FIX the jet ramming!!!

someguy12121
439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just about every time I get into a bomber people in fighters run into bombers to at least damage parts on the bomber so they can then more easily come back. This has gotten crazy with how there is little to no penalty in doing this.

Comments

• oXGeminiXo
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I find this funny because it just shows how unskillful they are.
  • Td05_RumpleWagen
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can thank dice for treating us like children not deserving of being trusted with their immaculate creation. When we had our OWN servers this was not an issue as much as these rammers were kicked. I remember the real days of BF with adults running the show, rammers and toxic kids were gone quick
  • olavafar
    1853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you switch to gunner seat and have some rudimentary aim you will take enough health out of them so that THEY go down but not you if they ram you. I got 5-6 kills this way last time I was in a bomber.
  • Toxic_CA
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Theres jets in this game?
  • olavafar
    1853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not yet but maybe we'll get the Me 262 at some point...
  • Hawxxeye
    4171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    If you switch to gunner seat and have some rudimentary aim you will take enough health out of them so that THEY go down but not you if they ram you. I got 5-6 kills this way last time I was in a bomber.
    One thing that more people need to consider is that seat switching indirectly increases the chance of plane ramming since bomber loses a lot of speed when it has an empty pilot seat.
  • SirBobdk
    3560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    One thing that more people need to consider is that seat switching indirectly increases the chance of plane ramming since bomber loses a lot of speed when it has an empty pilot seat.
    True, but most ramming happens because most pilots on PC don't have a clue on how to fly or use throttle. Most don't even try to change direction but just keep on shooting until they hit the other plane. Experienced pilots keep distance and take another run if getting to close even when the bomber pilot switch seat.
  • GloriousRepublic
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know some of it comes from frustrated ground troops getting bombed over and over. I actually plane rammed one last night. I dont fly planes at all but the AA in this game is a joke and if your pilots on your team's suck you have no other choice to take matters into your own hands. I was halfway through a match and had 10 deaths and 9 of them were from being bombed by planes so ya I plane rammed them and I hope the pilot burned in hell. They need to make the AA powerful enough to at least get the pilot to go some place else but it is pretty much zero deterrent. They just come right at you and out DPS you no prob and continue on.
  • olavafar
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Yepp! It is all part of the cunning plan... What is not part of it is a noob entering the pilot seat while one do this maneuver. It is pretty rare but kind of annoying when it happens. Still more annoying is to get a blind gunner though and this happens way more frequently but one needs to have a forgiving attitude. Mostly they just want to be helpful.
  • SirBobdk
    3560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know some of it comes from frustrated ground troops getting bombed over and over. I actually plane rammed one last night. I dont fly planes at all but the AA in this game is a joke and if your pilots on your team's suck you have no other choice to take matters into your own hands..
    BF is about combined war fare and not infantry only. It's not an argument for buffing the AA that a team don't have any good pilots. In a game like BF every one need to learn all aspect of the game if a team are to be effective. The problem is that most people want this to be an infantry game and to deal with planes as infantry instead of learning how to fly. I'm not saying that AA/MAA should be useless but right now it works in combination with fighters.
  • myPPhardO_O
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    its more realistic , i like the mechanics of it , it allows you to outplay a bomber
  • GloriousRepublic
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I know some of it comes from frustrated ground troops getting bombed over and over. I actually plane rammed one last night. I dont fly planes at all but the AA in this game is a joke and if your pilots on your team's suck you have no other choice to take matters into your own hands..
    BF is about combined war fare and not infantry only. It's not an argument for buffing the AA that a team don't have any good pilots. In a game like BF every one need to learn all aspect of the game if a team are to be effective. The problem is that most people want this to be an infantry game and to deal with planes as infantry instead of learning how to fly. I'm not saying that AA/MAA should be useless but right now it works in combination with fighters.

Im not saying gimp the planes but I can literally start shooting a Stuka with the AA and it will turn around and fly right at me and kill me. There is zero fear of the AA at all. Im not saying it should be able shoot across the map and take down planes. But when a plane is just endlessly bombing the same cap or your spawn. The AA should be at the very least powerful enough for it to break off and go somewhere else not just do a u turn and instantly kill you proceed on.
  • SirBobdk

Im not saying gimp the planes but I can literally start shooting a Stuka with the AA and it will turn around and fly right at me and kill me. There is zero fear of the AA at all. Im not saying it should be able shoot across the map and take down planes. But when a plane is just endlessly bombing the same cap or your spawn. The AA should be at the very least powerful enough for it to break off and go somewhere else not just do a u turn and instantly kill you proceed on.
    Bombers should fear fighters, fighters should fear AA and AA should fear bombers and that's how it is at the moment. The MAA melts fighters and the Stuka, so imo its ok that the SAA have problems with the bombers. Its a kind of balance.
    Fighters > Bombers > AA > fighters.
  • mattd3162014
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just about every time I get into a bomber people in fighters run into bombers to at least damage parts on the bomber so they can then more easily come back. This has gotten crazy with how there is little to no penalty in doing this.

There was not jets in world war 2!
  • olavafar

Yes there were, but they are not in the game as of now.
  • Dr_X2345
    749 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Weren't they also pretty experimental at this point? I may be wrong.
  • stiny1838
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

the Heinkel He 178, flew only five days before the start of the war, on 1 September 1939.
  • fragnstein
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bombers should fear fighters, fighters should fear AA and AA should fear bombers and that's how it is at the moment. The MAA melts fighters and the Stuka, so imo its ok that the SAA have problems with the bombers. Its a kind of balance.
    Fighters > Bombers > AA > fighters.

Aa cant melt ice cream let alone a fighter. Common man
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The thing is without at least equal skill pilots on both teams it isn't even a combined arms game. It becomes an aircraft point farm. Like with the AA in BF2 the planes can just ignore almost any fixed position gun. It doesn't do enough damage individually to down bombers or attack planes except in a very lucky manner. Generally it shows the bomber the gun is manned so they can circle away, repair, run in and bomb you and fly away to repair.

Personally I wouldn't BUFF the guns. Some AA guns can be OP like the gattling guns IN BFBC2. I would add many more guns to the spawn or early stages of a map. With the current damage and 2 or more gun on the same target it would work much better.

IMHO the Pom Pom guns from BF1 were quite well balanced. And they had enough of them dotted around that if you sacrificed enough foot soldiers you could chase off aeroplane's.
  • olavafar
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

Not really, though it depends on how one see that. There were not many made of the Me 262 for example but this was mainly due to shortages of material and fuel (they were not introduced until late in the war because they had some technical issues to get sorted).
    Side note: I had one of these as a model when I was a kid (Airfix) along with a bunch of other fighters. All met their destiny when I strung 'em up and shot them to pieces with my airgun... Talking about AA.