Score: 14500 Assualt score, 17000 exp, 37-10.

M_Rat13
773 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Didn't even realize. Wow, the Seb 1916 is really OP. Not even fully upgraded lol. Top of the scoreboard without even trying.

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assault is the easiest class to play and also the strongest atm.

Congrats though!
  • M_Rat13
    773 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Congrats though!

Technically. It's my first time using an Assualt semi auto bar the M1A1, which is more like an AR you can't full auto.

Usually, my highest exp has been around 12k, so getting 17k is a big shock. It just shows how OP Assualt semi autos are. The class may very well be balanced if it lost them.
  • One_Called_Kane
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a game last night on Aerodrome with the FG-42 and kept pace with my squadmate who just so happened to be using Mr. Selb. We finished #1 and #2 with maybe 100pts separating us. That's just one example. Third place guy was another squaddie using the Sten.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1097365926617019712?handle=One_Called_Kane
    Assault's biggest advantage over other classes is in their ranged anti-tank weapons, otherwise as far as guns are concerned there are plenty of competitive options out there. You just have to know your effective engagement distance and adapt to that accordingly.
  • M_Rat13
    Played a game last night on Aerodrome with the FG-42 and kept pace with my squadmate who just so happened to be using Mr. Selb. We finished #1 and #2 with maybe 100pts separating us. That's just one example. Third place guy was another squaddie using the Sten.
    https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1097365926617019712?handle=One_Called_Kane
    Assault's biggest advantage over other classes is in their ranged anti-tank weapons, otherwise as far as guns are concerned there are plenty of competitive options out there. You just have to know your effective engagement distance and adapt to that accordingly.

But let me ask you a simple question. What is the Assualts semi autos disadvantage?
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

But let me ask you a simple question. What is the Assualts semi autos disadvantage?

CQB?
    Sure the Turner has reasonable hipfire stats and the M1A1 has reasonable ROF, but against competent SMG/AR/LMG users normally you are toast.
    Multiple opponents and its game over.
  • M_Rat13
    QwarHimos wrote: »

CQB?
    Sure the Turner has reasonable hipfire stats and the M1A1 has reasonable ROF, but against competent SMG/AR/LMG users normally you are toast.
    Multiple opponents and its game over.

You'd think so. But with the speed of ADAD spam, and add in lightened stock, you can really hamper an enemies accuracy, while you land consistent shots with your insane accuracy.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on PS4 so can't really comment on the ADAD spam issue.
    Happy to defer to you there.
    Insane accuracy while hipfiring I'm not so sure of though.

I guess some have gone down the hipfire specs but would think they are a minority among SAR users.
    Devastation I use the ARs due to the high percentage of CQB Instances if I choose assault.
    Normally play medic on that map however.
  • adamsauve
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Congrats though!

Whole heartedly disagree. Medic kill farming, I can go 10-1 easy. Second, I can go about 6-1 with support. However, I would say Assault is a close third, definitely second place on conquest.
  • One_Called_Kane
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They are vulnerable to CQB as has already been brought up. Assuming equal skill there is no shortage of options that will kill faster than a semi-auto as the range drops. Sure a player can spec theirs out for good hipfire and improved close range performance but they sacrifice a lot to do so. Semi-Autos, LMGs, and Assault Rifles are all generally comparable over the most common engagement ranges.
    They are vulnerable to snipers at long range too, (although the velocity disparity between the three classes above and the bolt actions could use a once-over, in my opinion) especially if they have spec'd it to be good at hipfire. They certainly aren't good at both at once.
  • ChinesiumAlloy
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I am loving the FG42. It does take some time to get used to, and must tap-fired, but man does it melt peeps. Constant reloading though.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Semi-auto with 3x is great for the mid range, basically anything between CQB and sniper levels. I'd rather have the Lewis gun for CQB to mid range, and the MP40 for pure CQB if it were up to me. People sleep on the Lewis gun, but upgraded, it's basically a no recoil effective long range option with a huge amount of rounds for CQB burst.
  • One_Called_Kane

I am loving the FG42. It does take some time to get used to, and must tap-fired, but man does it melt peeps. Constant reloading though.

It's my main for German Support. I love how versatile it is. Last night me and a buddy cleared B on Twisted Steel and I was able to pick off enemies on A in single fire immediately after just melting the guys on the bridge. Beautiful weapon. I do wish it hit a little harder just because of that ammo limitation but then it legitimately would be overpowered so oh well.