Sniper/Headshot

g0merpile
495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Why does it take 2 bullets to the head to destroy your target. I was 7 feet away the target did not know I was there. I shot the target in the temple just below the german helmet. It took 2 shots.

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which weapon were you using? The bolt actions should always be a one hit kill to the head. The semi-automatic rifles (SLRs) always take two hits to the head to kill unless the target is already injured.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/craigerswuzhere/video/69197019

My 2 shots didn't even kill him. I have slowed this down and looked at it multiple times. I clearly hear and remember getting 3 shots off, I missed the first one, second one hit him in the neck and third one in the forehead. Still no kill from 3 feet away.
  • Jamesonoid
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    g0merpile wrote: »
    Why does it take 2 bullets to the head to destroy your target. I was 7 feet away the target did not know I was there. I shot the target in the temple just below the german helmet. It took 2 shots.

What weapon were you using? None of the SLR's are one hit headshot kills.
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/craigerswuzhere/video/69197019

My 2 shots didn't even kill him. I have slowed this down and looked at it multiple times. I clearly hear and remember getting 3 shots off, I missed the first one, second one hit him in the neck and third one in the forehead. Still no kill from 3 feet away.

Even though you got the visual/audio of the third shot, I don't think it actually "fired". I've experienced it when you shoot, get the visual/audio(I also saw that your round counter went down to 2), but if you die too soon after it seemingly disappears. This is possible done to reduce trade kills(just my assumption at the moment). So it wasn't two head shots doing 88 damage, it was just the one, the other disappeared.

Edit to add; Took another look at it slowed down, you hit with the second shot, get a hit marker, you fire the third, get no hit marker. Here it is;
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 20
    Even though you got the visual/audio of the third shot, I don't think it actually "fired". I've experienced it when you shoot, get the visual/audio(I also saw that your round counter went down to 2), but if you die too soon after it seemingly disappears. This is possible done to reduce trade kills(just my assumption at the moment). So it wasn't two head shots doing 88 damage, it was just the one, the other disappeared.

^ This is most likely what happened.

It looked like your second shot hit, but the game decided you died first and thus it didn't actually hit.

It's really annoying when that happens.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like a model 8?
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, you guys are good! Thanks for the the full diagnostic break down. Sounds like you are all right, I believe Model 8 too yes. It makes the game very frustrating. At regular speed it looks like I easily capped him in the face twice at close range, while he is still arm in the air throwing the grenade before even getting his first shot off. And it's really sad that it has to be slowed down and analyzed so much just to "try" and justify this being okay.
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use Gewer 95... one shot headshots on Prone MG players is sweet sweet music my friends.

No prone target is safe while my scope scans the battlefield... muuuuahhahahaha
  • g0merpile
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Which weapon were you using? The bolt actions should always be a one hit kill to the head. The semi-automatic rifles (SLRs) always take two hits to the head to kill unless the target is already injured.

I was using the selbstlader 1906 auto loading. Headshot should be instant kill. Unless we hit the helmet. This is not a miss or missfire, I saw the ammo hit the target 7 feet away maybe closer. Its not the first time for me however this is the first time so close where I could see what was happening. Only thing I can see is EA wanted to make the target object have a chacge to fight back.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use Gewer 95... one shot headshots on Prone MG players is sweet sweet music my friends.

I actually prefer quickscoping with the m95, using the 3x. It's surprisingly good at it. It's weird though that the Lee-Enfield, which should be better at this tactic, just can't seem to hit targets. It just seems to always miss in comparison to the m95 lol.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, the Model 8 is pretty trash. If you have good aim it's much more effective at medium-long range, because it takes 2-3 shots to kill pretty much regardless of where you hit, and you're not totally exposed to Assaults with ARs in CQC. The downside is that Assaults with SARs can dominate Recon SLRs at those ranges. And of course if you go the Bolt-Action route it's not much better unless you go for headshots.

I like the Model 8, but it's definitely not a good weapon. In fact, Recon in BFV is pretty trash overall.
  • Sixclicks
    edited February 21

I was using the selbstlader 1906 auto loading. Headshot should be instant kill. Unless we hit the helmet. This is not a miss or missfire, I saw the ammo hit the target 7 feet away maybe closer. Its not the first time for me however this is the first time so close where I could see what was happening. Only thing I can see is EA wanted to make the target object have a chacge to fight back.

The Selbstlader 1906 isn't a one hit kill headshot weapon. It will only do around 92 damage at close range or as low as 88 damage at long range to the head. Only the bolt actions are one hit kill headshots.

Cannot one hit kill headshot:
    - AL8
    - RSC
    - ZH-29
    - Selbstlader 1906

Can one hit kill headshot:
    - Lee-Enfield
    - G95
    - Krag
    - Kar 98

The exception would be if the enemy was already injured. Then the SLRs could one hit kill headshot.

