No community support, no platoons, no RSP, no decent co-op mode but we get BR!

HonorguyXNL
570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Okay, I do not want to go on a completely salty rant here but I do have lost faith in the BF Franchise. I still play BFV but it is tough for me to keep my focus on the game. Just now I even discovered that of all games out there, Fortnite has implemented the M1 Garand into their game. Yeah, yeah I get it Tides of War, progression throughout the war blah blah blah. But even compared to the start of WW2 we are kinda missing out on may key vehicles and yet we get a Tiger 1 from 1944 and other stuff that didn't exist till the end of the war.

But let's not talk abou that right now.

I want to talk about the fact that EA/DICE are just laughing at their own community, actively are destroying it and trying to replace it with a new generation that only wants BR. Because that seems to be the core focus of BFV. Depending on how much focus Firestorm gets and how properly it works on launch and the amount of features that it will have on launch we will know how important this mode was in the eyes of EA and DICE. The better its launch, the more important it was. Take a look at Apex for example.

Battlefield is a franchise that has been around for over 15 years now, it has seen some iterations that were disliked by many but loved by few nonetheless and that is fine. Making mistakes is human but as a business it can be catastrophic. BFV appears, despite the good it holds, to be one of those mistakes. EA and DICE, you actively destroyed the only consistent thing you had that worked out every time. Proper multiplayer and the community surrounding it. The one thing, the one thing that makes Battlefield is no longer the core. No more all out warfare, no more chaotic vehicle/infantry battles (yeah it's in-game, but does it still play out like in the older titles?). Vehicles are more than often fighting each other and the infantry is just rambling around. There is no combined arms (hehe) anymore. As a result, your community is gone.

Your community is also gone because you thought it was wise to destroy something else that has been around since the very first Battlefield (1942). Community servers on PC (and they should be on console too). You don't want it, you want matchmaking and quickmatching with your friends. Well, you won't make friends as a newbie because it is matchmaking! You know where you do make friends? Community servers, because you keep seeing the same people and after a while you end up chatting and adding each other. Soon you are in a Discord or TeamSpeak and there you are, clan or community buddies. All because of community servers and that is now gone. You went from a few million players that played toghether to millions of lone-wolfs in a game that has become 'so focussed' on teamplay. The more you aimed on PTFO, the less PTFO it became. The more you forced it, the more you lost it.

And that's not it, where are the platoons? Gone. What about that awesome co-op mode? It was a joke, that is what it was. Simple missions with rehashed MP objectives with some AI around it. It doesn't take a genius to see that co-op was some lazy work that may have only seen 1 person developing it for a week and then publishing it. It was lazy, it is boring and it is a waste of time and resources.

But then there's BR soon. Something that EA clearly thought that it needed way more attention and has to be the selling point of BFV. Well, the average BF player doesn't give a **** about BR. Nobody wants it, it doesn't belong in the BF series! Just like Hardline wasn't worthy to be called a BF. Hardline should've been a standalone game and it probably would've succeeded! But it didn't because it was called Battlefield.

Your franchise is dying, sales are backing this up for this iteration. The next iteration of BF may be the very last one if it fails again. Nobody wants this. Please, just please, look at your playerbase, listen to them and take their advice. YOU NAILED IT with BF1 marketing but failed on the community side by doing half-work. Now you failed on both.

Comments

• kondorasGR
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BR will be the final nail in the coffin of BF V sadly....hope for some new people added in Dev team for better games in the future...
  • HonorguyXNL
    570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To make matters worse. It appears Striterax is once again involved with the RSP or whatever is going on project. He screwed us last time, we won't accept it again.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1741 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To make matters worse. It appears Striterax is once again involved with the RSP or whatever is going on project. He screwed us last time, we won't accept it again.

Explain this situation to me pls.. I dont know anything about these guys..
  • Jezzzeh
    595 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is the main issue for me at the moment also. If not RSP then preferably a return to 3rd party server rental which is even more unlikely to ever happen.

I think EA have walked themselves into a completely self slapping argument with the introduction of RSP in BF1. I totally get why they wanted it but it was poorly implemented and admin tools were even basic ones were omitted! Stupid!

Now there's also the argument they wanted a pure BF experience, I can get that and I probably support it mostly. But why omit and restrict basic functions from the admin toolset that wouldn't interfere with the pure experience of BF! More Stupid!

So now they have the pure BF experience but no option for server rental nor likely to because well it seems the bottom line (ie Dollar) isn't going to make it worth their while. They have also seemingly hamstrung any option of 3rd party servers also in the midst of all this while they figure out how to make RSP profitable. More Stupid!

