This Week in Battlefield V

German Voice Commands are Awesome so far...but one thing!

AFROSRB
317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited June 2016
What I've heard till now, I can say it sounds authentic and we'll acted, but I could discover one failure, when a German soldier says "Enemy Tank" in German grammatically correct it has to be:
"FEINDLICHER PANZER"/ Hostile or Enemy Tank
And NOT:
"FEIND PANZER", which is incorrectly translated, because the word "FEIND (Enemy)" is a noun, but Germans use an adjective form before a noun which is "FEINDLICH (Hostile)", so you can't say "Feind Panzer", because it literally means then "(an)Enemy, (a)Tank".

So when a German soldier says "I spotted a hostile Tank" it reads as follows:

"Ich habe einen FEINDLICHEN PANZER gesichtet"

Hier is how it sounds correctly like in BF3, it begins at min 1:20



And I'm sure that it will be possible to choose the option in audio settings for "Voiceover Languages" like in BF3 & BF4, because the games are multilingual anyway. If not DICE would make a big mistake.
Post edited by AFROSRB on

Comments

  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2016
    Reminds me of this...
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    Reminds me of this...

    lol :wink:

  • Hayro
    141 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I love how you germans correct every single grammar mistake :D
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    Hayro wrote: »
    I love how you germans correct every single grammar mistake :D

    Lol :wink: I hear you but...
    I'm not German, I'm born in Germany and I simply love languages and that they're correctly used, probably because I speak 4. And furthermore in some languages, like Arabic for instance, literally one point/dot can cost sb. life which happened in real life.

    Islamic scholars give this example to draw a lesson from this happening:

    There was once a man who claimed that it's sufficient for him to learn his religion only from books without asking for explanation and learning from Scholars. A wise man said to him that he's wrong and that he would go astray if he does so. But the first one didn't listen, so that he once read a narration of the last God's Messenger in which it says:

    Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that he heard the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say concerning the black seed: “In it there is healing for every disease, except as-saam.” Ibn Shihaab said: As-saam is death. 
    Al-Bukhaari (5688) and Muslim (2215)

    Black seed in Arabic means "Habbatu-s-Sauda' (حبة السوداء)", but in the book that he read it was written (حية السوداء), (just to keep in mind Arabic reads from right to left for those who don't know), so instead the word "Habba ( حبة)" with one dot under the letter (ب) there was the word "Hayya (حية) with two dots under the letter (ي), and so when you say Hayyatu-s-Sauda instead of Habbatu-s-Sauda, then it means "Black Snake". Hence the man took a Black Snake and prepared out of it his "medicine" that he consumed and died due to it

    So the lesson from it was, if he had learned the teachings of the Prophet (peace be upon him) not only from the books, but also from the scholars, he would have known that there somehow a second dot was falsely placed under the letter and he would know then that it's black seed and not black snake.

    A wonderful lesson :smile:
  • El-FaMa
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    German here. Currently studying my own language at the university to later become a teacher. Both "Feindpanzer" and "feindlicher Panzer" are correct. There are regional preferences but even military protocols of WW2 show the word "Feinpanzer" being used.

    The pronunciation of the voice actors is awsome btw.
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    El-FaMa wrote: »
    German here. Currently studying my own language at the university to later become a teacher. Both "Feindpanzer" and "feindlicher Panzer" are correct. There are regional preferences but even military protocols of WW2 show the word "Feinpanzer" being used.

    The pronunciation of the voice actors is awsome btw.

    Du meinst das ist eingedeutscht, wahrscheinlich aus dem Englischen (was schon im Deutschen Kaiserreich begann). Bin zwar kein Deutscher aber lege sehr großen Wert darauf dass Begriffe benutzt werden die üblich sind :smile: , haste schon mal Feindpanzer gehört? Ich nicht dass ich wüßte. Jeder normale sagt feindlicher Panzer. Erinnert mich an die ganzen Kanaken die so reden..., :D lol bin selber einer, du weißt was ich meine

