Anyone else have PIAT issues?

someguy12121
439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited February 25
When I aim in mortar mode the shells are not landing where I am aiming. I tried aiming at a flag which said it was 40 meters away but on the aiming map it said 80 meters away. Also I try to aim for a house but the shell lands on the face of a mountain that is behind the house. I have also tried aiming straight up which the game says the shell will land right in front of me but the shell instead lands about 35ish meters in front of me. Then distance of inaccuracy seems to vary a little so there isnt a clear way to compensate for this glitch. This saddens me though that I cant use the only mortar type thing in the game because of errors.

Comments

• thamac15
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game has mortars? Holy cow! Never been killed by one and didn’t know they were even in the game lmao!
  • full951
    2111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    it's not really a mortar. it's spring loaded rocket launcher and it shoots with such an arc you can use it like a mortar. when holding aim it will show a red dot on the map where it will land. problem is, is isn't calibrated correctly.

I've tested it on the range and I invite anyone reading to do the same. go to the sniper range and grab a piat. you will see that it can hit the 25 meter sign fairly spot on. but past that the range is way off. if you aim for the 50 meter sign the shell will land much further away than 50 meters. aim for the 100 meter sign, same problem. it over shoots by a large margin. so it's difficult af to hit anything with it using its mortar function. it needs to be fixed.

this test was done before the most recent patch but based on the OP, it's still off
  • Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It makes a difference on elevation as well. If you are higher it usually will over shoot if your target is higher than you it’ll likely under shoot
  • full951
    2111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    that's good tip but the calibration is off on level ground. good luck aiming it on uneven terrain
  • ackers75
    1911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep after last patch they can seemingly just go anywhere!
    Pointless using them now if you can’t aim them accurately
  • someguy12121
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its almost like the trajectory is being calculated based on ground layer and not just where it is being fired from to where it is being aimed at. Feels like they added crap to the equation that wasn't needed.

I also submitted a bug report and hope this gets fixed.