Solution. Release RSP and charge reasonable prices for it along with the admin tools that BF1 lacked. Other than that just let go of the reins and allow 3rd party rental somehow.
  • MsieurLeodagan
    318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree!
  • TFBisquit
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Too little, too late. I now even doubt if microtransactions ever come live for this game.
  • HonorguyXNL

Explain this situation to me pls.. I dont know anything about these guys..

Basically, Striterax was the lead person on RSP in BF1 and what happened is that we got lied to over and over all in the name of "better player experience" and that RSP would be the BEST THING EVER! But it wasn't and never will be. RSP in BF1 has already been ditched somewhere in 2017 when they stopped updating it.

Before all of this we had 3rd party server hosting which was expensive for us but worth it as we could customize servers just the way we liked it and it was popular amongst the dedicated BF player. Now, we can not do anything. BF is known for its community surrounding the franchise but it is that very community that is now close to being eradicated because of EA itself. People are leaving, communities are dying. Heck, even FridayNightBattlefield that was started by EA no longer has support or the tools it needs.

Everything that made BF great is gone. They finally nailed the gameplay again but removed everything else to make the gameplay good. The netcode and gunplay or on point but now everything else has been removed or ignored.

As mentioned before, think of it as going to McDonalds. Doesn't even matter if you go to the US one or one in the Netherlands. They're all exactly the same and that is what EA/DICE have been trying to achieve in BF with success, success as in it is always the same. But the fun of BF is that it is never exactly the same. Different communities with different servers and rulesets provided a variety of player experiences, but this is not what EA/DICE intended. They want that everyone has the exact same experience on all modes, on all servers, on all locations. Result? Boring game.
  • EXILE157
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    Okay, I do not want to go on a completely salty rant here but I do have lost faith in the BF Franchise. I still play BFV but it is tough for me to keep my focus on the game. Just now I even discovered that of all games out there, Fortnite has implemented the M1 Garand into their game. Yeah, yeah I get it Tides of War, progression throughout the war blah blah blah. But even compared to the start of WW2 we are kinda missing out on may key vehicles and yet we get a Tiger 1 from 1944 and other stuff that didn't exist till the end of the war.

But let's not talk abou that right now.

I want to talk about the fact that EA/DICE are just laughing at their own community, actively are destroying it and trying to replace it with a new generation that only wants BR. Because that seems to be the core focus of BFV. Depending on how much focus Firestorm gets and how properly it works on launch and the amount of features that it will have on launch we will know how important this mode was in the eyes of EA and DICE. The better its launch, the more important it was. Take a look at Apex for example.

Battlefield is a franchise that has been around for over 15 years now, it has seen some iterations that were disliked by many but loved by few nonetheless and that is fine. Making mistakes is human but as a business it can be catastrophic. BFV appears, despite the good it holds, to be one of those mistakes. EA and DICE, you actively destroyed the only consistent thing you had that worked out every time. Proper multiplayer and the community surrounding it. The one thing, the one thing that makes Battlefield is no longer the core. No more all out warfare, no more chaotic vehicle/infantry battles (yeah it's in-game, but does it still play out like in the older titles?). Vehicles are more than often fighting each other and the infantry is just rambling around. There is no combined arms (hehe) anymore. As a result, your community is gone.

Your community is also gone because you thought it was wise to destroy something else that has been around since the very first Battlefield (1942). Community servers on PC (and they should be on console too). You don't want it, you want matchmaking and quickmatching with your friends. Well, you won't make friends as a newbie because it is matchmaking! You know where you do make friends? Community servers, because you keep seeing the same people and after a while you end up chatting and adding each other. Soon you are in a Discord or TeamSpeak and there you are, clan or community buddies. All because of community servers and that is now gone. You went from a few million players that played toghether to millions of lone-wolfs in a game that has become 'so focussed' on teamplay. The more you aimed on PTFO, the less PTFO it became. The more you forced it, the more you lost it.

And that's not it, where are the platoons? Gone. What about that awesome co-op mode? It was a joke, that is what it was. Simple missions with rehashed MP objectives with some AI around it. It doesn't take a genius to see that co-op was some lazy work that may have only seen 1 person developing it for a week and then publishing it. It was lazy, it is boring and it is a waste of time and resources.

But then there's BR soon. Something that EA clearly thought that it needed way more attention and has to be the selling point of BFV. Well, the average BF player doesn't give a **** about BR. Nobody wants it, it doesn't belong in the BF series! Just like Hardline wasn't worthy to be called a BF. Hardline should've been a standalone game and it probably would've succeeded! But it didn't because it was called Battlefield.

