Trying To Play Combined Arms Solo

craigerswuzhere
103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 19
I realize that Combined Arms is a Co-Op mode, but it says you can play solo. I applaud your effort of trying and adding something new to the game. At first glance it appears to have a Ghost Recon Wildlands or FarCry feel to it, but once you get into it playing Solo, they are different because there is not as much stealth. I find myself guns blazing, even on easy mode, every match.

In GRWL and FC, you could usually spot enemies from afar. These enemies would walk certain patterns, you could get used to the route they walk and use stealth to try and take them out from behind, leaving other enemies unaware. In CA, enemies seem to be grouped up more with less walking making it difficult to use stealth. I can't last long without getting spotted in some way, forcing the guns blazing method.

So here are some suggestions to help with the gameplay, unless the sole reason behind it is to just go guns blazing.

-Higher elevations to try and spot more enemies on some maps.
-Binoculars
-Lures
-More walking routes by enemies.
-More silencers available.
-Ability to build more ammo crates to resupply explosive rounds when facing multiple tanks/armored vehicles.

Post edited by craigerswuzhere on

Comments

• Kongo030
    564 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I play sniper with spotting scope and replace my sidearm with a captured MP40. I retreat and kill enemies from afar. The only problem is that once there's a major alert and the map is open all enemies will eventually approach you. So you clear the map without moving. Most challenging is the last stand in the extraction area.
    CA is not really made for single player.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have beat them all on easy playing Solo except for the Hamada map on top. Has anyone beat that one and got any tips? There is just no cover at all in the extraction zone and I'm getting shot from everywhere including the planes. And I have yet to beat any on medium. I already know that playing on Hard mode is basically Impossible mode when Solo.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've only played the first one on Arras, the take out 3 leaders one. I have no idea how you're supposed to do it without it turning into a giant firefight immediately.

I mean, I approached the first guy killed him and suddenly there were like 30 enemies running at me who all knew exactly where I was.

I wish it was a little more realistic, like if you start firing your weapon at the enemy, they'll duck down, blindfire, maybe try to peak and find you, use suppressing fire and try to pull back to a better cover or flank. But it seems like all they'll do is duck down behind the nearest thing, peak out and fire at you, knowing exactly where you are, and/or bum rush you. No strategy.
  • DingoKillr
    3361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Arras works with a Sniper off the rock take out the guys at range and move about. The 2nd colonel is a bit tougher as there a Flamer and rocket artillery but the supply dynamite can be easily reached. The extraction I have switch to Panzerfaust, Dyanmite and pickuped 2 high rate primaries usually the F42 from the 1st stage.

Hamada hot purist is a tough extraction I think you need to keep moving, I have got 1 plane but I am going to try a different AA first to see if I can get both. Yer it seem to need a bit more cover. I suspect it might have something to do with the cars. I shoot the Stuka down on the way to the extraction with the car but that damn plane wreckage seems to crash straight down and bounce straight towards the car stopping me even reaching the point.

Bridgehead and Harbour I have done on Medium Solo. Gadget swapping and pickup 2nd primary is a must.
    Bridgehead Support because I used AT mines, I took out the infantry swapping to the Panzerfaust to take out the tank, resupplied then took out the half track then ran back to and swapped back to AT mines. In the extraction I mined the first tank entry point with the crate I hid either on the roof or next to the health. After 1st tanks is destroyed I start dropping mines around the health station when getting the chance before the 2nd tank arrives. You could do with less swapping with AT grenade launcher.

Harbour I take out infantry first if I don't have AT ranged weapon then I kill the 1st colonel swap to Panzerfaust take out the tank and swap back take out the other two colonels, swapping to a 2nd Panerfaust on the way back to the bridge to take out the tank below. In Extraction is just restock ammo and hide inside the nearest building using both primaries. Try not to use health pouch until you really needed it.
  • Dr_X2345
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it should be easier to resupply health, at least in Solo, because if you're not playing Medic it's nearly impossible just because you get pinged a few times, heal up and then some guy in the corner who you didn't see starts shooting you, cancelling the heal and wasting the health kit.
    And yeah, the AI isn't very interesting to play against - obviously they can't replicate player movement with AI, but st least give them some sort of tactical system rather than 'gets shot, ducks behind cover and instantly knows where you are' which is what it currently is.
    Also I think the number of enemies should scale down based on how many players there are - currently on Normal, once the alarm is sounded and reinforcements come in, you've got no chance if you're playing Solo, you just get completely overwhelmed.
  • Kongo030
    Same here. Can do all but Hamada on easy, some on medium and none in hard. The mission is doable but defending extraction point is impossible. Haven't tried as medic yet. Problem is when hiding in a house they still know where you are and call in artillery which destroys the house.
  • fragnstein
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're out of combat long enough, you heal to 100

I completed the bottom arras on medium by hiding under the bridge. The ai was confused and only a few came to find me, just waited out the timer.
  • Kongo030
    Problem is during extraction there's no time to auto heal usually. Haven't tried the bridge thanks. Was hiding in the building and once was lucky nothing big hit that part of the building. I figured bringing my MG42 with large belt is best to mow them down and either a FG42 or MP40 as secondary. AT mines to destroy the tanks. However the self healing medic magic would be handy.