SLRs cannot one hit headshot for balance reasons. There would be no reason to use the bolt actions if you could instead use a semi-auto and also get one hit kill headshots.
  • g0merpile
    edited February 21

The Selbstlader 1906 isn't a one hit kill headshot weapon. It will only do around 92 damage at close range or as low as 88 damage at long range to the head. Only the bolt actions are one hit kill headshots.

- AL8
    - RSC
    - ZH-29
    - Selbstlader 1906

- Lee-Enfield
    - G95
    - Krag
    - Kar 98

The exception would be if the enemy was already injured. Then the SLRs could one hit kill headshot.

SLRs cannot one hit headshot for balance reasons. There would be no reason to use the bolt actions if you could instead use a semi-auto and also get one hit kill headshots.

This seems to be unrealistic, If I were to hit my target in the head they would not be able to destroy any target after that head shot, specially 7 feet away. . I've sniped in real life and never has the target moved after a head shot, no matter what rife was used. I have shot almost everything that moved. Shot a red wing black bird with a long shot 22 on a very windy day, it was sitting on top of a tree. Over 100 yards away. The bullet went in its mouth and blew the back of its head off. The brains totally were blow'en right out. So tell me differently, if in real life the target was hit in the head it will survive to fight. Never have I seen a headshot target move in the battles I were in.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with this, but only at a distance. All Recon weapons should be OHK to the head within, say, 10-15m. Not only would this promote Marksmanship with SLRs, but would also give accurate players some kind of fighting chance when PTFOing, because even a miss doesn't mean instant death if you can still follow it up with 4 more shots immediately. I mean, if a secondary can have OHK headshots at close range, why can't primaries DESIGNED for marksmanship not do it?

I mean, right now Assault SARs outperform Recon SLRs in every range except extremely long ones. Recons have 5 bullets to land 2-3 shots on target with slow rates of fire, slow reloads, and scope sway. Where an Assault with the G43 also has to land 2-3 shots, but out of 10, has a faster ROF, a faster reload, and no scope sway on their 3x's.

And while we're at it, Bolt-Action rifles need their old base damage back. 60 damage doesn't cut it. Other than going for only headshots in CQC there's no way to PTFO with this weapon type. You shoot a dude in the chest, 60, then you either have to chamber another round and fire it, or switch to a pistol and land 2-3 more shots on target. Meanwhile every single other weapon type has already killed you 3 times over. But of course DICE won't do that, because they have to balance around attrition and expecting everyone to be low on health, and increasing the base damage of BAs would make them OHK with body shots more often, so instead we have to live with a weak, under performing class, just like the Medic.
  • Sixclicks

- AL8
    - RSC
    - ZH-29
    - Selbstlader 1906

- Lee-Enfield
    - G95
    - Krag
    - Kar 98

This seems to be unrealistic, If I were to hit my target in the head they would not be able to destroy any target after that head shot, specially 7 feet away. . I've sniped in real life and never has the target moved after a head shot, no matter what rife was used. I have shot almost everything that moved. Shot a red wing black bird with a long shot 22 on a very windy day, it was sitting on top of a tree. Over 100 yards away. The bullet went in its mouth and blew the back of its head off. The brains totally were blow'en right out. So tell me differently, if in real life the target was hit in the head it will survive to fight. Never have I seen a headshot target move in the battles I were in.

The game isn't a mil sim game. Realism is kind of irrelevant. Balance is what matters. If SLRs could one hit kill headshot, then there would be literally no reason to use a bolt action.

The game is full of unrealistic things like that. Such as: bringing people back to life with a syringe no matter how they died, LMGs shooting the same or similar ammo as the sniper rifles but not killing in two hits to the chest, using bandages to heal bullet wounds, the way scope glint works in this game, etc.
  • g0merpile

- AL8
    - RSC
    - ZH-29
    - Selbstlader 1906

- Lee-Enfield
    - G95
    - Krag
    - Kar 98

The game isn't a mil sim game. Realism is kind of irrelevant. Balance is what matters. If SLRs could one hit kill headshot, then there would be literally no reason to use a bolt action.

The game is full of unrealistic things like that. Such as: bringing people back to life with a syringe no matter how they died, LMGs shooting the same or similar ammo as the sniper rifles but not killing in two hits to the chest, using bandages to heal bullet wounds, the way scope glint works in this game, etc.

True.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

I actually prefer quickscoping with the m95, using the 3x. It's surprisingly good at it. It's weird though that the Lee-Enfield, which should be better at this tactic, just can't seem to hit targets. It just seems to always miss in comparison to the m95 lol.

That might be due to the insanely low muzzle velocity of the Lee Enfield.
  • Sixclicks
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

That might be due to the insanely low muzzle velocity of the Lee Enfield.

Yep, it's only got a velocity of 500 m/s. That's only 5 m/s faster than some of the SMGs.