Weekly Debrief

Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• D4rkWin9Duck
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    There are more and more servers in BF3 without Punkbuster in US and EU ;)

• KillBuzu
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    There are more and more servers in BF3 without Punkbuster in US and EU ;)

Let's hope it will continue. I wish there was more rush servers, as majority of those without pb are conquest.
  • poisikepoisike
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No point to play servers without  pb when admin is not active! I been played TNT server and there are cheaters  there!  And no active admins to ban them! Its sad,cose it is a good server instead!
  • KillBuzu
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I didn't spot any obvious cheaters on TNT servers, but there's no ballance on them (no admin I suppose) and games are mostly onesided.
  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No point to play servers without  pb when admin is not active! I been played TNT server and there are cheaters  there!  And no active admins to ban them! Its sad,cose it is a good server instead!

TNT Admins are pretty fast actually. Just use the !report command or hit them up om discord
  • TNT_Community_de
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    We try to be fast as possible but we all have a RL.
    If there's a cheater or rulesbreaker please do one the following:
    1. !report playername reason
    2. !voteban playername reason
    3. contact us in Discord: https://discord.gg/MNDXUXE
  • LX268911
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hmph. A year after the latest string of false ban waves and there are lots of non PB servers because of PB being worse than being revived 5 times into enemy fire. Back when there were false PB bans a year ago the non PB servers were virtually non existent. It's so funny that this still isn't being brought to EA's attention. Talk about community disconnect. Yeah sure, it's a third party program, but it's ruining your first party game EA. They need to release an update which migrates bf3 to a better anti cheat.
  • JGzHoud
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Guys, I was banned globally yesterday (30) for no reason by PunkBuster. Is there any way to undo this? I already sent a ticket in support, and from what I've been researching, they do not usually help.
  • PieceMak3r
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JGzHoud said:
    Guys, I was banned globally yesterday (30) for no reason by PunkBuster. Is there any way to undo this? I already sent a ticket in support, and from what I've been researching, they do not usually help.
    Nope, you are screwed now.
    EA nor PB gives a damn their system is broken.
    Just move on and play any game other than EA's.
  • JGzHoud
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Gosh, I bought the game last week after a long time wanting it.

I'm a **** up '-'
  • ISFDexter33
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    these days I talked to a developer of bf3 bf4 bfh bf1 bfv DICE.
    I told him all my situation but also yours, I gave him the link of my statistics and also the link of this discussion, he told me that he will report all this situation, hoping that soon someone will solve it.
    here is the developer's answer.

What I've heard is that people can sometimes get tricked into joining "hacked" servers which send very inflated player stats to the EA game statistics system whereby the user then will have an account which looks completely bogus (5,000,000 score per minute). On BF3 mostly, that is.

I'm *mostly* able to help with Battlelog specific stuff, and this issue is a pretty large scope. Global GUID bans are tricky... I think they identify your hardware fingerprint too, so playing on a new account on the same computer/OS might just get all of the accounts banned, right?

I wish I could help you specifically but there's not much I'm currently able to do except I'll pass this information along and hope there some day will be some actions taken to tighten any potential loopholes like this (If indeed this is your original issue ...).
  • ApathyOverdose
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    What I've heard is that people can sometimes get tricked into joining "hacked" servers which send very inflated player stats to the EA game statistics system whereby the user then will have an account which looks completely bogus (5,000,000 score per minute). On BF3 mostly, that is.
    Wow! That's my case right before my first ban. 

At that time, I regularly reset statistics to better see my progress. That day I just reset statistics again, later I went in to look, and it looked strange, almost everything was zero, except for three indicators: score/minute, kills/minute and some other, I do not remember exactly. But I remember exactly that the score/minute was 117 (very big). I told myself what the hell a glitch was, reset it again and went to play again. Later that day I got a ban.

Haha, now at least I know why I was banned.
  • volumin
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I think the only way to do this is to remove punkbuster from all servers. PB is dead anyway and all active servers have admins or use different software (I heard something, not entirely sure about that). 
  • LX268911
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    these days I talked to a developer of bf3 bf4 bfh bf1 bfv DICE.
    I told him all my situation but also yours, I gave him the link of my statistics and also the link of this discussion, he told me that he will report all this situation, hoping that soon someone will solve it.
    here is the developer's answer.

I'm *mostly* able to help with Battlelog specific stuff, and this issue is a pretty large scope. Global GUID bans are tricky... I think they identify your hardware fingerprint too, so playing on a new account on the same computer/OS might just get all of the accounts banned, right?

