Poll - Did you/Do you want BATTLE ROYAL? Vote now!

Comments

• wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    These threads are bad. Seriously. Stop voting up these stupid "polls" as if they matter or not, giving points to these dillweeds who just copy and paste a thread that's been done a thousand times.

EA/DICE doesn't care about the .0005% of votes tallied.

This is the OG poll btw. Not copied or pasted from anyone.

And we're not seeking validation for our cause, but simple wanting to see what our peers on the forum think.
    And right now, an overwhelming majority thinks BR is NOT a great fit for BF5.

You and the other 20 ppl can get together though and party up, maybe have a grand old time in BR mode. Since it's bothering you so much that you're not with a majority.

I'll be sitting in my chair, like a skeleton, waiting for the USF, Soviets, Japan, and all the sweet maps that could come with them... wondering what we could have had if they had not spent money on developing Battle Royal (a cash dash grab attempt on popularity) in a classic series like Battlefield.

It's a strange length you went to assume that, because I disagreed with the very notion of your stupid poll, that it somehow meant I was angry that people voted in one direction, and that I really wanted to play BR.

It's also strange that you say you wanted to get the opinions of your peers, but yet you tried to turn it into a numbers game benefiting you with votes.

All in all, I have to ask, do you suffer from a severe learning disability? Do you suffer from some form of brain damage? Generally curious here, because good god was your reply baseless, stupid, and baselessly-stupid.

• Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    I like BR mode. It is far more competitive than the other modes. I just hope they make it right and don’t throw **** up against the wall like we’ve seen lately.

how can u call a BR game competitive?
    u need luck for loot and on top u need even more luck to loot "epic" weapons....
    it's like saying u need skill to loot the best epic gun :smiley:

it would be way more competitive if u just could select ur loadout
  • Kattegat_Twin
    758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    I like BR mode. It is far more competitive than the other modes. I just hope they make it right and don’t throw **** up against the wall like we’ve seen lately.

u need luck for loot and on top u need even more luck to loot "epic" weapons....

It's competitive in the sense that you need to make the best of whatever you're carrying at any given moment, until you can find something better. In PUBG, it is very satisfying to kill someone with a handgun, and steal his lovely specced up AR/Sniper rifle or whatever he has. The person with the "best" gear does not automatically come out on top. You need to be good at stealth, know the map, and know how to deal with whatever your enemies are throwing at you.

Nobody says you need skill to loot a gun. Why did you pull that out of your behind?
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13

It's competitive in the sense that you need to make the best of whatever you're carrying at any given moment, until you can find something better. In PUBG, it is very satisfying to kill someone with a handgun, and steal his lovely specced up AR/Sniper rifle or whatever he has. The person with the "best" gear does not automatically come out on top. You need to be good at stealth, know the map, and know how to deal with whatever your enemies are throwing at you.

Nobody says you need skill to loot a gun. Why did you pull that out of your behind?

because if 2 good players (same skill level, same reaction time, same map knowledge) meet and one of them was lucky to loot the same gun but on "epic" tell me who will win that gunfight and why?

i accept ur opinion it's okay but...
    for me and i know not just for me "competitive" means that there is NO (or lets say not an intended) luck factor 😊

ah and yea nobody said looting a better gun is skill... i just said calling a BR game with loot competitve is like saying u need skill to drop a better weapon
  • Ypsilon-Oh

But if u got 2 good players (same skill level, same reaction time, same map knowledge) and one of them was lucky to loot the same weapon but on "epic" and than they meet, who will win this gunfight and why?
    u also could think about player 1 was looting his favorite gun and player 2 didn't... where is the competition if they are at same skill level?

i accept ur opinion it's okay :smile:
    but for me and for many others i know "competitive" means that there is NO (or lets say not an intended) luck part...
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Battle Royale Mode will e like every other new mode dice puts into the game. People will play it for a week and then it's back to vanilla conquest.
  • Trokey66
    8159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    I don't understand why so many are so upset about BR mode coming to BFV... True, nobody asked for it. But nobody asked for Squad Conquest either, and one day it appeared. I personally hated it, but there were quite a few people on here singing its praises. Both examples there are just different game modes. Don't like them? Don't play them!

I don't like SQ, and won't be playing it if it comes back, but I support those players who want it back. I don't like Rush very much (never have done), and won't be playing that either, if the mode stays. But again, I support those that want the mode to stay, because they enjoy it.

