Bullet magnet

mollyfrank1
158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 2019
This happened in BF1. Doesn't matter what I'm doing i'm the target. Just had another go and same thing. spawn dead, spawn dead, hiding behind rock wall dead, group charging single enemy dead all others live. parachute in headshot in harness, spawn dead Bloody annoying.
Post edited by mollyfrank1 on

Comments

• mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Git gud
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't stand still, don't run in a straight line, don't run out in the open without looking to make sure there are no enemies, don't be last in the pack, if you see enemies shoot at them to wound or suppress even if you can't kill. My only other tip is to run behind (but not directly behind) a blueberry and let them take the shots for you. I feel like this happens to me all the time too.
  • Cakey_83
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happened in BF1. Doesn't matter what I'm doing i'm the target. Just had another go and same thing. spawn dead, spawn dead, hiding behind rock wall dead, group charging single enemy dead all others live. parachute in headshot in harness, spawn dead Bloody annoying.

Yeah can seem a bit like that at times. Get a few mates together that play and help each other. Like Dutchmasta said dont run in straight lines or in the open. Lots of good advice in his post.
  • urban2544
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Git gud

Wow nice response, bet that took a lot of thought...smh
  • Kapelmuur
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You're definitely not alone. I can get on streaks of really bad luck, or have rounds where I appear to be the designated Forlorn Hope of the team. I played a few hours yesterday and lost count of the number of times I set myself on fire.

In these cases I usually ditch the weak attempts at heroics and opt to be a reviving medic or spotting recon so as not to bleed my team's tickets along with my own sanity. Sometimes a change of server/game mode can help if the mojo is just really bad.
  • Tadakatsu91
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I been getting some crappy deaths even though im in cover. my ping can be decent at 49 but this game still has issues for me.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This game is trash. Have multiple 100 point non kills or bullets into someone that kills me to see they have full health. Entire squads cheat and nothing is done. I’d call them out but have been blocked before for saying something here...Crappy/funny deaths used to be part of the charm of BF games. BF5 has invisible players, not moving as a design feature. It’s rare to just get out dueled because your more often killed by someone not playing any objective , invisible in a house, one shot’n you with a Sten or Lewis. Awful game from top to bottom
  • Brammers1968
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Don't stand still, don't run in a straight line, don't run out in the open without looking to make sure there are no enemies, don't be last in the pack, if you see enemies shoot at them to wound or suppress even if you can't kill. My only other tip is to run behind (but not directly behind) a blueberry and let them take the shots for you. I feel like this happens to me all the time too.

All of the above, and try not to leave a silhouette against the skyline - it’s the kind of opportunity that recon and support characters (if they are trying to lay down some interdiction/suppression fire for their squad) look for.

For what it’s worth I have some terrible BFV days as well
  • MatthewSkeet
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah, I had really bad day on arras/aerodrome the other day.
    spawned in a tank.... died before the camera zoomed fully in while being hit from 3 different angles
    going in a squad of 3, with me at the back... guy jumps out in front.... guess who gets killed despite no clear line of sight
    pistols killing me with 1 shot LEGshot from a prone player with me at full health
    respawning in my own zone just to be taken down by a plane or snipers

it does happen and I get really frustrated,
    to be honest i would say 6/10 times this game is not fun, there is something really wrong with it
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me it's usually like this. I start the game of with a decent 10-15 killstreak. When i die i usually get spawned in in front of someone spraying a mg42. Happens 2-3 times in a row then I quit. Haven't played this game for a month now. Simply can't enjoy it.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never put your head in the open more than twice in the same spot if firing from behind a window or door, 3 at the absolute most. Use tanks as cover if running on open ground, if non open, use the walls and utilise the crouch run. Double check your squad before spawning in, lots are bullet sponges that are always in the thick of the action and getting killed. Always, always assume there is an enemy sniper or assault with his sight aimed on you, most of the time there is. There is very little room for error in this game.
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly the netcode, hit detection, TTK, TTD or whatever you want to call it is terrible right now. I've mostly stopped playing due to it.

It feels like my entire body is a giant jack in the box head and I get headshot in every fight.
  • DeeRigger
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same for me. Tried again tonight, but when you’re one shotted with a pistol and a sten, this proves something is seriously wrong.
    Not sure if this is what I mean, but I think the mindset of this game is fundamentally wrong. Rewards are given for lying prone and camping. All the talk of playing objectives and pushing to flags seems to be false as the game is one big fun sponge now.
    Not heard any word on TTD fix on any of Dices social media sources. Anyone here heard anything?
  • Jarp75
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Yesterday and today was awful to play, I died behind cover, no hit detection etc., despite a ping of 14.
  • mollyfrank1
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Been away for a week. Jumped on. Same BS. Killed by pistol headshots from large distances (DICE PISTOLS ARE SHORT RANGE WEAPONS) shot through walls, head shot from a split second peep over, multiple hits with MG42 on player couple of points damage, panzerwcheck into a players chest no damage. Wonder why I play this crap game.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Jarp75 wrote: »
    Yesterday and today was awful to play, I died behind cover, no hit detection etc., despite a ping of 14.

That's the thing bro. I'm pretty sure low ping players are getting the worst hit. I have been trying to get an answer from DICE on why they cater high ping players for the past 5 years.

Look at bf1, if you had around 100-150 ping you became God.

So dice is catering ping exploiters since they refuse to fix it. Take a look at the massive amount of youtubers that exclusively play on servers over seas. They're not even hiding it lol..

Ping cap 30% of the servers is to easy i guess..
  • BS_Hokke1975
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    "....Killed by pistol headshots from large distances (DICE PISTOLS ARE SHORT RANGE WEAPONS) shot through walls, head shot from a split second peep over, multiple hits with MG42 on player couple of points damage, panzerwcheck into a players chest no damage. Wonder why I play this crap game."/quote]

same here, i know when he comes around the corner and I start firing the moment before he comes around....he is about 10% life left and he kills me with one headshot. Shouldn't he be suppressed or something?
  • dcs500
    1511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Autorotor wrote: »

That's the thing bro. I'm pretty sure low ping players are getting the worst hit. I have been trying to get an answer from DICE on why they cater high ping players for the past 5 years.

So dice is catering ping exploiters since they refuse to fix it. Take a look at the massive amount of youtubers that exclusively play on servers over seas. They're not even hiding it lol..

Quickmatch is actually the best it's been with regards to playing in region, so if there's anyone with a high ping in a game it's because they chose to be there. Servers should be ping capped at 100 and out of region players should only be able to join by invite.

• Autorotor
    dcs500 wrote: »

Quickmatch is actually the best it's been with regards to playing in region, so if there's anyone with a high ping in a game it's because they chose to be there. Servers should be ping capped at 100 and out of region players should only be able to join by invite.

The best solution would be to fix the netcode so that high ping players doesn't become terminators and have a massive advantage because of it.

I agree that the quickmatch works better in that case.
  • stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »

The best solution would be to fix the netcode so that high ping players doesn't become terminators and have a massive advantage because of it.

I agree that the quickmatch works better in that case.

or remove lag compensation altogether .