This Week in Battlefield V

Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• ISFDexter33
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    bf1 onwards havent used punkbuster.

Bf1 and bf5 do not use punkbuster, but server owners do cross-scan games to see if a player on bf4 has been banned, and automatically prohibit permission to enter his bf1 or bf5 server. EA is aware of this thing?

• ISFDexter33
  • ISFDexter33
  • LOLN1
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday have Update Windows 7  and  PB kicks me for Multihack  #71564
    I also have update screen- date -hour
    What is going on ??
    Windows 7 updates:
    kb915597
    kb4474419
    kb4514602
    kb4516655
    https://postimg.cc/SjTxqsLF

• aRareMonster
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I don't enjoy gaming on BF1 as much as BF4. BF4 was my go to game. So, not really a consolation.

P.S. I heard about the recent loss in your family.  You have my deepest sympathies.
  • aRareMonster
    @aRareMonster, that's just a so-called "mass registration" address, Bizapedia.com say that "there are 246 companies that have an address matching 814 San Jacinto Blvd.. Suite 303 Austin, TX 78701".

At the same time, bbb.org says that EvenBalance has the following HQ address: 6606 FM 1488 Road Suite 148-140, Magnolia, TX 77354, and that EvenBalance just sells computer hardware. Look at it on the StreetView and you'll see that it's just a shopping mall. :)

Comparing this information and the one that the latest news on the EvenBalance website is dated 2015, you can come to the obvious conclusion: EvenBalance, as a company, stopped developing and supporting PunkBuster, and this is the reason why they send standard answers. They now have more important things to do: they need to sell computers to Texas buyers via their computer shop. :))
    And don't forget a P.O. Box.
    My take is they run whatever is left from the local public wi-fi hotspot at Little Ceasar's. :D

I tell you what, if their CS on their computers is as good as it is for their software....... RUN. AWAY!
  • aRareMonster
    KillBuzu said:
    I wonder why :) 
    because like the game servers, they've taken it all in house

In light of how Even Balance as a business, as gone down the tubes, it would make sense for EA to release a patch to remove PB in favor of some other anti-cheat software. I am not against anti-cheating measure. I am against poor support and no possibility of redress.
    The fact that EA just waves away their  responsibility as owner of the franchise is a very poor excuse.
    Were it BF2 - which I also own  and still play on without hiccups - I could move on. But BF4 still had a lot of life in it, in my eyes. It plays great.
    And given how they just gave up on this, I will hardly be supporting them in the future. I will play the titles I still own - and BF4's solo campaign which I haven't even begun - and then that will be it.
    I am an adult, who enjoys gaming, and happen to spend quite a bit on PC games. I am eyeballing COD:MW 2019, and hope it won't disappoint. Also, Squad is a title that I am contemplating purchasing, now that I have more time to spend on other titles.
  • ISFDexter33
    KillBuzu said:
    I wonder why :) 
    because like the game servers, they've taken it all in house

In light of how Even Balance as a business, as gone down the tubes, it would make sense for EA to release a patch to remove PB in favor of some other anti-cheat software. I am not against anti-cheating measure. I am against poor support and no possibility of redress.
    The fact that EA just waves away their  responsibility as owner of the franchise is a very poor excuse.
    Were it BF2 - which I also own  and still play on without hiccups - I could move on. But BF4 still had a lot of life in it, in my eyes. It plays great.
    And given how they just gave up on this, I will hardly be supporting them in the future. I will play the titles I still own - and BF4's solo campaign which I haven't even begun - and then that will be it.
    I am an adult, who enjoys gaming, and happen to spend quite a bit on PC games. I am eyeballing COD:MW 2019, and hope it won't disappoint. Also, Squad is a title that I am contemplating purchasing, now that I have more time to spend on other titles.
    they left punkbuster because it created a lot of problems, and it still creates problems today.
    If you look at this page I put links to my 2 accounts where I lost without reason 3 2 bf3 premium games and a bf4 with all the maps, let's be clear the bf4 doesn't have a global ban but still for fear of receiving another free global I stopped playing with it.
    At this point I would like them to be returned to me legitimately because the reason they were blocked is illegitimate.
    I think that's why EA doesn't use punkbuster anymore, because if you know that punkbuster is wrong, EA could have a lot of problems.
    I would like someone to show this data and this topic to EA, to solve this problem for players who have been banned without a legitimate reason.
    I can't stay here until 2030 and continually buy battlefield 3 for an obsolete punkbuster program.
    Someone of common sense here should call a DICE developer of battlefield and show this topic.
  • LOLN1
    edited September 14
    I think there is a problem with Windows 7 and PB updates.
    - Windows support end life-
    I had updated the PC restarted Windows 7 and then launched Bf3
    I searched for a random game and while loading the map (black screen)
    I received a Multihack message #71564
    I close the game and find it in the message window on the screen - End of Windows 7 support
    Maybe something that has damaged the memory and PB interprets a trick ??
    There is no record of my ban on the PB website on 12 September
    Something went wrong with the detection of the PB
    I opened 1 ticket but I don't know what I can do to resolve

• ApathyOverdose
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited September 14
    @LOLN1, you can do nothing. Oh, sorry, you can — you can read this topic from the very beginning. and you'll see you're not alone. Personally I (and yet another guy) got a bun right after Avast Antivirus update.

StarscreamUK, maybe it will be a good idea to create a FAQ? It’s rather uninteresting to watch how just with a few days interval a new banned person comes here who didn’t read this topic (and the topic is really big and too lazy to read it) and it all starts again - emotions, complaints, questions about what to do ...

