How To Disable TAA on PC.

rockin_master
373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
HERE IS HOW TO DISABLE TAA IN BFV:

1. You must use the DX11 render pipeline.
2. You must set motion blur to 1%
3. WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 in the console while in the map.

TAA will now be disabled. Texture filtering will be broken, textures will no longer align properly, texture lod will be broken, there will be severe texture shimmering, there will be flashing textures on certain maps, the game will be a mess.

On the bright side it will fix all problems with the jumping system, no more getting hung up on pebbles or anything else that is "jumpable". It will turn you into the Bruce Jenner of BFV.

EA broke every software design principle with BFV, it is forever broken. The foundation is rotten to the core. A hodge podge mess thrown together as nothing more than a quick cash grab.

Try for yourselves and have fun, I guess.

Comments

• MinZhuZhongGuo
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    I heard that EA bans people using some legal methods like nvidia inspector and its purely graphical settings to recognize enemies better.

This might be dangerous as well.
  • rockin_master
    edited February 24
    You can't get banned for toggling an in-game console command.

Don't be silly.

I should also add that to enter the console use the tilde key. That's the little squiggly just left of the "1" on your keyboard.
  • Noodlesocks
    2647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't they patch this workaround out?
  • rockin_master
    edited February 24

Are you referring to:

2. You must set motion blur to 1%
    3. WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 in the console while in the map.

If so then NO. I checked before making this post on two different systems. One with a gtx 1060 3gb card and one with a 1080ti. Both worked with no problems whatsoever. Round changes didn't even reset the boolean so it actually works better than ever.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

No this was used since launch its just a in-game config file change. The
    Nvidia inspector exploit is different.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I heard that EA bans people using some legal methods like nvidia inspector and its purely graphical settings to recognize enemies better.

This might be dangerous as well.

"To recognize enemies better"--no, it's used to remove cover so you can see enemies you should not be able to see, it is by any reasonable definition cheating, not much different in effect than a wall hack. Anyone who would exploit something like that is in my opinion someone who would use a hack if he thought he could get away with it.