    Many German words had been infiltrated by the English language (and the infiltration began way earlier than WW1, actually already in late 19th century during the German Empire), although in German there are many many compounds, even much more than in English, some words like "Feindpanzer" aren't being used by the vast majority of the Germans, or better said, no one talks like that. I didn't hear once in my life this word, everyone says "feindlicher Panzer", with no offense to anyone, myself I'm a stranger who's born and lives in Germany, but this sounds like the typical foreigners in Germany who don't pronounce the words correctly :smiley: lol, u know what I mean
    Post edited by AFROSRB on
  • 2ndsky2k10
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Feindpanzer is the correct military term for an enemy tank and is used on an everyday basis in the german military and its literature. The fact that you dont hear it used is because we are not in 1918. The game on the other hand is and therefor uses the correct GERMAN term of "Feindpanzer". Gramatically AND Terminologic correct. Nothing about it is influenced by the english language. And considering your following train of thought: "Du meinst das ist eingedeutscht, wahrscheinlich aus dem Englischen (was schon im Deutschen Kaiserreich begann)." : Tanks weren´t around befor World War 1. The term "Panzer" for tank was introduced DURING the war.
    :smile:
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    2ndsky2k10 wrote: »
    Feindpanzer is the correct military term for an enemy tank. The fact that you dont hear it used is because we are not in 1918. The game on the other hand is and therefor uses the correct GERMAN term of "Feindpanzer". Gramatically AND Terminologic correct. Nothing about it is influenced by the english language. And considering your following train of thought: "Du meinst das ist eingedeutscht, wahrscheinlich aus dem Englischen (was schon im Deutschen Kaiserreich begann)." : Tanks weren´t around befor World War 1. The term "Panzer" for tank was introduced DURING the war.
    :smile:

    I was not talking about the word "Tank" in German Empire of itself, I was talking bout that the infiltration of the German language began strongly in that period (due to the political changes in Europe and Germany with their Respected Universities that was visited from all aboard). And like El-FaMa said military protocols of WW2 show the term, where tanks were already common
    And yes, the fact that I didn't hear it, doesn't mean automatically that it wasn't used or said, but like I mentioned the vast majority if it doesn't speak like that today, is a proof that the majority then also spoke like that. And to be honest "feindlicher" as an adjective is a typical German term, and not Feindpanzer

    I'm not saying that this wasn't maybe used in WW2, but I'm saying and convinced that this is eingedeutscht. So I keep it original ;). And a language is being preserved mainly buy narration since ever from father to son.
    Post edited by AFROSRB on
  • El-FaMa
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    Many German words had been infiltrated by the English language (and the infiltration began way earlier than WW1, actually already in late 19th century during the German Empire), although in German there are many many compounds, even much more than in English, some words like "Feindpanzer" aren't being used by the vast majority of the Germans, or better said, no one talks like that. I didn't hear once in my life this word, everyone says "feindlicher Panzer", with no offense to anyone, myself I'm a stranger who's born and lives in Germany, but this sounds like the typical foreigners in Germany who don't pronounce the words correctly :smiley: lol, u know what I mean

    I get what you are saying. It is actually not the only term that has a structure like that. For example "Feindfahrzeug" "Feindflugzeug" "Feindbewegung" "Feindflagge" "Feindposten" etc. (although of course mostly used by the military) are all totally legitimate terms. As 2ndsky2k10 allready said:
    2ndsky2k10 wrote: »
    Feindpanzer is the correct military term for an enemy tank and is used on an everyday basis in the german military and its literature. The fact that you dont hear it used is because we are not in 1918. The game on the other hand is and therefor uses the correct GERMAN term of "Feindpanzer". Gramatically AND Terminologic correct. Nothing about it is influenced by the english language. And considering your following train of thought: "Du meinst das ist eingedeutscht, wahrscheinlich aus dem Englischen (was schon im Deutschen Kaiserreich begann)." : Tanks weren´t around befor World War 1. The term "Panzer" for tank was introduced DURING the war.
    :smile:

    German forces actually used the term "Tank" just like the british forces and later on came up with the idea of calling it "Panzer". A word that was previously only used to describe heavy armor (mostly plate-armor).

    Noch nie jemanden getroffen der sich selbst Kanake nennt. Aber immer wieder nett Leute kennen zu lernen, die sich mit solchen Dingen beschäftigen. ^^
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    El-FaMa wrote: »

    Noch nie jemanden getroffen der sich selbst Kanake nennt. Aber immer wieder nett Leute kennen zu lernen, die sich mit solchen Dingen beschäftigen. ^^

    Standard in meinem Umkreis, genau das gleiche wie wenn weiße Amis zu den Schwarzen das N-Wort sagen und dann haben die Schwarzen daraus ihr eigenes Ding gemacht. Genauso haben wir das mit dem Wort Kanake gemacht. Kenne das so seit den 90ern, also nix neues :wink:

  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    El-FaMa wrote: »

    German forces actually used the term "Tank" just like the british forces and later on came up with the idea of calling it "Panzer". A word that was previously only used to describe heavy armor (mostly plate-armor).

