Weekly Debrief

Is it me or do planes, specifically Tankhunter attack planes, just lose control sometimes?

disposalist
8616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
I can't work it out when, but lots and lots of times you perform a loop or turn and it just simply doesn't loop or turn anywhere near as tightly as normal. No damage. No flak. Just failure.

I also think there is a brief loss of control sometimes when your bombs or cannon kills, whether or not you are near the 'concussion' of the explosion.

Am I imagining this?

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually have a loss of control of feels like the plane dips down when I shoot the cannon. It’s very very brief but I’m usually low to the ground and end up crashing
  • disposalist
    8616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    I usually have a loss of control of feels like the plane dips down when I shoot the cannon. It’s very very brief but I’m usually low to the ground and end up crashing
    Do you notice it when just firing or only when hitting (damaging) something?

I was paying special attention today and I really think I'm not imagining it. Some real odd behaviour around when you deliver damage and some odd times when doing even long loops/turns just happen nothing like as tight as normal.

I'm really enjoying flying and I'd really like to work out what is going on and whether it's something I'm doing or something that can be predicted and avoided.
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've experienced the sudden dip when attacking ground targets. Makes no sense.
  • disposalist
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    At least I'm not going mad! It's definitely there isn't it. Weird bug.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    At least I'm not going mad! It's definitely there isn't it. Weird bug.

Just when firing the cannon close to the ground. I normally don’t take that variant of attack plane.
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Planes control like toys in this game. Its odd, especially coming from sims like il-2 sturmovik or hell, even warthunder on 'realistic'.
  • disposalist
    edited February 22
    I love the way they fly! Just wanted to verify this little bug.

BF1 is the first BF that I've really enjoyed the planes.

Like BF1 in general, fun to play, easy to approach, but hard to master.

I wouldn't want them to be like a flightsim any more than I'd like infantry to be like a milsim.
  • dead_gretzel
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 22
    I love the way they fly! Just wanted to verify this little bug.

BF1 is the first BF that I've really enjoyed the planes.

Like BF1 in general, fun to play, easy to approach, but hard to master.

I wouldn't want them to be like a flightsim any more than I'd like infantry to be like a milsim.

That's fine. I prefer more realistic over arcadey but don't have that option since this is battlefield and was never meant to be realistic anyway, heh. I'm just used to milsims like arma before starting this up. I find I steer clear of piloting the planes because of that but I still enjoy using the rear/secondary seats to kill enemy aircraft though. That's a lot of fun.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have heard several times people complaining about this.. Ive never had it myself tho..
  • MarxistDictator
    4916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No this is definitely a thing in the tank hunter plane, noticed it back in the beta but it seems exaggerated now. The cannon pushes back against the plane whenever you fire it and when you drop bombs the plane does a dip. If you're in a steep dive its not as jarring.
  • TheGM86
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Call it the whoosh. dropping bombs make it lower a solid 5 feet or so. usually enough for you to slam into something.

• disposalist
    edited February 23
    Nothing more annoying than judging it perfectly, pulling off a fantastic bombing move and slamming into the ground anyway!

I'm just having to get used to always compensating just in case it happens.

It's not the end of the world, but I'm glad it's not just me that's noticed - thanks for the replies folks!

(Still a shed load better than BF5 flying!)
  • SlugSniper
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm starting to notice it when both firing the cannon and dropping bombs. It's especially annoying since the Tank Hunter attack plane is the best counter to boats. I'll successfully obliterate a boat yet suddenly plop into the water.