DISCUSSION: Battlefield V’s Next Grand Operation is The Battle Of Hannut

Comments

• TeRRaN1VA
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    like the fast new modes..

bud...

- BUG: Tanks can drive backwards before the game even starts and drive over another whole team and get killes..., like WTF!?
    - Balance still a issue... (people leave as shown on the map before CAMPING!!!!!!!!!!!).
    - Remove BUILDING a Fortress from assignments overall, people are so focus on building walls to all the way up to china that they forghet to play objective or defend one.... like the all have tunnel vision, its easy for the other teams to arm objectives..while they are building walls next to the objective that they need to defend!!!!.
  • FragbaitDax
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have played a lot of Hannut this weekend and seen some really great teamwork and innovative tactics. Also finally got to play the last Sudden Death round at the end of Arras which was very intense. I can see that style of gameplay in it's own round being both popular and very frustrating. No more suicide runs, much more teamwork as people stay together as teams checking every corner, every building.

Overall, a really good experience!
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The battles in GO need to feel more interconnected and relevant to eachother. For the most part, GO just feels like 2 practice/drafting matches before a final third match(the only one that seems to truly matter).

There's just nothing more frustrating than winning the first 2 rounds, just to lose the third and the entire operation along with it.

I like GO, but i just think it could be so much better with some well placed changes and reworks.
  • liveAiming
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is the worst Tides of war event since the launch, its pure crap for the attackers, pretty much impossible to win and a free grind for the defenders.
  • pebjesus
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 solved equals 6 new bugs.

Why dice, why dice, why dice.

U should care about gameplay not content half a year past launch.

Dats 2 bad.

Pat
  • sloopyfish
    53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    Nice new take on an existing map, not a new map or a good map but a good take on it. Still bored with this game. No new maps 4 months in and is there going to be any epic skins for guns or just the 1 gold because the skins are very lack luster. Assignments are complete garbage making you play a certian way. This game will forever be in beta stage. Ridiculous amount of bugs from launch and when 1 gets fixed 10 more come along. Still cant vault up steps to a train and get stuck on rocks the size of your foot then get killed for it, like for real dice catch a grip.

Maps?
    Factions?
    Cool skins? (Bf1)
    Assignment fix? (Progressive)
    Focus on multiplayer?

With awesome games coming out in march you guys are screwed because you suck at making this game in any way intresting. Bf1 is still better than this.

And making us play to unlock tanks lmao.

• Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The retreat window needs to be extended on the second phase as it is way to far to fall back to the second objective from the first, even more annoying when you are in a tank and get killed about 10 metres from the base
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sloopyfish wrote: »
    Nice new take on an existing map, not a new map or a good map but a good take on it. Still bored with this game. No new maps 4 months in and is there going to be any epic skins for guns or just the 1 gold because the skins are very lack luster. Assignments are complete garbage making you play a certian way. This game will forever be in beta stage. Ridiculous amount of bugs from launch and when 1 gets fixed 10 more come along. Still cant vault up steps to a train and get stuck on rocks the size of your foot then get killed for it, like for real dice catch a grip.

Maps?
    Factions?
    Cool skins? (Bf1)
    Focus on multiplayer?

With awesome games coming out in march you guys are screwed because you suck at making this game in any way intresting. Bf1 is still better than this.

To be fair Panzerstorm was added a few months after launch so they did add one map.
  • Kongo030
    566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The game needs the American fraction along with a couple of new maps soon.

This GO isn't bad but also reveals some weaknesses. Team shouldn't be able to destroy supply depots. People troll all the tankers by destroying it over again leaving them without ammo.
  • pest174
    767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not typically a rush player, but why does it have ticket bleed and a short timer? I'm noticing matches ending while the attackers have 60+ tickets way too often.
  • Dolchen
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JUJAMAKILL wrote: »
    I would be excited if it wasn't for the fact that it is too little and too late. Grand Ops is my fave game mode, but over the last 3 weeks i haven't been able to find a GO server with more than 1 or 2 people in it on PS4 Oceania servers.

Depressing to see that PS4 Oceania server list has gone from roughly 46-48 available servers during prime time across all game modes at release, down to 23 or so servers now. Some of those are basically empty lobbies. And during the day there is lucky to be 10 available.

