Weekly Debrief

ttk is back to stupidly quick now

MonicasCigar
112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
GJ DICE!

kinda like unplayable now.

Comments

• MrCamp121
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yep ive just done 2 rounds and the ttd is horrendous again. i dont get it. i give up
  • thamac15
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can handle quick TTD anytime, it’s the Wanted bullets that seem to curve around a corner for ten feet that I can’t wrap my mind around.
  • I_Am_Skipples
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's inaccurate. The time-to-kill with infantry primaries and secondaries is incredibly high when compared to similar games and even past Battlefield titles. It's almost never a good idea to try shooting two people if you have an explosive available due to the insane amount of bullets people are able to take. It feels horrible.

That said, the time-to-die, as perceived by the victim is incredibly low. All weapons feel like they hit you with all their damage in one server tick and it's just not satisfying to play. Gunfights feel like year-one BF4 and that's not good. It's why explosives are so overused in the game. They're not ridiculously powerful on their own, but combined with horribly performing primary weapons it gets horrible.
  • CSO7777
    1301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 21
    I think a big part of the TTD-problem is that the game often has a lot of lag. It's not just the bullets that come too fast, people can sometimes move right in front of you, without you even seeing them. Peeking out of cover and shooting you without you even seeing it on screen. Killing someone takes a considerable time no matter what, but it feels instant.

The same happens when you shoot at someone who is not looking at you, and then they just kill you faster than you can blink. They were actually shooting at you first, but on your screen it doesn't look like it, and you think you shot first (and feels cheated).

Funny thing Apex, with lower tick-rate doesn't feel worse than BFV (actually feels better most of the time), perhaps the high TTK in Apex "masks" the problem, but still something is not right with BFV's "netcode" in general.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    I think a big part of the TTD-problem is that the game often has a lot of lag. It's not just the bullets that come too fast, people can sometimes move right in front of you, without you even seeing them. Peeking out of cover and shooting you without you even seeing it on screen. Killing someone takes a considerable time no matter what, but it feels instant.

The same happens when you shoot at someone who is not looking at you, and then they just kill you faster than you can blink. They were actually shooting at you first, but on your screen it doesn't look like it, and you think you shot first (and feels cheated).

Funny thing Apex, with lower tick-rate doesn't feel worse than BFV (actually feels better most of the time), perhaps the high TTK in Apex "masks" the problem, but still something is not right with BFV's "netcode" in general.

Respawn games have always had superb hit detection.
    Tbh I don't get a lot of problems in Battlefield games, only the quick TTD on occasions.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1451 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Again with this. NERF THE TTK DICE. Jesus, it's obvious the ttk is causing the issues, and killing this game. NERF IT.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK is only fast with Assault and Supoort. Medic and Recon TTKs are fairly abysmal. And it just so happens that 90% of players use Assault and Support. I wonder why?

TTD, apart from any actual issues it has, also can appear quicker, because you're more likely to be running around injured due to attrition. IMO, a fast TTK and the attrition system don't mix, but I've only been playing shooters for nearly 25 years, so what do I know?
  • TEXls1
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The if you cry enough they’ll change it approach. hope they leave it alone, game feels fine to me.
  • MrCamp121
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a full Conquest match on Narvik, and didn't notice any difference one way or the other. Nothing has changed as far as I could tell.

It was fine for me the entire time. Until today. Jesus christ i couldnt even move without being dropped instantly. I dont think ive ever personally had that experience in this game. I stopped after 2 rounds
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I just played a full Conquest match on Narvik, and didn't notice any difference one way or the other. Nothing has changed as far as I could tell.

It was fine for me the entire time. Until today. Jesus christ i couldnt even move without being dropped instantly. I dont think ive ever personally had that experience in this game. I stopped after 2 rounds

Just out of curiousity, were you on a team that was getting steam rolled? I notice that when I'm on a really bad team, I seem to die really fast too. Spawn, run 50 ft and get melted.
  • N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Just out of curiousity, were you on a team that was getting steam rolled? I notice that when I'm on a really bad team, I seem to die really fast too. Spawn, run 50 ft and get melted.

Noticed the same. When I'm on the team melting people, it's like I have time to take 2 or 3 bullets befor dying, At same time I have the feeling that my weapons are doing really high damage.
    Other time, looks like I'm shooting plastic BB's while i feel instantly killed by any weapons, even low firerate smg from distance or rifles that are usually not so powerful.

Worst one stay M1 carbine, this sometimeinstant kill me from distance my ennemy is barely 4 pixel on my screen.

