Crash after 5 mins EVERY TIME

TheSaltyCaveman
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Its not just Battlefield as Anthem does it too so Im guessing its a DX12 issue as Apex runs fine. Im running an RTX 2070 and a 2700x system. Any suggestions ??

Comments

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3806 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Does it crash when running DX11? If not then use DX11 for those games.

-CB
  • TheSaltyCaveman
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    well....the option for DX12 seems to have disappeared on its own and the game is running ok, BUT i obviously have no option for RTX anymore -_-
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    My game has also started crashing to desktop with no error after 5 - 20 minutes. Using DX12. Using DX11 I cant get above 60 fps on ultra.
    After spending months to try and play this game with out crashes, then every update makes you start over from scratch, not worth the time and money, they should pay us all to play this alpha release.

I give up on the developers of this game, I am going to play Warframe now, it just works... has more content, its fun, coop works and it is real coop. Matching works.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 19
    I'm getting a CTD almost as soon as I go in to a game, sound loops then stutters and bombs to the desktop. Not sure what has happened since the update today as it's been stable. DX11, GTX 1060, i4690k, 16GB DDR, Win 10 1809. Currently can't play a game.

Doing a repair in Origin

Edit - OK Origin is updating BFV - 1.50GB download. Seems fine now - not sure why it didn't update.
  • HangaDang
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game is crashing constantly as well since the last update
  • CaptainHardware
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The last patch definitely has stability problems, I play with a group and several people are now crashing every couple of rounds, while my own experience has gone from what I would call rare for the past several patches to once every couple hours of play. I'm also getting more instances of random screen lockups and stuttering that don't result in a crash.

Some of this might be linked to the latest Nivida drivers though, which came out the same day as the patch. My CPU and GPU temperatures are down about 2 degrees on average while the frame rate is the same, so it seems like maybe DICE + Nivida implemented some optimizations that aren't bug free.
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wareframe is FREE and works everytime. You should try it out. Best part is you dont scream in anger for the game crashing or hackers! PvE is the future with all the hackers in the world and crappy developers at DICE and EA who have yet figured out how to make an online game that is fun to play.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1006 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you guys by chance somehow overheating your video cards?
  • theKaizar
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does it crash when running DX11? If not then use DX11 for those games.

-CB

this game is DEAD!!!!!
  • FookDat
    edited February 23
    Are you guys by chance somehow overheating your video cards?

Just got done playing warframe for 18 hours... in eyefinity mode max graphics. Not 1 single crash or issue while playing.

Battlefield crashes a couple times an hour. no matter what settings I change or what graphics drivers or dx11 or dx12. full screen or borderless.

Not one other game has this issue. must be my pc right lol.

I have dual AIO coolers, 1 for my CPU and 1 for my GPU. Kraken G12 with H75 cooler GPU under load max temp is 45c. Not overheating.
    Post edited by FookDat on
  • sharkyMON_51
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I too am having the issue of the game freezing up (no particular point in game. Could be while I'm in the menus) and then crashing to the desktop. I have fiddled and diddled with graphics settings, removing AMD Adrenaline drivers, using DDU, uninstall game/re-install game. Repair game. Nothing seems to work. Mostly these crashes appear in Windows 10 Pro (x64) as "Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.69.53546, time stamp: 0x5c5e06a1
    Faulting module name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.69.53546, time stamp: 0x5c5e06a1" with additional fault information. This seems to me to be a Windows/BFV.exe issue. My version of Windows got a recent update as well as my AMD graphics drivers to the latest version. My specs: AMD Ryzen 1700 X, 32gig DDR4 RAM, 700watt PSU, Corsair liquid cooling on CPU, AMD Radeon Vega 56 (soon to be upgraded to Vega 64). I'm running at 2160P 60FPS UHD. The recent upgrade patch was for content only. Nothing seems to be happening regarding fixing this issue.
  • sharkyMON_51
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, I am not overheating my GPU. I have been playing the BF franchise for quite some time. This is how it has been and, apparently always will be. BF1 exhibited the same behaviour when it was released. Over time, the problems diminished. Towards the release of BFV, I was playing BF1 at ultra graphics settings with no problems other than than the usual online game latency issues. Having lots of experience with Windows as well, this doesn't seem like a hardware related issue. The error codes I provided make me suspect a memory violation with the game executable. As I and others have stated, it doesn't matter what we do as far as adjusting graphics settings, replacing drivers, repairing the game, uninstalling the game...it would really seem that EA/Dice need to resolve this problem on their end. And then put out a patch to fix it.
  • PopelGott
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game has also started crashing to desktop with no error after 5 - 20 minutes. Using DX12. Using DX11 I cant get above 60 fps on ultra.
    Exactly the SAME here. DX11 isn´t Fun and DX12 crashing also not. DICE PLEASE ! !
  • Alaenya_Baraelor
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My game also CTD ,after like 1 or 2 rounds, first the picture freeze then it pops out to Desktop, no warning, runnning DX11, and have a gtx1060 6GB, and no overheating on GPU (65 deegree C) or CPU (52 deegree C)
  • B0STY
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same issue as described. Started 2 days ago.
  • PopelGott
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I put Origin,Oringin Webhelper ? and BFV exe in the Exception list from Firewall and AntiVirus (both WIN10 elements)
    Played just now and *CRASH* to Desktop after 1 Round of Hamada then playing this fjel724 ??

Sine the "Crashing-Time" I just played Hamada and this fjue?? (and a Number ... in the Mountains at the TOP .... Snow) Maps.
    Didnt saw (see) other maps since then ?? ??

The Crash is like : just in the Round ... in the Fight .... Picture STOPS .... sound still running 2-3 seconds ...
    ... then go quick on and off ... repeat this 1-2 seconds and .... the DESKTOP LOVES SEEING YOU AGAIN ! :hushed:
    Didnt change nothing ... just UPDATE and NVIDIA Update ??? DICE PLEASE :)