Let's create a FAQ.
  • LOLN1
    I'm reading everything ...
    I'm very angry I have +3400 hours in Bf3 I don't want to lose my progress and I don't want to be associated with cheater
    Condolence

• ApathyOverdose
    @LOLN1,
    Just relax. It makes no sense to be nervous and upset, this will not help. And nothing can be done.

Only legal prosecution can force EA to influence the situation, but the prospects for such prosecution do not look real.
  • LOLN1
    ok
    You're right, I don't have to get angry, I'm 55 ...
    But I don't want my name to be associated with people using cheat or anything else ...
    I also made many videos on youtube with the smartphone because I am 1 clean player. If you used something you would see ...
    If I am a good player it is due to the fact that I have been playing online for 25 years ..
    I use noob -m16a3 /shotguns- weapons - I position myself in very sheltered places ... I use Crt 22 "monitor (120hz-- 300-400fps) ..
    in short, old school

• ApathyOverdose
    edited September 14
    @LOLN1, I am 50 :) And since 2011 I played only BF3. It's the only game I like. But... who care.

You, me and the rest of us are just cogs in the modern world of "big numbers" when companies declare their love and respect for all their users, but not for everyone personally. When it comes to specific situations, we get what we get. EA is not alone in its practice of ignoring. At the same time, companies of the "real" world, for example, mobile operators or airlines, are at least bound by consumer rights laws. By contrast, companies of the "virtual" world are far less dependent on legislation protecting their users. It's time to do something about that.

(you heard a little senile grunts and complaints)
  • ISFDexter33
    you can also create a FAQ is not a problem, But what I really would like to see that StarscreamUK is the only EA moderator in this chat I would like you to take all this TOPIC and send it to a DICE / EA Developer manager, with User Names of all people who here say they were banned by mistake, or who contacted a developer who comes to this chat to explain how it is resolved. I would like EA to learn about this situation and resolve it.
    Here there is no PB support to explain or help, EA support declares that it cannot do anything, the only thing to do is send that TOPIC and send it to a Battlefield EA DICE Manager or call together at the same phone number 100 times per day explaining that this is causing damage to players to EA as a business and to the entire Battlefield Community 2, 3, 4, H, 1, 5.
    Now I go to direct ways. here there is nothing that blocks me 4 games or solves the problem or solves the problem.
  • aRareMonster
    edited September 17
    [Remoced - CM]... and I was ashamed to mention I was 46 years old. You guys got me beat!!
    Being angry is OK. But you need to get over it. I've transitioned to the stage of being seriously irked. :p
    you can also create a FAQ is not a problem, But what I really would like to see that StarscreamUK is the only EA moderator in this chat I would like you to take all this TOPIC and send it to a DICE / EA Developer manager, with User Names of all people who here say they were banned by mistake, or who contacted a developer who comes to this chat to explain how it is resolved. I would like EA to learn about this situation and resolve it.
        Here there is no PB support to explain or help, EA support declares that it cannot do anything, the only thing to do is send that TOPIC and send it to a Battlefield EA DICE Manager or call together at the same phone number 100 times per day explaining that this is causing damage to players to EA as a business and to the entire Battlefield Community 2, 3, 4, H, 1, 5.
        Now I go to direct ways. here there is nothing that blocks me 4 games or solves the problem or solves the problem.

Yes, some sort of legal action with reasonable expectations is the only way to go, the only language these people speak. One of the ways could be a crowdfunded effort to get legal representation.
    And, again I repeat what I have been saying all along, EA the owner  of the franchise saying they cannot do anything is ridiculous. If I developed a program that would bypass EA and allow me to set up dedicated private servers, and bypass Punkbuster altogether, they would kill me with cease and desist orders, and sue the crap out of me. Even if I didn't altered any of the proprietary code.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • ApathyOverdose
    Shiiiet... and I was ashamed to mention I was 46 years old. You guys got me beat!!

Age breakdown of video game players in the United States in 2019.
    Source: Entertainment Software Association
  • ISFDexter33

ok post a world-class review site, let's all go together on the site and make a report. I await your info and the link to the site
  • poisikepoisik
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Hey guys, you're still here I thought that now the topic was closed.
    However in this period that I have not written anymore then I tried to call EA support via chat I talked to an assistant who must have done something I explained to him that I received 2 global ban from punkbuster, and he replied that I didn't could help me, but immediately after the intervention with the assistant a strange thing happened, by chance since I was playing on non-pb server, I tried to enter the pb servers and I managed to enter I played 4/5 games in server with pb, then I closed the game normally and the next day I found myself another time with the global ban.
    I noticed that in a my account I was also bf1 forbidden that I never bought and therefore I realize that at this point the EA is definitively closing the doors in my face.
    my story is that I have an account with bf3premium with global ban in the same account I have bf4 premium and some bf1 packages that for security reasons I don't use anymore. then I bought another bf3 premium on this account and I got a ban here too.
    I remembered that pb gave global ban and hardware ban apparently a global ban is a hardware ban.
    So if you want to play any bf in the future you should make a pc that doesn't even use the facebook you used on the previous pc as it's all recorded.
    In this way, however, EB PB is making EA's bad interests because at this point I can't play bf1 nor bf5 since some old data will always be intercepted on the new PC, incredible I have a BAN on BF1 that I don't even have.

BF1 and BF V dont uaw pbustessit!