Whats this balance though?

2»

Comments

• FishingAddict24
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Betovilu wrote: »
    Reinterate here in terms of balance. This game literally gives you every tool to succeed. If you're failing its because of the squads. You get 4 choices. If one's not working move on to the next. Communication is the biggest issue. You all have headsets but fail to talk to each other. Thats a big factor in why you lose. If you want that thing you're going for go for it. I'll say it's a hell of a lot easier with this game than previous. They practically hand it to you. I watchted them patch an event because too may people complained. Squad, communicate, win. Simple as that.

So true a squad of four communicating can turn the tide even if the rest of the team is garbage. You get 4 people communicating and a few joining the domination and you'll win more often than not.
  • diagoro
    1559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    I think the whole switch sides dynamic missing is really hurting this. Not just that you can't opt to switch sides, but I notice the lobby never moves me to another side in effort to balance the game. Nevermind for skill level, but even just for sheer numbers, one team could be 5-6 players short handed and it won't move people from the other side.

I've definitely had some close ones recently, a 4-0 win in Conquest the other day comes to mind. Overall the match making does seem to mostly just fill the lobby with bodies, with little attention to skill or evening numbers on each side.

I had a conquest match yesterday that started 18-29, no suprise when they had all flags within a few minutes. Also no idea how this still happens. Kinda like Dice is ignoring the issue for now.

It feels like more lopsided games after a new TOW comes out, maybe too many going for missions over base gameplay.
  • Mishkin37
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Betovilu wrote: »
    Reinterate here in terms of balance. This game literally gives you every tool to succeed. If you're failing its because of the squads. You get 4 choices. If one's not working move on to the next. Communication is the biggest issue. You all have headsets but fail to talk to each other. Thats a big factor in why you lose. If you want that thing you're going for go for it. I'll say it's a hell of a lot easier with this game than previous. They practically hand it to you. I watchted them patch an event because too may people complained. Squad, communicate, win. Simple as that.

Battlefield has always done a great job with Rock, Paper, Scissors gameplay. I think back to BF3, specifically:

Infantry < Tank < Attack Chopper < Infantry w/ Stinger < Tank...and so it goes...

• Mishkin37
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sabersun wrote: »
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    You have to use cover and think about your moves in this version of Battlefield. Especially if you're in a tank. Just running down the road or in a open field is asking to be killed. Even knowing when and when not to shoot your gun can help you survive. Sometimes if I see a guy running I don't fire until I make sure he's alone. It's not really worth it to kill one guy only so his buddies can kill you and revive him after.

I have such a tough time NOT shooting at anything moving. The only time I show restraint is when I see someone 100s of yards away, and I'm holding the Thompson. Maybe that's why my KDR is...

Well first one has to unlock that darn weapon.

Here's my guide for leveling up Medic:

Step 1 - Equip smoke grenade
    Step 2 - Throw smoke grenade
    Step 3 - Revive anything with a pulse
    Step 4 - Die when you realize your aim sucks, and you put the smoke grenade through a 3rd story window

Haha. It is more a problem with time. Most of my grenades make it to the place they belong.
    I like the Medic class as my KD is not that great but this way I can help the team.

I don’t know about my Medic KD, but it has my highest SPM.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You have to use cover and think about your moves in this version of Battlefield. Especially if you're in a tank. Just running down the road or in a open field is asking to be killed. Even knowing when and when not to shoot your gun can help you survive. Sometimes if I see a guy running I don't fire until I make sure he's alone. It's not really worth it to kill one guy only so his buddies can kill you and revive him after.

I have such a tough time NOT shooting at anything moving. The only time I show restraint is when I see someone 100s of yards away, and I'm holding the Thompson. Maybe that's why my KDR is...

Step 4 - Die when you realize your aim sucks, and you put the smoke grenade through a 3rd story window

Haha. It is more a problem with time. Most of my grenades make it to the place they belong.
    I like the Medic class as my KD is not that great but this way I can help the team.

For me, the smoke is a blessing because one thing Aflag excels at in BF games is throwing grenades in such a way that it is going to bounce back and blow me up 8/10 times. At least smoke just blocks my vision when the throw goes awry!
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    … because one thing Aflag excels at in BF games is throwing grenades in such a way that it is going to bounce back and blow me up 8/10 times. At least smoke just blocks my vision when the throw goes awry!
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one that does these things. This is comforting. ;)

• ElliotLH
    8668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

For me, the smoke is a blessing because one thing Aflag excels at in BF games is throwing grenades in such a way that it is going to bounce back and blow me up 8/10 times. At least smoke just blocks my vision when the throw goes awry!

You tried the support sticky grenade yet? I swear that thing teleports back to me haha
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You tried the support sticky grenade yet? I swear that thing teleports back to me haha[/quote]

I'm scared to use it because I'm sure I'd just end up sticking it to myself somehow!

• ashleyandnicole
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still the same, nothing has changed, still all one sided, I’m out, BF V is dead, this should of been dealt with months ago, the game is now one player shorter.
  • ElliotLH
    8668 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You tried the support sticky grenade yet? I swear that thing teleports back to me haha

I'm scared to use it because I'm sure I'd just end up sticking it to myself somehow!

[/quote]

Pretty much my experience 😂