I hope there will be the pacific theater in the not to distant future, with Wake Island of course. I guess we will have russia first but after that. Hopefully that will bring more ppl back, if BFV "live" that long for this plan to come true, and I hope it will. Wouldn´t be a ww2 game witout russia and pacific.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played a fair share of Operation HA! Nuts! this weekend and must say I enjoyed it...

Day1 The fight over the C+D objectives in the small forest on day1 can be really intense. There is lots of possibilities to either flank or hide out (*cough* CAMP) with your MG42 and shred the attackers apart when they advance...

Day 2: The attackers needs to learn about smoke... If the defenders are able to fight off the initial attack its way too easy to push the attackers back and absolutely spawntrap them off the bat.
    So this is actually a call-out to the players: Just 3 smokegrenades are sometimes all it takes to encourage the rest of the team to push on to the obj...

Day3: Rush on Arras... I still think the difference between Rush (arming Mcoms) and Breakthrough (capping flagareas) is that big. I have tried both winning & loosing as both attackers and defenders. The balance seems ok to me.
  • Kongo030
    566 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Day 4 kicks in more often than on the other maps. Though. You destroy one objective and time runs out happened 4 times to me. Also on this map I feel it's a bit more tactical to play last stand. Though I'm not convinced the Crocodile appearing makes much sense. Is it a reinforcement called in or how does it get there?
  • JDarkfire32P
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    very poor balancing between attackers on defenders on this operation, first day seems pretty okey once you get close to the trenches/barn when attacker team flanks right, first day is fine, its the 2nd and 3rd days that need some balancing. 2nd day has attackers start on top of a hill with 7 or so tanks which is great for tank on tank sniping, but offers little to no hard cover for the infantry or flanking vehicles to get to the point, as well as very little cover for german tanks to retreat into cover, as allied tank shells seemingly bend around the hills top, which turns this game into an all around tank sniping slaughter and prevents the attackers from even touching the first point. The 3rd day has a problem where there just isnt enough hard cover between attacker spawn and first point as well as great tree/bush cover for hiding defenders, the only real hard cover that helps link spawn to the points is the rock formation on the left, and road on the right which are always well defended by a sniping tank from spawn. In all honesty, dice needs to relook and rebalance these maps again, perhaps the take away of a few tanks and maybe an addition of a plane might help, but as far as I see it, the operation is crap at the time of posting and leaves an awfull taste in my mouth anytime I have to attack, and judging by the sudden departure of more than half my team at the end, im not the only one thinking this
  • SugarDNick30
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly hate this title. BF5 is such a let down. Sad part about it is (at least for me) I defended this game in the beginning and was willing to give it a chance. Every time I play it, i hate it more and more. It's a garbage title in my opinion. Plus side is, I learned a lesson to never pre-order a game again. Still love previous titles but BF5 is just terrible.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly hate this title. BF5 is such a let down. Sad part about it is (at least for me) I defended this game in the beginning and was willing to give it a chance. Every time I play it, i hate it more and more. It's a garbage title in my opinion. Plus side is, I learned a lesson to never pre-order a game again. Still love previous titles but BF5 is just terrible.

Why is it?
    Best BF by a country mile for me.
  • sloopyfish
    You said it mate last preorder. Last order until its a proven good game. I defended for a long time but not for a while now. Dice you deserve every bit of hate you are getting at the moment. Idiots
  • sloopyfish
    edited February 26

Why is it?
    Best BF by a country mile for me.

How the hell is it the best yet lmao?
  • sloopyfish
    Digger_CB wrote: »

Maps?
    Factions?
    Cool skins? (Bf1)
    Focus on multiplayer?

To be fair Panzerstorm was added a few months after launch so they did add one map.

For real did you see that as a good map, they just made flags far apart and threw a few buildings into it then had to go over it again twice and add stuff to make it so so. It is an **** map so i dont count it at all plus it is a focus on tanks. More infantry maps. Make battlefield great again because it sucks ****
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Digger_CB wrote: »

Maps?
    Factions?
    Cool skins? (Bf1)
    Focus on multiplayer?

For real did you see that as a good map, they just made flags far apart and threw a few buildings into it then had to go over it again twice and add stuff to make it so so. It is an **** map so i dont count it at all plus it is a focus on tanks. More infantry maps. Make battlefield great again because it sucks ****

I doubt that more infantry maps would make "battlefield great again". Huge vehicle/ combined arms maps like Caspian border or silk road are what make battlefield great imo.