Weekly BF

Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

    Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive

    Even if this Code belongs to some banwave of one of the big cheat providers, if there even are ones that provide updates to this point, you are straight up naive to think everybody who comes here searching for the reason they got banned in a game from 2011 is lying. Why would they? The game costs about 5€ so everybody can just buy another copy and cheat on lmao.

    The only reason im complaining is because i put a massive amount of time in this game and it is in no way fair to get this taken away from me for no other reason than a **** anicheat detecting whatever the **** it wants. Punkbuster couldnt detect cheats when this game was new and im pretty sure it cant now. The only reason there are less cheaters is that fewer people still play.

    I for my part did not cheat in BF3 in all my 1k+ hours on multiple accounts and still got banned on my main account 2 days ago, so there is that.(on a clean windows installation i recently did because i upgraded some hardware.)
  • HiyaHiyaCthulhu
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    To clarify you got banned on your first account for 81666 and then bought another and got banned for the same reason. You didnt reformat or clean your pc inbetween?

    I didn't reformat my PC no, I got banned last year with another code attached to it, can't remember what code it was now, but it was a different one. I realize it is kinda foolish to not reformat my pc after getting falsely banned last year, but I didn't really give much thought about it. Bought a BF3 acc cuz I felt like playing Noshar Canals TDM again.

    My last account was called MrDraken, if anyone feels like checking it out, its like 0.1% cheatometer, and it has Bf3, Bf4, Bf1 and BFV on it, and I'm not banned in any of those games. Its just Evenbalance that are giving away false positive bans again in Bf3 like they have been doing since day 1.

    I'm really glad they aren't using Evenbalance anymore for their new games, it feels like Evenbalance are just banning random players for random reasons to make their own statistics look good to potential customers.

  • DarkOyster
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

    Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive

    Keep your secret, then ;)

    I've been banned, and I didn't use any cheat :/ So how to remove the ban without purchasing a nex account and play again without doing again all the progression ? I did contact EB, EA, GCC and PBBans, each of them told me to see that with the others... but no way to have any technical informations about this :/

    I wille not die because of not be able to play BF3, but it's a pain in the **** because it's the only game I find fun time to time !!

    Any help would be welcome, though !
  • FLYlNGRAbB1T
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

    Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive

    I also think it is no false/positive.

    Even if this Code belongs to some banwave of one of the big cheat providers, if there even are ones that provide updates to this point, you are straight up naive to think everybody who comes here searching for the reason they got banned in a game from 2011 is lying. Why would they? The game costs about 5€ so everybody can just buy another copy and cheat on lmao.

    It is not about the money. It is always about the credibility in clans and inbetween friends.

    The only reason im complaining is because i put a massive amount of time in this game and it is in no way fair to get this taken away from me for no other reason than a **** anicheat detecting whatever the **** it wants. Punkbuster couldnt detect cheats when this game was new

    That is not true.
    and im pretty sure it cant now.

    They still do detect cheats. As you can see in this banwave. Triing to blame the Antihacks for being banned just looks like the standard procedure in hoping not to loose the credibility in a clan etc.. But be honest to yourself: All your friends are unsure about your skills already and you will probably never gain back their full trust.
    I for my part did not cheat in BF3 in all my 1k+ hours on multiple accounts and still got banned on my main account 2 days ago

    I do not believe this at all.
  • FLYlNGRAbB1T
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    DarkOyster wrote: »
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

    Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive

    Keep your secret, then ;)

    I've been banned, and I didn't use any cheat :/ So how to remove the ban without purchasing a nex account and play again without doing again all the progression ? I did contact EB, EA, GCC and PBBans, each of them told me to see that with the others... but no way to have any technical informations about this :/

    I wille not die because of not be able to play BF3, but it's a pain in the **** because it's the only game I find fun time to time !!

    Any help would be welcome, though !

    Dude your banned. The is no lifting of bans on the anti hack sites. These are not server sided bans. But a new account and deal with it.
  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RhodeTrip wrote: »
    81666 looks like the latest wave of false positives. There are lots

    Why should it be a false/positive? Because there are "so many" bans? Lol, when one of the big cheat providers gets detected, it looks the same or more. I know which cheat provider this ban code belongs to but I am not allowed (forum rules) to say this here. This is no false/positive

    I also think it is no false/positive.