I won't call cheat or anything like that. With low ping (usually 9ms / no packet loss on EU PC servers) I feel like netcode / lagcompensation is totally random. Sometime it feel perfect, other time it's like damage are delayed and provided all at same time. Worst is when you hit 5-6 time (with hit markers confirmation) an opponent that is right next to you, with powerfull rifles (gewer, Mas44...) and he have the time to turn back and instant kill you with auto weapon like if it was a single shot. having still 80% of his HP on kill cam...
  • bran1986
    5754 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    N2h2 wrote: »

Noticed the same. When I'm on the team melting people, it's like I have time to take 2 or 3 bullets befor dying, At same time I have the feeling that my weapons are doing really high damage.
    Other time, looks like I'm shooting plastic BB's while i feel instantly killed by any weapons, even low firerate smg from distance or rifles that are usually not so powerful.

Worst one stay M1 carbine, this sometimeinstant kill me from distance my ennemy is barely 4 pixel on my screen.

I won't call cheat or anything like that. With low ping (usually 9ms / no packet loss on EU PC servers) I feel like netcode / lagcompensation is totally random. Sometime it feel perfect, other time it's like damage are delayed and provided all at same time. Worst is when you hit 5-6 time (with hit markers confirmation) an opponent that is right next to you, with powerfull rifles (gewer, Mas44...) and he have the time to turn back and instant kill you with auto weapon like if it was a single shot. having still 80% of his HP on kill cam...

This has been my experience as well. I can get the drop on someone and start firing and get ohk by a slower firing weapon. The worst yet is bullets that fail to register all together.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I have deaths that I just don't understand. I'm not sure if I made a mistake, if the game is to blame, if it's the other persons internet. Just leaves me puzzled occasionally. This morning I was sitting with my MMG and a medic ran past me, I started shooting at him first (definitely connecting all my shots, it was only a few ft) but he somehow had time to turn around and kill me with an MP40 and I only registered an 80 on him. I just don't get it.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One factor that may come into the "curving" bullets is latency and connection to the server. I know DICE has been working on this, but sometimes on your screen you're around the corner, but on their screen they shot you before you got there. In the time it's taken the server to register that the bullet hit you and deal you the damage on your screen, you've already rounded the corner and so it appears to you as if they shot you through a building. This happens to me all the time and it is very frustrating.
    Another factor is completely random bullet penetration. Those wooden fortifications you can build, they're bulletproof, the green rail guard on the train bridge over Rotterdam is bulletproof, the bushes and hedges on Arras are bulletproof, empty wooden boxes are bulletproof; but 10 inch thick concrete walls, brick houses, and iron support beams are penetrable (I see the little penetration icon on the kill screen). I've yet to understand if this is intentional or a bug and all things are meant to be penetrable but it's not working.
    In my opinion time to kill is, if anything, still to high. I can't even count the amount times I do 90+ damage and don't get the kill when I started shooting first.
  • bran1986
    5754 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I have deaths that I just don't understand. I'm not sure if I made a mistake, if the game is to blame, if it's the other persons internet. Just leaves me puzzled occasionally. This morning I was sitting with my MMG and a medic ran past me, I started shooting at him first (definitely connecting all my shots, it was only a few ft) but he somehow had time to turn around and kill me with an MP40 and I only registered an 80 on him. I just don't get it.

Yeah same here. It feels like it is a coin flip most times. There are also days when it feels like hipfire doesn't work on my smgs, like I can hipfire at someone 10 feet away and nothing will register or I get 4 or 5 hit markers yet only do 25 damage.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ya'll realize that attrition's manual heal is also partly to blame for gettings tons of hitmarkers? If an enemy manages to hit the bandage button you'll have to do more damage, but you really don't get any clear indicator that this happened in the chaos of a firefight, so it seems like they're bullet sponges.

Attrition is garbage.
  • spartanx169x
    703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For those of you complaining, RECORD your deaths and then go back and look at them and or post them here. What you may think is an instant death will almost always be just the fast TTK. Watch your death videos and pay close attention to the health bar. If it goes down in increments, there is no issue. Its just the result of a 3 bullet TTK with all 3 bullets landing with no misses and or getting a bullet or two from more than one player. AGAIN Record your deaths.
  • Cropulus
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ya'll realize that attrition's manual heal is also partly to blame for gettings tons of hitmarkers? If an enemy manages to hit the bandage button you'll have to do more damage, but you really don't get any clear indicator that this happened in the chaos of a firefight, so it seems like they're bullet sponges.

Attrition is garbage.

Uh no? As soon as you get hit, you will stop healing. It might make some difference here and there, but it is not like you assume. To top it off, the other guy stops shooting for a short while, while he is seeing the medpack animation. Healing during active gunfights is stupid and should not affect the outcome of a gunfight.