Inactive players

LeesSummit09
316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Dice needs to figure out how to kick players that never enter the game. I know there is like a 3 minute kick, but, for whatever reason, there are players that mess with controller to stay in server, but never come into the game. If there K/D and points stay at 0 for 3 minutes, even it they are messing with controls, they should be kicked. On big maps, sometimes you can withstand the deficiency, but playing small maps, such as frontlines, 2 or 3 guys never spawning in kills your team. And it is not just for a few minutes, its the majority of or the whole game. I mean seriously, if getting a snack or whatever, just quit and join another game later.

Comments

• LeesSummit09
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No, as I stated, they never enter the game. They have no kills, no deaths and no points and the x is beside their name the whole game. If they are in and doing something, I can't complain how they chose to play, but these people never come into the game.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11076 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    That can also be explained by users caught in an infinite loading loop ( as has been reported several times so far following patches )

Some of these players may not even be aware that it's happening too.
  • parkingbrake
    2203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That can also be explained by users caught in an infinite loading loop ( as has been reported several times so far following patches )

Some of these players may not even be aware that it's happening too.

If they're not in the game and haven't spawned the reason is irrelevant, they should be kicked after say five minutes so that team isn't short-handed all round which is a problem in the modes with fewer players. I've been on teams with several permanent AFK players and that team usually gets rolled in the smaller modes, it simply isn't fair.
  • FritzCT
    286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm seeing a lot more inactive players that are there the whole round lately (as in 0/0 at the round end).

TBH I was wondering whether this ghost player thing has moved to PC
  • M_Rat13
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't it be as simple as forcing you to select a spawn? If you are on the spawn screen too long, you get kicked, simple.
  • LeesSummit09
    edited February 20
    Think there is an issue. Didn't do this as a test, just by accident. Game ended, was going to play next, but went for snack. Got a phone call, so while talking switched over to TV(that's what I play on), thinking if I don't get back in it will kick me. Talked for around 15 minutes(shows on phone), did not mess with controls during that time, go back to game screen and I am still in the game(still on a team, never spawned in). So don't know if switching to TV had something to do with it, but I am finding in all games, people not spawning in. Possibly they think the game will automatically kick them and for some reason it does not.
  • lllIIIEIIIlll
    18 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They could be waiting for a vehicle to spawn. Given the EXTREMELY low vehicle count on all maps, and the RIDICULOUSLY slow vehicle spawn timer, a lot of people are waiting their turn.
  • ackers75
    1807 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Here we go again!
    You do realise there’s a lot more to battlefield than kd!
    I would give my left arm for a recon to continually spot enemy players AND HELP THE TEAM!.

I don’t blame you but I blame dice for making conquest one big tdm game.
  • LeesSummit09
    Sorry, not talking K/D or waiting for vehicles, this is every type of mode, that people NEVER spawn in. As I stated in my situation earlier this evening, I should have been kicked b/c I never spawned in and was away from game for at least 15 minutes. It wouldn't bother me, but playing the 16 players maps, 2 to 3 guys never spawning in kills the team and this happens quite a lot.
  • PuckersMcColon
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I get what you mean. You aren't talking about guys that sit back and spot, because those guys are indeed getting points. If this option is implemented, it should come with an on screen timer for those that are getting setup for the round. Frankly, I wouldn't mind them fixing the issue where you get kicked out of the customization screen because the state of the game changed, from idle, to countdown, to start of round. The whole process at the beginning of the match could be much better. Also, would be nice if you could skip ahead into the next map to give you more time to mess with your crap.
  • Sixclicks
    5015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    Could be ghost accounts sitting there watching the map so a player on the other team can see it on another account on a different console/PC. It's a way of cheating.

Or it could be any of the other reasons mentioned above of course.

Search their stats on BF tracker. Do they have almost no kills or score despite a long play time? Do they have KDRs, KPMs, and SPMs that are so low that it's unbelievable? Those could be indicators of a ghost account.
  • FragbaitDax
    64 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could be other reasons they are idle:
    1. Hate that map and are waiting out the rotation because the server is otherwise well balanced.
    2. Finally found a balanced server and don't want to lose their spot but are otherwise occupied - on the phone, having dinner, using the toilet.
    3. They're just being a ****.
  • Jesus4000
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice needs to figure out how to kick players that never enter the game. I know there is like a 3 minute kick, but, for whatever reason, there are players that mess with controller to stay in server, but never come into the game. If there K/D and points stay at 0 for 3 minutes, even it they are messing with controls, they should be kicked. On big maps, sometimes you can withstand the deficiency, but playing small maps, such as frontlines, 2 or 3 guys never spawning in kills your team. And it is not just for a few minutes, its the majority of or the whole game. I mean seriously, if getting a snack or whatever, just quit and join another game later.
    I think there are less inactive/afk players than what it looks like.
    Just from the experience of the last ToW event, I can tell you that a lot of players look like they're afk, but they're just waiting in the deployment menu waiting for a tank/plane.
    If they'd add timers into the deployment menu for the vehicle respawns, this would probably solve itself.
    Currently there is no way to find out when which vehicle will be usable and people just sit in the deployment menu, waiting for one to come up.
  • ChiefSniper
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    I agree. They should be kicked for not spawning in at the start of a round, regardless if it's a loading loop or not. One time recently on TDM there were 4 inactive players on our team... they never spawned in at all... meanwhile I had 2 community members waiting in a queue to join the server the entire round. The team ultimately lost because it had become so unbalanced as a result. I don't see it being such a major issue on 32v32 CQ or the likes, but on the smaller 16v16 game modes, it's a crapload more critical.
  • Radious1987
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2019 and BF5 has no auto idle kick, no team balance, no team scramble, no team switch.

Features which are in games for 20 years now.

Way to go for AAA mp shooter....
  • disposalist
    8279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    They should be kicked very quickly. It only takes a minute of being short a couple of players to really screw up balance.

That and they could well be cheating.
    Post edited by disposalist on
  • STAR_6_G
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No, as I stated, they never enter the game. They have no kills, no deaths and no points and the x is beside their name the whole game. If they are in and doing something, I can't complain how they chose to play, but these people never come into the game.
    Maybe changing control option, taking a poo , fell asleep cause it got bored, drunk playing, sad playing, just waiting, a girlfriend came over, **** his pants,and more. I feel that they should stay for me to free knife them. Consider it a soldier lost his mind . Just give a little bit more time before kicking.

• disposalist
    8279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STAR_6_G wrote: »
    Maybe changing control option, taking a poo , fell asleep cause it got bored, drunk playing, sad playing, just waiting, a girlfriend came over, **** his pants,and more. I feel that they should stay for me to free knife them. Consider it a soldier lost his mind . Just give a little bit more time before kicking.
    You can't knife them if they never spawn, which is what the OP is talking about. They need to be kicked.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2019 and BF5 has no auto idle kick, no team balance, no team scramble, no team switch.

Features which are in games for 20 years now.

Way to go for AAA mp shooter....

Beggars belief really doesn't it?

In a Conquest Devastation game last night, 32 vs 13 then the chat exploded and the 13 ended up as 4. Everyone left as an act of solidarity.