remove high ping compensation

5bulletsSLR
71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
playing in EU server, get 20 ping and constantly get killed in 1 frame by these 150+ ping players, thx to your stupid high ping compensation DICE

Comments

• N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With low ping lag compensation is pretty bad indeed. I'm running from 9 to 11 ms on EU servers and it may happen netcode combined with lag compensation just f**k everything up.

But telling "constantly"... no, I meet a 80+ ping player once every 4 games, 150+, saw it 3 time in 7 day playtime.
    Overexagerating won't help.

Lag compensation have to be tweaked but either your unable to see what is reallity, either you're the most unluckiest man on earth being "constantly" killed by players with 150+ ping.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes please. Trying to artificially put everyone on a even playing field when it comes to game networking doesn't work. All you do is punish the average customer.
  • 5bulletsSLR
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    N2h2 wrote: »
    With low ping lag compensation is pretty bad indeed. I'm running from 9 to 11 ms on EU servers and it may happen netcode combined with lag compensation just f**k everything up.

But telling "constantly"... no, I meet a 80+ ping player once every 4 games, 150+, saw it 3 time in 7 day playtime.
    Overexagerating won't help.

Lag compensation have to be tweaked but either your unable to see what is reallity, either you're the most unluckiest man on earth being "constantly" killed by players with 150+ ping.

i have heavy problems when dealing with 150+ ping ppl, bullet has no dmg reg most of the time and they can i shot (1 frame) me. BTW I have no problem with ppl lower 150 ping.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    9ms to UK servers and 19 to Germany, getting shot round corners and behind cover constantly. The lag compensation is way off and having a low ping isn't helping my cause.
  • Hawxxeye
    6596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If that ever happens there need to be more servers closer to people.
    Here in Greece I cannot get a ping that is lower than 50-70 since the closest servers are all the way to Germany.
    Stingy EA...
  • barnesalmighty2
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    If that ever happens there need to be more servers closer to people.
    Here in Greece I cannot get a ping that is lower than 50-70 since the closest servers are all the way to Germany.
    Stingy EA...

Agreed a better server infrastructure would go a long way in fixing both this game and future battlefields.
  • NLBartmaN
    3985 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was having some fun rounds on the new Grand Ops, all was good, hitreg good, etc...

And then 2 players with ping over 200 and some other high pingers with ping above 80 joined... I left the server after some crazy hitreg and enemy location issues ..

Add PING LIMITS, REMOVE the current lag compensation and use better servers!
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Was having some fun rounds on the new Grand Ops, all was good, hitreg good, etc...

And then 2 players with ping over 200 and some other high pingers with ping above 80 joined... I left the server after some crazy hitreg and enemy location issues ..

So it does bring down the entire server then? I had my suspicions that high pings can make a server worse (as games where I really struggle to get kills because I die so quickly have numerous high pingers).

I fully agree on ping limits. Perhaps if you go over 100 you get kicked.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just this morning I played on West US server again (I was having some issues with ISP) and my ping was a bit higher than usual 170+ but I still managed to come on top of the board. I mean seriously a ping of 170+ that is pathetic why should someone like me suffer with ping of <12ms on EU servers when some Middle Eastern or others join in ? Get it together dice for crying out loud !
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This was a huge problem for me in BF1 but fortunately I don't feel effected by it in this game (at least that I noticed) and I certainly see plenty of high ping people. I actually found it MORE fair in BF1 being on a western server instead of my own eastern server, where at list my ping matched others which I found ridiculous. Strictly playing on NA server in BFV though, sounds like the EU servers need some work. Either way, I sure know how it feels and that sucks. :-(
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best solution i can offer to this is play out of region as well,battlefield 1 still has this problem if you are from the Eu and play on north American servers the hit detection is way better and getting shot being cover rarely happens,my advice test out other region servers to the one you normally play from the server browser you might find a that the complete opposite region to the one you are based closest to give you much better connection.I hate playing out of region but why should you suffer just because you are not provided with good servers.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I tried playing East Coast USA (I'm in the UK) and the 70ms ping made the whole game feel sluggish so I went back to UK and German server being shot round corners / cover
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My hit detection has always been a lot worse when I've got a high ping. Playing on EU servers has always been a disadvantage compared to playing within my region on US East servers. I'm usually around 20ms latency on US East servers and 100ms latency on EU servers.
  • diagoro
    1578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

So it does bring down the entire server then? I had my suspicions that high pings can make a server worse (as games where I really struggle to get kills because I die so quickly have numerous high pingers).

I fully agree on ping limits. Perhaps if you go over 100 you get kicked.

Even one high latency player can screw up a server. Had one guy last night at 600+. Chatted with him and found he was on wifi.......there you go.
  • TFBisquit
    1839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Best rounds are on those with equal ping. I played them all and while with a 60 ping it’s more consistent, it also lags now and then. Going higher makes you skip frames now and then.
    But in this game 2 150ms pingers create strange server behaviour indeed. This shouldn’t happen.
    As for no lag compensation, it’s a myth that you do better with low ping then. It’s even more inconsistent when off.
    Rsp servers mitigate it all. You find some that are good to you, and keep playing there.
    L
  • disposalist
    8727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "We have to think about all our players". Yeah, great. Make it equally bad for everyone.

How about limit ping on some servers and have unlimited for those who want to play with their friends on the other side of the world.

As I type that, I realise how ridiculous it sounds. No one chooses to play with a bad ping even to be with their friends. It's a terrible experience.

Yeah, I'll come to the bar with you, but we all have to drink dishwater, yeah? It'll still be great, because we are together!
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Only a subset".. You mean the majority of your core playerbase?.

If you really cared about players not having a "negative experience", If that was your top priority.. ,
    Then BFV wouldn't been released in this broken state now would it?, LOL Just stop!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited February 2019

Thanks for the info, I guess we're stuck because DICE are trying to improve the experience for a small amount of players / friends that play with each other across continents. This make no sense. The issue now is that the server infrastructure isn't good enough, I know some players can't get a low enough ping to their nearest server so ping capping won't work either. Catch 22
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    edited February 2019
    "But my question to you was if you realize that this affects the experience negatively for the rest of us?"

So glad someone asked this so directly... this Gabe Oytoucher is great indeed. I'd add him as a friend but I'd be playing OOR :)