the modes you like best.
    But it's not a mode it's a whole different game, made by a different studio, we've been told (when people suggest they should allocate resources to fix/improve the main game).

I wonder how good BF5 core game could have been if they'd not put in BR-supporting mechanics and they'd had a whole other studio to help?...

How is it anything other than a seperate mode, albeit a big one?

Unless/until it can be downloaded and played standalone, ie independent of the core game, it is just another mode.

Oh, and mechanics can be altered to suit gamemodes, and there is no actual evidence, beyond people's desire to see it, that mechanics in the core game are as they are because of Firestorm.

Its everything but a new game. seperate rank structure, solo, duo, or 4 man play options, and content/mechanics that dont exist in any other mode. Sure its the same game that DICE tried wrapping behind deluxe orders but pulled the plug due to fiscal prediction
  • VIDSICIOUS
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I have yet to play a BR that I like. The fact that I can't start the game with my own loadouts is a no go for me. Yes I know how BR's work before anyone points that out.

BF was great when they were their own game.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I rather the game gets fixed first and foremost before deciding to put out more content, but then again, that's the norm for gaming companies nowadays with selling games that are still in beta and are halfway complete. I really can't keep forking over money for a game that's not worth the amount I paid for. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot to this game that makes it one of the best shooters out there, and EA is not the only company that continues its greedy marketing tactics, which when it comes to technology and games, people tend to be more informed about versus other consumer products. But still, it's annoying when I find myself not being able to play this game for long periods of time, especially without hardcore yet to be implemented, no co-op campaign, and just glitches and quirks like player movement that in strafing looks unrealistic and just way too jerky, however I digress.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly it doesn't really matter who's developing BF BR. If... if it is a success to some extent Dice will be forced to work on BR content too while leaving proper bf players without any content because money >>>> everything else.
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No option for I don’t care?

Im not into BR but I don’t mind if others want a BF BR.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    wc138 wrote: »
    These threads are bad. Seriously. Stop voting up these stupid "polls" as if they matter or not, giving points to these dillweeds who just copy and paste a thread that's been done a thousand times.

EA/DICE doesn't care about the .0005% of votes tallied.

This is the OG poll btw. Not copied or pasted from anyone.

And we're not seeking validation for our cause, but simple wanting to see what our peers on the forum think.
    And right now, an overwhelming majority thinks BR is NOT a great fit for BF5.

You and the other 20 ppl can get together though and party up, maybe have a grand old time in BR mode. Since it's bothering you so much that you're not with a majority.

I'll be sitting in my chair, like a skeleton, waiting for the USF, Soviets, Japan, and all the sweet maps that could come with them... wondering what we could have had if they had not spent money on developing Battle Royal (a cash dash grab attempt on popularity) in a classic series like Battlefield.
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The overwhelming majority didn't even vote!
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Polls dont exist for a majority. Just an average census from willing participants.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I almost would've rather seen Dice implement some sort of Turok mode that plays like COD zombies where you and other players can co-op and unlock various items only because there has been so many easter eggs revolving them. I dunno, but just shooting a T-rex in the face with an RPG while fighting hoards of other prehistoric beasts would be kind of satisfying for a new game mode.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    edited March 12
    The overwhelming majority didn't even vote!

I've REPEATEDLY acknowledged that dude.

hahah still so bitter about not being on the side of the forum majority, active majority, whatever way you'd like to twist it bud.

I'd take you to vegas and bet that this poll would produce the same results if every. single. player. voted.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    edited March 12
    Polls dont exist for a majority. Just an average census from willing participants.

Tell that too the guys freaking out and saying this has no merit, is a waste of time, and is garbage.

I think it has tons of relevance and was good to see what my fellow forum members were feeling about BR. And that's that 86%+ out of nearly 200 who voted say "We don't care for it".

"bUT tHaTs NoT thE eNTirE pLAyER BaSEEE!" Just roflmao at imagining these guys haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Instead of embracing the data and trying to understand why it's that way they instead say - "Doesn't matter anyway", "Why even ask", "This isn't REALLY how ppl feel". Just childish denial.

Had this polls results been flipped flopped I would have said... "Wow... I guess I don't really care for BR but a lot of ppl on here sure do".
  • Trokey66
    8176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Iver 1600 players have viewed this thread and it perhaps gathered 250 votes at most (I have included the 24 votes against 2 'not bothered' posts).