Your franchise is dying, sales are backing this up for this iteration. The next iteration of BF may be the very last one if it fails again. Nobody wants this. Please, just please, look at your playerbase, listen to them and take their advice. YOU NAILED IT with BF1 marketing but failed on the community side by doing half-work. Now you failed on both.

I can add much more to this on how EA/DICE have been slowly destroying BF, I've even been banned a few times in the past on the old Battlelog and new Battlefield forum for ranting out the truth! EA/DICE are blind by GREED! their major focus is targeting the Console Community, because that's where they see $$$$$$ within the Kids, Friends and Family a easy plug and play entertainment! and then having a combined contract with Microsoft XBox as said on TV Commercials "BF plays best on XBox"

EA/DICE are listening to the console community and not the PC community. > BF is slowly heading towards Battle Royale Cross Platform Gaming < ever since COD kept outselling EA/DICE things hasn't been the same, Now they trying to be compete against Fortnite and every other similar teenybopper game!

Since 2011 - 2019 it keeps getting worse by the year! EA/DICE are climbing a steep and slippery hill.

2019 EA/DICE definitely hurting hard in sells and I hope that continues! until EA/DICE wakes up!

Just go back to BF3 or BF4 and see how much better the game play is compared to these (New BF Games) - BF4 could still be the best FPS game out now for PC, if only EA/DICE would have focus on caring for it, Adding more Maps, Skins, Vehicle and Weapons and tweaking the game a little bit more tighter. Even if they just threw in all the BF3 Maps, Weapons and Vehicles, We would be on BF4 right now instead of moving forward towards Brokenfield 1 or the new Brokenfield V.
    Post edited by EXILE157 on
  • DigitalHype
    606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA executives see the financial success of their sports game franchies like FIFA and Madden, and desparately try to fit all the properties they acquire into that model. This is where they re-use 90% of the content every year, spend very little money to update player rosters, update the engine, etc. With every single iteration of BF, since EA acquired DICE they've been slowing trying to move it toward this concept.
  • CrashCA
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No player stats except in Origin
    No player count anywhere I can find
  • dude_No_Touching
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had to comment here just to say well written @HonorguyXNL, I and my small group of online friends (only about 20 or so) have been enjoying BF series since BF2. It was iffy with BF1 until the inadequate RSP was available but at least it allowed for a HC server and the ability to remove obnoxious players.

Like a fanboy I pre-ordered this half-baked BF V and tried to make a go of it, but for every reason you listed our group that used to have 15-20 active BF players in discord, has over the past month dwindled to 3 or 4 nightly tops. Everyone has gone off to play different games. It may be game over since it's not possible to go back to the older games and bring our friends back together. It's sad, but for EA it's all about the money.

Their (EA's) standard line of 'we want to give the players a good BF experience' really means they want you to enjoy playing their games but only if it adds to their bottom line. I get it, but they don't. When you switch the model from one where the goal is to make the player base happy and profits may follow (BF1942 and [email protected]) to the one they have now, 'how can we profit while giving the player base just enough to get them to spend their money' well...there it is. I highly doubt there will ever be another blockbuster BF game, and if there is it will for sure not come from DICE/EA but some small studio.

Anyway, just my opinion, maybe I am wrong, or just don't understand the idea of what is fun in gaming anymore.
  • CrashCA
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree on going back, BF4 seems to be resurging.
  • CrazyJoes
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree as well, out of all my online friends I'm the only fool that got BF1 and BF5, everyone else is still playing BF4 and having a blast! I just reinstall BF4 to get that team work and fun of the game back! Hackingfield5 has taken all the fun out of BF
  • HonorguyXNL
    Our latest update from that community im part of :(

• ATF_lateDENT
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC gaming is the appendix of the Gaming Industry. The major studios are only focused on consoles and profits. It has been a long time since AAA FPS games were developed primarily for the PC, and I doubt it's ever coming back.

Maybe some smaller studio will decide there is enough of a market to go after PC gamers and give us the things that we appreciate, but I'm sure the big ones won't.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC gaming is the appendix of the Gaming Industry. The major studios are only focused on consoles and profits. It has been a long time since AAA FPS games were developed primarily for the PC, and I doubt it's ever coming back.

Maybe some smaller studio will decide there is enough of a market to go after PC gamers and give us the things that we appreciate, but I'm sure the big ones won't.

I remember being frustrated with the interface in GTA:SA...That it felt like a port from a console to a PC...
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

We need someone like you to do a survey of a lot of the gaming groups/clans/platoons, to see how many people are happy or unhappy with this situation, and what they might do, as groups.