Weekly Debrief

who thought it would be a good idea to instant go into reload animation on a stationary gun?

MonicasCigar
112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
How about letting me see where my shot went?

You know, so I can adjust it if necessary?

but no..
animations are GOD.

Comments

• rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep the button/key you used depressed, that's how it works. It's still hard to see rounds though.
  • M_Rat13
    1074 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually how real artillery gunners did it. Then again, they had someone to give them co-ordinates for them to aim at....
  • Noodlesocks
    2898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hold the fire button in to delay the reload like when using sniper rifles.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

but no..
    animations are GOD.

Here we ago again, someone who can't be bothered to read the eleventeen other threads on the subject. When did complain first, research second become the norm?
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've tried that, and it doesn't work.
  • MonicasCigar
    edited February 22

but no..
    animations are GOD.

Here we ago again, someone who can't be bothered to read the eleventeen other threads on the subject. When did complain first, research second become the norm?

that's nice.
    but i've tried what's supposed to work and it doesn't for me.
    so f!@#[email protected] the !@#[email protected] off.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

but no..
    animations are GOD.

that's nice.
    but i've tried what's supposed to work and it doesn't for me.
    so f!@#[email protected] the !@#[email protected] off.

So it works for everyone else, it only fails to work for you, just you. Amazing.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    It's actually how real artillery gunners did it. Then again, they had someone to give them co-ordinates for them to aim at....

but in direct fire mode you would most certainly adjust lead left/right shots fired based off where the round lands. Its purely visual hipfire in this mode, indirect fire requires the quadrant and deflections. i was a redleg
  • Noodlesocks
    2898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've tried that, and it doesn't work.

Are you aiming through the sights? Probably won't work if you're not using the sight.
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 22
    Those guns are weird as heck anyway. Any information about how far they shoot or how precise they are? I just see fancy glitter somewhere near where I aimed at. No idea if the shell actually hit or just exploded 10m after leaving the barrel. Sometimes I can shoot and shoot and shoot and I don't hit ANYTHING, sometimes I just aim in the general direction of an enemy and get a kill.

Also, they don't seem to be able to take down trees or... basically anything. Oh... and the screen turning back while reloading is awesome, too.
    Just another [edited:half-finished] gamemechanic....
  • Psychloan
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the random destruction from these guns is strange. About 1 out of 20 trees will drop, maybe.
  • parkingbrake
    Those guns are weird as heck anyway. Any information about how far they shoot or how precise they are? I just see fancy glitter somewhere near where I aimed at. No idea if the shell actually hit or just exploded 10m after leaving the barrel. Sometimes I can shoot and shoot and shoot and I don't hit ANYTHING, sometimes I just aim in the general direction of an enemy and get a kill.

Also, they don't seem to be able to take down trees or... basically anything. Oh... and the screen turning back while reloading is awesome, too.
    Just another [edited:half-finished] gamemechanic....

There are several of those guns where I often make out like a bandit with a string of kills until some sniper finally figures it out and gets me when I stand up to load (apparently DICE's way of keeping those kill streaks relatively short).

I've found that the gun tends to hold its point of aim between shots if you don't mess with it, and if you hold left-click to track the shot you can adjust quite effectively.
  • Sk3latorr1
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was the 1st or 2nd update when they changed it.
    Apparently it was too OP or something. Rof being too fast. Ppl were using them to kill infantry not counter tanks which is what dice wants.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk3latorr1 wrote: »
    Apparently it was too OP or something. Rof being too fast. Ppl were using them to kill infantry not counter tanks which is what dice wants.

why use them to counter tanks when 70% of any match is assaults running at nades, piats, and rifle grenades.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

but no..
    animations are GOD.

You are on to something. I hate the way it works right now. So dumb.
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 23
    There are several of those guns where I often make out like a bandit with a string of kills until some sniper finally figures it out and gets me when I stand up to load (apparently DICE's way of keeping those kill streaks relatively short).

I've found that the gun tends to hold its point of aim between shots if you don't mess with it, and if you hold left-click to track the shot you can adjust quite effectively.
    I get those streaks, too. Feels kinda dirty. But then I don't manage to hit ANYTHING. And I doubt that it's only because it's so hard to see where you shoot. The cannon at C pointing at A on the CoD winter city map with that bridge thingy is a good example. A could shoot at A or the bridge all day - won't hit anything.
    Sk3latorr1 wrote: »
    It's rather hard to counter tanks when those guns are placed in rather questionable spots. The only ones that can be effectively used against tanks are the one on the big desert map. But since that map is riddled with snipers, you can only hope to fire one or two shots before getting killed.

edit: This forum software... annoying!
  • dcs500
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Keep the button/key you used depressed, that's how it works. It's still hard to see rounds though.

Good tip, that gun is actually semi usable now. If they would only let us turn the bloody things without hooking it up to a vehicle...