Name one BF map that's better than any BFV map

Comments

• MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wake Island
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plants vs Zombies any map
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cropulus wrote: »
    I happen to like most of the Maps in BFV but FJell can die a slow painful death.

The thing with Fjell is that I love it in CQ and hate it in Frontlines and Breakthrough. I think they did not have enough maps at start, as I do not think it is suitable in those modes. While I am typing this I am not even sure it is a frontlines map....

Fjell certainly has a FL-map.... You have the centerflag in the center of the map (the cabins) and after that you either go straight to your own or the enemies set of Mcoms... GG

I still think I have the fastest round of FL on Fjell.. Got it completed in less than 2 minutes... 0 kills, 0 death, 0 exitement.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    Tetris, Pac-man, Minesweeper
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Locker/Metro. Bf5 would need something like that for some fresh air.
  • UniQue1992
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF2 - Strike at Karkand
  • UniQue1992
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Karkand from BF2.
    Caspian border from BF3.
    Golmud from BF4.
    St. Quentin Scar from BF1.

Actually BFV maps aren't that great. Maybe Panzerstorm is the only good one in this title so far.

I agree... BFV maps feel weird. :(
  • UniQue1992
    Blackidus wrote: »
    Bocage, El Alamein, Midway, or basicaly al BF1942 maps.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!

Wale Island, Iwo-Jima, Coral Sea (first air superiority without anyone actually realizing this lol). Battle of Britain, Guadalcanal. And I can keep on going!!
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Azadi Palace and Scrapmetal. Top notch map design, both visually and gameplay-wise.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Devastation is a great map. If I had to go with one map I would go with Norshar Canals from BF3, so much fun playing with former clan every evening, shotgun and knifing abuse aplenty.

Other maps I rate highly are Operation Hastings, Caspian Border, Valparaiso , Nelson Bay, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman, Hill 137 & Cao Son Temple - yeah I loved Bad Company 2 & Vietnam along with BF3
    Post edited by DrunkOnRedWine on
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can name three:
    1. Zavod 311
    2. Zavod 311
    3. Zavod 311

Yeah, it's that good.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Alcatraz. Too bad nobody really played it.

Not true, played it for as long as the servers were active
  • WetFishDB
    2315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Amiens. Better than any map in BFV.

Although come to think of it, I pretty much prefer all of BF1 maps to BFV, other than maybe Devastation which I actually quite like. It’s one of the few maps where Medic feels really quite viable.
    Post edited by WetFishDB on
  • Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gulf of Oman (BF2 version)
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Although come to think of it, I pretty much prefer all of BF1 maps to BFV, other than maybe Devastation which I actually quite like. It’s one of the few maps where Medic feels really quite viable.

Yeah, honestly, a good balanced game in any of the vanilla maps was pretty amazing. Russian maps for Cavalry were superb, though, I didn't really like the sniper layouts that much otherwise. Each DLC had at least two really damn good maps. Soissons was also amazing and very popular. I'd even take a few of the night maps over most of what we got in V.

I do think Devastation can be cool. The biggest maps are usually pretty decent when teams are balanced. The smaller maps after that tend to make for really mediocre games at times. Aerodrome is front and center. Camping tanks, camping everything other than the crazy chaos going on in the main building. Just stupid design all around. Never really got into Rotterdam either. It just felt too close too campy and too restricted with TTK being so fast. The map just doesn't really have anywhere to go. Narvik is the same way. The maps are so lame in so many ways.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In Battlefield 5 all maps are better than Propaganda. Arras, Twisted Steel, Devastation, Rotterdam, and one or two more maps are the best maps i've ever seen in Battlefield history, period.

Stay of the Drugs....
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    Bander desert
    Giants of Karelia
    Caspian border
    BF2 karkand

Bandar Desert....that was great and damn it was huge! Just as a Battlefield map should be! And you had there everything: open parts like the desert, the little Village, the construction sites and sometimes a mix of everything.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

Amiens? What on earth did you like about this map? I personally thought the BF1 maps were amongst the worse maps DICE have ever designed - well with the acceptation of Ballroom Blitz - I thought that was a good balance between infantry play and vehicles.

Ballroom Blitz
    Argonne Forest
    Fao Fortress
    Suez
    St. Quentin Scar
    Sinai Desert
    Amiens
    Monte Grappe

Truly bad list compared to BF3 vanilla maps

Caspian Border
    Damavand Peak
    Grand Bazaar
    Kharg Island
    Norshar Canals
    Operation Firestorm
    Operation Metro
    Seine Crossing
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I happen to like most of the Maps in BFV but FJell can die a slow painful death.

fjHELL is just open air Lockers with planes. It would be a much better IO map.

I actually enjoyed Wake Island, Wake Island 2k and Sharki Peninsula.

Karkand and Oman also provided plenty of laughs. Both the original and the updated maps.