I wish I could help you specifically but there's not much I'm currently able to do except I'll pass this information along and hope there some day will be some actions taken to tighten any potential loopholes like this (If indeed this is your original issue ...).
    I knew it was probably this all along. There was a server that had really high points for flag caps. I joined it for a bit thinking it was legal. I capped a couple of flags, and then I left because that's all people were doing and I thought: "this can't be legal". So now, as I suspected, anyone who joined that server gets banned. That's still a false ban wave. It's not our fault the server gets through. I pointed this out a very long time ago. I never hunted down a server like that, I was just browsing around. This is still a scandal and innocents still suffered for a faulty service. BF3 is still a great game but this tarnishing really hurt alot of people. Not to mention, the appeal process was extremely uninformative on the PB website.

More to this as well, there seems to be people exploiting this situation on this website. If you recieve a message that says "email me at [insertrandomemail] to talk about things regarding this issue that we can't talk about here" be very afraid. I have a hunch it's a scam to get email so they can fulfill crack program details. Afterall, this website uses your in game account name on the forum. The email you give COULD be the same as your account. This could make figuring out your password much easier, so don't respond.
  • volumin
    I never joined any server with weird points or something and still got banned.
  • ApathyOverdose
    @volumin
    No one says that this is the only reason for the ban.
  • ISFDexter33
    volumin said:
    I never joined any server with weird points or something and still got banned.

the reasons for the ban can be that your guid or password has been stolen.
    another cause that my same problem could be that previous had a global ban used the same computer and hardware with another or new cd key, once received a ban PB marks your hardware, when you buy a new key this will have ban after a few hours of play.
    another cause is that you have entered one of these servers that inflate the statistics and then reported to punkbuster, no player would be able to understand which server is hacked and which is not.
    these are 3 causes that can activate guid permanent global ban.
    I don't know any other causes.
  • ApathyOverdose
    I don't know any other causes.
    There are two people in this thread (I am one of them) who got banned on the same day that Avast Anti-Virus was updated.

This is more than a possible reason, since it is known that PunkBuster, among other things, scans the memory of all working processes in order to search for signatures belonging to cheating programs.

In general, false positive is a well-known problem inherent in antivirus programs when they mark a completely legitimate safe program as dangerous. The reasons for this may be different, one of them is the use of one or another binary code packer.

In this case, if a dangerous program was packaged by such a packer and was later detected, then the signature, which actually belongs to the packer, can get into the anti-virus database, because the code of the packer itself is usually at the beginning of the executable file and it will be the same or almost the same for all packed programs.

Also, signature matches may occur in other cases. Anti-virus developers know this well and do not consider this detection method reliable. Apparently, the developers of PunkBuster think differently.
  • volumin
    In my case it was something different. I'm not sure what, 8 years playing on 2 computers, same old software, only change I made lately was new graphic card, 2 or 3 months before the ban.
  • ISFDexter33
    edited October 12
     In fact, it happened to me that the global ban of one of the keys came when I updated the nvidia driver, but mine is a different situation because in 2014 on the same computer I received a global ban for just cause, as the connection and fps were slow and down and the servers were full of hackers and so I made a mistake, but then I realized my mistake and started making the serious person I bought bf4 and I never received a global ban, then I took bf3 premium and I received a global ban after the nvidia update, and then I still bought a bf3 limited edition premium getting another global ban always without any reason to be.
    Punkbuster states that it is enough to buy another cd key to play bf3 again, so why was I banned globally in the second and third copies? because it detects the info from your computer and therefore declares everything that belonged to the first account guid global ban, programs, fb mails etc etc.
    Even if you buy a new computer to play bf3 you will never be able to use those contacts or programs or mails linked to an old account banned from pb.
    I believe this is one of the reasons.

So punkbuster evenbalance not only has an inefficient support, but scams the players, as it declares that it would be enough to buy a new cdkey to return to the game, knowing and not informing the bf3 player that the computer from the moment of the global ban the player has a digital recording of the Hardware. so let's buy more keys knowing that in the future they will have a global ban (for the player without a reason).
    volumin said:  ApathyOverdose said
    There are two people in this thread (I am one of them) who got banned on the same day that Avast Anti-Virus was updated.

This is more than a possible reason, since it is known that PunkBuster, among other things, scans the memory of all working processes in order to search for signatures belonging to cheating programs.

In general, false positive is a well-known problem inherent in antivirus programs when they mark a completely legitimate safe program as dangerous. The reasons for this may be different, one of them is the use of one or another binary code packer.

In this case, if a dangerous program was packaged by such a packer and was later detected, then the signature, which actually belongs to the packer, can get into the anti-virus database, because the code of the packer itself is usually at the beginning of the executable file and it will be the same or almost the same for all packed programs.

Also, signature matches may occur in other cases. Anti-virus developers know this well and do not consider this detection method reliable. Apparently, the developers of PunkBuster think differently.

In my case it was something different. I'm not sure what, 8 years playing on 2 computers, same old software, only change I made lately was new graphic card, 2 or 3 months before the ban.