DICE Fix the Reverse Exploit

Catsonspeeed
612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
There's a bug that allows you to get a head start at start of the round. Just drive your tank on reverse and you will be able to get behind enemy objectives while other players are still waiting for the start of the round counter to finish.

This happens at least on Panzerstorm Grand Operations. Please fix it before it becomes an issue.

Comments

• Giantcolabottle1
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yup a guy got hte light tank all the way to A on Arras by reversing and drove over some of the guys in the spawn.

It should never happen in the first place, like the fact the bipod STILL isn't fixed!
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Its hilarious to watch though
    If a tank did that to me I would be too busy laughing at the sight to be mad

They all do turn their heads while you drive past them lol.

But seriously, it needs to be fixed. You can have your whole squad spawn there, right behind the enemies.
  • Catsonspeeed
    First it was the bombers doing the spawn killing, now it's the tanks :smiley:

Sometimes I wonder if they do all this on purpose.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's a bug that allows you to get a head start at start of the round. Just drive your tank on reverse and you will be able to get behind enemy objectives while other players are still waiting for the start of the round counter to finish.

This happens at least on Panzerstorm Grand Operations. Please fix it before it becomes an issue.

Thanks for telling us we should all do this now spam the spawn to tank asap cant wait to try this out when i get home haha
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for telling us we should all do this now spam the spawn to tank asap cant wait to try this out when i get home haha

+1... Cheers for the heads up... How many cheap kills can I expect?
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saw someone decimate the spawn doing this on Arras in Rush. I will use it to gain ground but not to get kills.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep I do this every game in the new grand op. Then spawn kill all the supports with their hammers out spamming Fortifications at the start of the round.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only in Battlefield (5)

Yeah, someone needs to make this into an "Only IN Battlefield" Moment submission.
  • StealthAria
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It must rely on certain control setting, I've seen people turning around during the pre-round but I can only roll back in a straight line.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep I do this every game in the new grand op. Then spawn kill all the supports with their hammers out spamming Fortifications at the start of the round.

Exploiting a glitch is a violation of EA's terms of service, and you just described yourself doing so. Whether they'd do anything about it is another matter, but still....
  • N2h2
    26 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I reported that to devs first day of last patch. I already got an answer telling it's now known and be fixed.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Exploiting a glitch is a violation of EA's terms of service, and you just described yourself doing so. Whether they'd do anything about it is another matter, but still....

So was spawn bombing people. Everyone did it. I'm just using the tools dice gives me.
  • fragnstein
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I said this at the beginning of feb, but it went unnoticed

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/180007/armor-spawn#latest
  • barnesalmighty2
    I have reported it several times too as its been in the game since launch its just now you can be in a tank 30 seconds before the game starts and have plenty of time to get to an op position.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes, I find this very surprising. People complain about cheaters in the game, but then happily admit they’d be willing to exploit an unintended glitch. Talk about hypocrisy!
  • sabootheshaman
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Yes, I find this very surprising. People complain about cheaters in the game, but then happily admit they’d be willing to exploit an unintended glitch. Talk about hypocrisy!

Yeah I’m going to point out that pressing reverse in the tank and realising you can reverse and go backwards is not so much exploitation of a glitch as really the fact you can reverse is purely an oversight of the dev team and not a glitch. It’s a pretty massive oversight and damn poor that DICE let it through.

First time I saw it resulted in my death and many others. Next round at least half the tanks on my team did it. That being said they didn’t use it for cheese road kills. They just used it to get a faster rollout due to the knowledge the other team were doing similar.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Yeah I’m going to point out that pressing reverse in the tank and realising you can reverse and go backwards is not so much exploitation of a glitch as really the fact you can reverse is purely an oversight of the dev team and not a glitch. It’s a pretty massive oversight and damn poor that DICE let it through.

English is a second language to me, so you have to excuse me if I get this wrong, but isn’t an “oversight of the dev team” EXACTLY what a glitch is?
  • fragnstein
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

How are we to know if it's unintended ?