This Week in Battlefield V - Week of February 25th

Braddock512
1514 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited February 2019
Here's another This Week in Battlefield V! We've got some stuff to share this week, so let's dig in!
blvaq4w4evi21.jpg

BLOGS
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker Update - Every week we check the status of top trending/impacting issues and update our list.
DISCUSSIONS
  • Maps - Let's talk Maps - what makes a great map, what makes a "bad" map.

fl9kq78rdvi21.png

Monday, 2/25/2019
  • This Week in Battlefield V - What you're reading right now! An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more.
Tuesday, 2/26/2019 Wednesday, 2/27/2019
  • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker - Our Devs have confirmed fixes on some of the top issues, so make sure to check out the updated wiki page on Wednesday to see what's fixed, what's new, and what the status is of ongoing issues.
  • Chapter 2: Weekly Event #4 Week 2 Tips
Thursday, 2/28/2019
  • Chapter 2 Event #4 Week 2 Starts
  • DISCUSSION: Maps - With the varied maps in Battlefield V, we go from cities to snowy mountains and deserts to devastated airfields. Each map (Panzerstorm included) has their own quirks, and each can tweak how you play based on situational circumstances specific to that map. We'll go over some of the top comments from you, our community, and have a constructive discussion on what makes a map a "bad map" and what really good maps look like.
Friday, 3/1/2019
  • Weekly Debrief- Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.

UPDATE: Last week we mentioned an update was TBD for this week. This has been confirmed to be next week once we get full QA sign-off and 1st party CERT confirmed. We'll let you know the exact date and will drop the Update Notes as soon as possible.

u63spdu4dvi21.jpg
Farewell from Jojje Dalunde, Producer at DICE LA
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why it always says this article is released monday when its always out on thuesday? Tell me where at this moment is still monday on the world?
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why it always says this article is released monday when its always out on thuesday? Tell me where at this moment is still monday on the world?
    Hawaii for example.
    My guess is that Braddock512 is in Los Angeles, since he is "North American Community Manager".
    For me, the post has been made on "February 26, 2019 9:11AM", since LA is 9 hours "behind" me, that's 11 minutes after midnight.
    So, yeah, it's technically not on monday, but in the middle of the night for him.
    I actually appreciate it when people work such late hours.
    Some people on this forum might not realise this, but even "Community managers" and developers have a private life and maybe, just maybe, want to spend some time with friends and family.

But sure, keep complaining.
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So no fixes this week? New dlss update or so? I wanna play without stutter!
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus4000 wrote: »
    Hawaii for example.
    My guess is that Braddock512 is in Los Angeles, since he is "North American Community Manager".
    For me, the post has been made on "February 26, 2019 9:11AM", since LA is 9 hours "behind" me, that's 11 minutes after midnight.
    So, yeah, it's technically not on monday, but in the middle of the night for him.
    Some people on this forum might not realise this, but even "Community managers" and developers have a private life and maybe, just maybe, want to spend some time with friends and family.

Yes then he should actualy made this post on monday at his work hours instead of at private time on tuesday....
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawaii for example.

Yes then he should actualy made this post on monday at his work hours instead of at private time on tuesday....

You just don't get it, don't you?
  • TheColdkillerCY
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Where is the update in sneek peak for this week it says something for an update ?
    So where is it ?
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The update is getting postponed guys.. Are you even surprised?
  • Jesus4000

And where did you get that info?
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Not the slightest....
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

And where did you get that info?

Pretty much anywhere expect the official forum. I assumed we'd get a second patch this month to at least fix the flickering. I heard about this delayed patch from some article on my Google news feed, but I'm not sure where the source is from. My guess is Twitter or Reddit.
  • Braddock512
    1514 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Where is the update in sneek peak for this week it says something for an update ?
    So where is it ?

As the Sneak Peek disclaimer notes, "Things may move/shift". The update was tentatively scheduled for this week, but we've received confirmation from the Dev team that it should come next week pending CERT & QA signoff. (I've updated the TWiB above to clarify this.)

-Braddock512-
  • braydin10
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So where is it ?

As the Sneak Peek disclaimer notes, "Things may move/shift". The update was tentatively scheduled for this week, but we've received confirmation from the Dev team that it should come next week pending CERT & QA signoff. (I've updated the TWiB above to clarify this.)

-Braddock512-

Keep up the good work on everything that you and the team have been doing, forget all the whiners, and just keep making battlefield great!! I have for one been great full of the journey that I have been tooken to so far and I can’t wait to see the great things the game with continue to offer.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks for the update Braddock.
  • Noodlesocks
    3526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not even patch notes?
  • ChiefSniper
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cheers for the update, and thanks for all the hard work :)
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512
    any infos on changes to class-balance? the "teases" new weapon-category for medic? anything?
  • V_KURKIN_V
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where are the new cards? Where are all the game modes on the "panzer storm" map? Where are the new factions, the French, the Americans, the Italians? At least add their skin! When will the new factions and maps be added? The USSR and Japan will be? This set of cards is already tired! Since November 2018 the same thing!
  • braydin10
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    braydin10 wrote: »
    So where is it ?

-Braddock512-

Keep up the good work on everything that you and the team have been doing, forget all the whiners, and just keep making battlefield great!! I have for one been great full of the journey that I have been tooken to so far and I can’t wait to see the great things the game with continue to offer.

GTFO!

He stated his opinion and i agree with him.

Thank you, I highly appreciate it, honestly all this whining is getting old, I remember back in the day of buying a game and that’s what you got lol no extras,nothing!! Clearly everyone is hard at work, and I have faith in the fact that this game will be the best. Either you like to play it or you don’t, in the end of the day it’s just a game.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So where is it ?

-Braddock512-

GTFO!

He stated his opinion and i agree with him.

Thank you, I highly appreciate it, honestly all this whining is getting old, I remember back in the day of buying a game and that’s what you got lol no extras,nothing!! Clearly everyone is hard at work, and I have faith in the fact that this game will be the best. Either you like to play it or you don’t, in the end of the day it’s just a game.

Agreed

While there are obviously issues with the game, I have no doubt that the Devs are working bloody hard to rectify them.

Constructive criticism coupled with well considered suggestions is the best way to influence change IMO.

I absolutely enjoy BFV and feel that resolution of noted issues is a high priority of Devs going forward.

Looking forward to the next patch/content drop.