BR is just one mode of many in the game. Dry your eyes, folks, and stop worrying about what modes others enjoy. Especially since it isn't even the main dev team making Firestorm. So criticise them for the mistakes that they are actually making, not for making a mode that they had nothing to do with.

It's more like people don't like that the other, barely asked for, game modes take away resources from fixing the many issues with the core game.

We don't need more game modes. We need better class and weapon balance, more maps and weapons, and bug and quality of life fixes.
    Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment, I doubt that Firestorm is detracting from bug fixes, weapons and maps etc.
    Of course it is. Different team or not, EA is paying to have Firestorm developed when they should be fixing an existing product.

It might make economic sense, but it is still a slap in the face to Battlefield players for them to be developing a game mode that is so different it doesn't target their wants or needs instead of addressing the many many bad issues in the product they just gave them.

Companies are in the business of making money? Sure. But some like to do it by delivering great products and keeping customers happy. Others will happily shaft their existing customers to chase new ones. If EA want to be the latter *shrug* that's up to them, but it doesn't stop Battlefield fans from being rightfully peed off.

So what are DICE doing?

They aren't making Firestorm.

According to you, they are not fixing bugs.

I suppose they are developing new content then.
  • AspectofSouls
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want Battle Royale mode for these reasons:
    1.) The round victory is determined by your luck in looting the best weapons and armor -> luck based game mode
    2.) You shouldn't be able to earn vehicles because it's just dumb and puts other players in disadvantage
    3.) You shouldn't be able to see everyone while launching the round durring the paraschute phase because it's dumb. Rather make a random map spawn.
    4.) Just make a Last man standing mode where people have one life, no armor, no weapon collecting ****, players should be able to pick their weapon in the menu and then launch in and enjoy 1 life adrenaline on that large scale map.

PS: And please don't include choppers in WW2 game, there were barely any in Europe except the Vietnam war.
  • B4ckdoorAssassin
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play Battlefield games for the type of gameplay that it offers, not for a BR mode. I'm not looking forward to it, nor will I be playing it. Although, I haven't been playing BFV much as it is now.
  • Sammy_SUN1
    48 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    This is done in an effort to see what others think and thought about a Battle Royal mode in BF5.

I for one think alot of ppl DIDN'T even ask for it and that it's just DICE/EA trending towards popular genre.

I think it was a waste of time, resources, and it doesn't fit this game at all.

I would have MUCH preferred more maps, factions, and weapons and vehicles.

I think the plan to add Battle Royal may be the death of BF5. Thoughts?

So true. u are right on the subject dude. EA wanted to ride the pubG and Fortnite wave since the launch. They were telling us about the big attrition system they invented...and it was crap taken from other games just to make a camp related game with low ammo, hoping to sell millions of copies. The bigest fail in BF history. And now...they keep going on the road to absolute finish of the franchise. amazing job :)) and these people have millions on their hands....with such ideas :))
  • Don_en_Ad
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes firestorm , apex , pubG and Fortnite killer.
  • GP-Caliber
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    add it. game is boring as hell because its so repititive.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    whether you vote yes or no is irrelevant. it's not for us, it's to rope in all those cash casuals into the battlefield franchise. all the players out there who've played the other battle royals. if we like it, it's just a bonus.
  • TropicPoison
    2319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    whether you vote yes or no is irrelevant. it's not for us, it's to rope in all those cash casuals into the battlefield franchise. all the players out there who've played the other battle royals. if we like it, it's just a bonus.

I highly doubt anyone would buy BFV just for the BR when apex and fortnite are free.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

you mean all the ones who are playing other BRs not Battlefield? DICE couldnt tie their shoes imo
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    0 interest in BR mode. Its not for Battlefield. If that studio would make instead 5-6 great MP maps it would be 100 times better....
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battle royale sounds cool but primarily I want a battlefield game focused on conquest and breakthrough and now that were on the eve of the battle royale release it’s clear now that so many resources were put on the battle royale part that the main game suffered from a severe lack of content as a result, and I’m just not sure if it was worth it, I’m sure I’ll like it but the resources need to be pulled off battle royale and put towards the main game from this point forward
  • rmanl
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t think we got anymore content by now even if BR wasn’t coming.

Can’t say it is true but that just a feeling I have.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want BR mode, it is waste of valuable time and recources.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    add it. game is boring as hell because its so repititive.

It is repititive because of lack of new maps, is this simple actually.