    Hear at min 17:42 what the German soldier says lol :smiley:

  • 2ndsky2k10
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Don´t wanna really take it any further here, just a short little thing:


    "but like I mentioned the vast majority if it doesn't speak like that today, is a proof that the majority then also spoke like that"

    Todays everyday german is HUGELY different from early 1900 german ;)


    "And a language is being preserved mainly buy narration since ever from father to son."

    actually, thats how a language changes... a lot... thats close to the definition of how a language changes ^^


    However, call it all you want, The correct term was and always will be "Feindpanzer" "Feindfahrzeug" "Feindflugzeug" "Feindbewegung" "Feindflagge" "Feindposten" "Feindinfantrie".

    And why? because they are not like you stated in your first post an "adjective form before a noun" but a NOUN in itself, something that is as german as it gets. Just like "Kindergarten" "Realschule" "Lastwagen"... would sound funy though, I give you that... "kindlicher garten" "reale schule" "lasttragender wagen".

    As german as it gets.
  • El-FaMa
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    El-FaMa wrote: »

    German forces actually used the term "Tank" just like the british forces and later on came up with the idea of calling it "Panzer". A word that was previously only used to describe heavy armor (mostly plate-armor).

    Hear at min 17:42 what the German soldier says lol :smiley:

    Well thereyou have it.^^ I really enjoy the audio so far. Really sounds like I imagine my grand grandfather talking, as he rushed throug france with his buddys. Poor ****.
    2ndsky2k10 wrote: »
    Don´t wanna really take it any further here, just a short little thing:


    "but like I mentioned the vast majority if it doesn't speak like that today, is a proof that the majority then also spoke like that"

    Todays everyday german is HUGELY different from early 1900 german ;)


    "And a language is being preserved mainly buy narration since ever from father to son."

    actually, thats how a language changes... a lot... thats close to the definition of how a language changes ^^


    However, call it all you want, The correct term was and always will be "Feindpanzer" "Feindfahrzeug" "Feindflugzeug" "Feindbewegung" "Feindflagge" "Feindposten" "Feindinfantrie".

    And why? because they are not like you stated in your first post an "adjective form before a noun" but a NOUN in itself, something that is as german as it gets. Just like "Kindergarten" "Realschule" "Lastwagen"... would sound funy though, I give you that... "kindlicher garten" "reale schule" "lasttragender wagen".

    As german as it gets.

    This guy gets it.

  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i wish i spoke german just so i could watch Das Boot without subtitilles
  • El-FaMa
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Time to learn a new language then. Is there no english audio edit for the movie?
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    2ndsky2k10 wrote: »
    "but like I mentioned the vast majority if it doesn't speak like that today, is a proof that the majority then also spoke like that"

    :smiley: weird reasoning

    "And a language is being preserved mainly buy narration since ever from father to son."
    actually, thats how a language changes... a lot... thats close to the definition of how a language changes ^^

    Not really, if I say to my son "House" and he narrates it like that to his son and so on, it stays like this. The changes are happening because of influences from outside. And due to tribal differences or regional differences.

    ]And why? because they are not like you stated in your first post an "adjective form before a noun" but a NOUN in itself, something that is as german as it gets. Just like "Kindergarten" "Realschule" "Lastwagen"... would sound funy though, I give you that... "kindlicher garten" "reale schule" "lasttragender wagen".

    I said "but Germans use an adjective form before a noun which is "FEINDLICH (Hostile)"

    So i said what is being used commonly which is "feindlich" an adjective. No one said that "Feind" is an adjective, so please. It's totally clear that "Feind" is a noun.

    I'd like to hear an audio of WW1. ..but cameras didn't have audio at all at that time if I'm not wrong, don't know exactly :smiley: lol
    Post edited by AFROSRB on
  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2016
    El-FaMa wrote: »
    Time to learn a new language then. Is there no english audio edit for the movie?

    Die Amis synchronisieren die filme nit, die versehen Sie mit Untertiteln, was die meisten Ländern auch machen. Deutschland ist eins der wenigen Länder das fast alles synchronisiert.

    Hör mal hin was ich entdeckt hab lol :smiley: bei min 0:16
  • El-FaMa
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    Hör mal hin was ich entdeckt hab lol :smiley: bei min 0:16

    Good voice acting. A big relief for me. Had to watch it 3 times to get what you meant.^^

  • AFROSRB
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    El-FaMa wrote: »
    AFROSRB wrote: »
    Hör mal hin was ich entdeckt hab lol :smiley: bei min 0:16

    Good voice acting. A big relief for me. Had to watch it 3 times to get what you meant.^^

    :wink:, I guess if it stays like this with both versions, I can live with that lol
Sign In or Register to comment.