When can we have flamethrowers?

stringy82
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
It’s already in CA I’d like to see it soon

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully never
  • SOSISKA67
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Never. Please. Thank you.
  • TheDonUSA
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Reinforcement, why not?
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a reinforcement, I hope it gets added soon. I don't think it should work like the super-bulletproof-soldiers of BF1, but having the occasional flamethrower would be nice. It's already on a tank and in CA. Why not?

The only argument against it is "i don't like it."
  • M_Rat13
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Flamethrowers tend to fall into the same category as shotguns and BA sniper rifles. It doesn't matter if they are OP or not, people hate them, because people think they are no skill weapons. You just can't convince those types of whiners to add something they don't want, not even if it was extremely underpowered. They just don't understand logic and reasoning and ACTUAL WARFARE. I'm surprised they haven't started complaining about the bayonet specialization on some guns yet....
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Flamethrowers tend to fall into the same category as shotguns and BA sniper rifles. It doesn't matter if they are OP or not, people hate them, because people think they are no skill weapons. You just can't convince those types of whiners to add something they don't want, not even if it was extremely underpowered. They just don't understand logic and reasoning and ACTUAL WARFARE. I'm surprised they haven't started complaining about the bayonet specialization on some guns yet....

Give it time.

Everything in BF games that works as it should gets a hundred threads screaming for a nerf, until everything is neutered.
  • TheDonUSA
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Flamethrowers, are usually potraited with bottomless tanks with only the overheat gauge stopping it. In Call of Duty. In reality an US M2 flamethrower can spout about 7-8 seconds. Oh, Hold L2/LT to open valve which drips the fuel. R2/RT to light the fuel. Kinda like the classic M134 Minigun/Gatling operation in which the you hold L2/LT to rotate the barrels, R2 to shoot in video games
  • M_Rat13
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheDonUSA wrote: »

Flamethrowers, are usually potraited with bottomless tanks with only the overheat gauge stopping it. In Call of Duty. In reality an US M2 flamethrower can spout about 7-8 seconds. Oh, Hold L2/LT to open valve which drips the fuel. R2/RT to light the fuel. Kinda like the classic M134 Minigun/Gatling operation in which the you hold L2/LT to rotate the barrels, R2 to shoot in video games

Some very good points, but my point was, even balanced like you suggested, people would still hate it, becuase it's a flamethrower, which automatically makes it a no skill weapon. This is the type of people we are up against.
  • TheDonUSA
    TheDonUSA wrote: »

Some very good points, but my point was, even balanced like you suggested, people would still hate it, becuase it's a flamethrower, which automatically makes it a no skill weapon. This is the type of people we are up against.

I know...
  • zterrans
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'd need to severely nerf range and run with limited ammo to stand a chance of getting it in the game. I'd love to see it, especially if they work on the dynamics of the flame stream to something like Rising Storm or better, but it is an item that will be kind of controversial.