1350ish players couldn't be bothered to vote, what does that say about your poll?

I'm not bitter or salty, just amazed that you insist on drawing a meaningful conclusion from these figures.
  • Redstripe101

Tell that too the guys freaking out and saying this has no merit, is a waste of time, and is garbage.

I think it has tons of relevance and was good to see what my fellow forum members were feeling about BR. And that's that 86%+ out of nearly 200 who voted say "We don't care for it".

"bUT tHaTs NoT thE eNTirE pLAyER BaSEEE!" Just roflmao at imagining these guys haha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Instead of embracing the data and trying to understand why it's that way they instead say - "Doesn't matter anyway", "Why even ask", "This isn't REALLY how ppl feel". Just childish denial.

Had this polls results been flipped flopped I would have said... "Wow... I guess I don't really care for BR but a lot of ppl on here sure do".

I see it both ways, DICE knew long before any development took place that BF 5 was going to live service, and they wanted to attrack the obvious battle royale trend and thought of Firestorm. So from one side, I can see it futile if the intent of the poll was to stop the release of Firestorm. From the other I see it as a way to solidify the voices of players who hope to steer the direction and influence that DICE basis their developement and design on. The disdain for unaddressed issues with current content is justified imo, the bigger question would be if the current state of the game worked as intended, without the plethora of bugs, how much willing would a player base be to try new modes.

This poll to me just tells me DICE truly has lost its pulse of the community. Albeit we now see increased info and activity from devs, but it shouldnt take creating a rukus to prompt it. When in Rome though ....
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Soulbreeze wrote: »
    Don't give the slightest amount of crap about a BR mode

yep
    this is BF
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why so many are so upset about BR mode coming to BFV... True, nobody asked for it. But nobody asked for Squad Conquest either, and one day it appeared. I personally hated it, but there were quite a few people on here singing its praises. Both examples there are just different game modes. Don't like them? Don't play them!

I don't like SQ, and won't be playing it if it comes back, but I support those players who want it back. I don't like Rush very much (never have done), and won't be playing that either, if the mode stays. But again, I support those that want the mode to stay, because they enjoy it.

BR is just one mode of many in the game. Dry your eyes, folks, and stop worrying about what modes others enjoy. Especially since it isn't even the main dev team making Firestorm. So criticise them for the mistakes that they are actually making, not for making a mode that they had nothing to do with.

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand why so many are so upset about BR mode coming to BFV... True, nobody asked for it. But nobody asked for Squad Conquest either, and one day it appeared. I personally hated it, but there were quite a few people on here singing its praises. Both examples there are just different game modes. Don't like them? Don't play them!

I don't like SQ, and won't be playing it if it comes back, but I support those players who want it back. I don't like Rush very much (never have done), and won't be playing that either, if the mode stays. But again, I support those that want the mode to stay, because they enjoy it.

BR is just one mode of many in the game. Dry your eyes, folks, and stop worrying about what modes others enjoy. Especially since it isn't even the main dev team making Firestorm. So criticise them for the mistakes that they are actually making, not for making a mode that they had nothing to do with.

It's more like people don't like that the other, barely asked for, game modes take away resources from fixing the many issues with the core game.

We don't need more game modes. We need better class and weapon balance, more maps and weapons, and bug and quality of life fixes.
  • Trokey66
    Sixclicks wrote: »

It's more like people don't like that the other, barely asked for, game modes take away resources from fixing the many issues with the core game.

We don't need more game modes. We need better class and weapon balance, more maps and weapons, and bug and quality of life fixes.

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment, I doubt that Firestorm is detracting from bug fixes, weapons and maps etc.
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment, I doubt that Firestorm is detracting from bug fixes, weapons and maps etc.
    Of course it is. Different team or not, EA is paying to have Firestorm developed when they should be fixing an existing product.

It might make economic sense, but it is still a slap in the face to Battlefield players for them to be developing a game mode that is so different it doesn't target their wants or needs instead of addressing the many many bad issues in the product they just gave them.

Companies are in the business of making money? Sure. But some like to do it by delivering great products and keeping customers happy. Others will happily shaft their existing customers to chase new ones. If EA want to be the latter *shrug* that's up to them, but it doesn't stop Battlefield fans from being rightfully peed off.