    Even if this Code belongs to some banwave of one of the big cheat providers, if there even are ones that provide updates to this point, you are straight up naive to think everybody who comes here searching for the reason they got banned in a game from 2011 is lying. Why would they? The game costs about 5€ so everybody can just buy another copy and cheat on lmao.

    It is not about the money. It is always about the credibility in clans and inbetween friends.

    The only reason im complaining is because i put a massive amount of time in this game and it is in no way fair to get this taken away from me for no other reason than a **** anicheat detecting whatever the **** it wants. Punkbuster couldnt detect cheats when this game was new

    That is not true.
    and im pretty sure it cant now.

    They still do detect cheats. As you can see in this banwave. Triing to blame the Antihacks for being banned just looks like the standard procedure in hoping not to loose the credibility in a clan etc.. But be honest to yourself: All your friends are unsure about your skills already and you will probably never gain back their full trust.
    I for my part did not cheat in BF3 in all my 1k+ hours on multiple accounts and still got banned on my main account 2 days ago

    I do not believe this at all.

    It doesn't matter what you think or believe.
    There have been false detections since the start of the game, thats a fact.
    I don't know wether you even know how anticheats like punkbuster work and what they do to detect cheaters but i guess you don't.
    With signature-based cheat detection there is always a chance to detect something where there really is nothing to detect in the first place.
    In the early days you could spam well crafted strings into chat and get everyone receiving the message banned, so there is that.
    Even newer systems like fairfight and whatever COD-Bo4 is using ( i guess trey arch anti-cheat) do detect false positives from time to time.

    Your point of me losing any kind of credibility is just so wrong i dont know where to start. Im not that active in BF3 anymore. I have like 10 active players in my FL and they either know that i wasn't cheating or are just acquaintances i don't really care about in the first place.

    To get this wrapped up:
    - AntiCheats aren't foolproof
    - Try not to judge to fast about things you dont have enough information to form an informed opinion
  • Zookex
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I just come to share my experience, I got banned in september 2018 along with dozen players for 81660 multihack despite I never used hack. I tried to contact evenbalance and I got an automatic answer, like all the other people who tried, and I didn't get unbanned. In fact, there is few chance you get anything comfortable...
  • FLYlNGRAbB1T
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It doesn't matter what you think or believe.

    Well it matters a lot because I know quite much about these topics. You just seem to be ignorant and your post looks very arrogant when you say that.
    There have been false detections since the start of the game, thats a fact.
    Never said that there have been no false detection by an anticheat.
    I don't know wether you even know how anticheats like punkbuster work and what they do to detect cheaters but i guess you don't.
    Well better luck next time. Guess again. Just an idea: Try asking people before you judge them. You seem to think that everything you say is correct. Nobody is perfect and that counts for you and for me.
    ( i guess trey arch anti-cheat)
    You should try guessing less and being sure more with having a with proof.
    Your point of me losing any kind of credibility is just so wrong i dont know where to start. Im not that active in BF3 anymore. I have like 10 active players in my FL and they either know believe that i wasn't cheating or are just acquaintances i don't really care about in the first place.
    I corrected your post here. These are not reasons at all for being not afraif of loosing credibility.
    To get this wrapped up:
    - AntiCheats aren't foolproof
    Maybe the only thing that is right in your post.
    - Try not to judge to fast about things you dont have enough information to form an informed opinion
    Same for you. How can you be sure that all these bans are false/positives? I would be happy about a real source that is proofing that I am wrong/that the bans are false detections. If you can find a Website saying that Punkbuster agreed they made a mistake in this case I am happy to correct myself on the topic that this is no false detction but just the attempt of hackers to convince the anti hacks made false detections for trying to not lose their credibility.
  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well it matters a lot because I know quite much about these topics. You just seem to be ignorant and your post looks very arrogant when you say that.
    What I meant was, that is doesn't matter since the banned people are already banned and nothing is going to change that. Neither me knowing i had no cheats, nor you thinking some people did. In fact i never said all those bans are false positives, how could I?, since evenbalance doesnt disclose to much about the bans.(Or I dont know where to look for it)
    Never said that there have been no false detection by an anticheat.
    But you are assuming that everyone that got banned was cheating?
    You should try guessing less and being sure more with having a with proof.

    Does it really matter what the name of the current COD AntiCheat is?
    I corrected your post here. These are not reasons at all for being not afraif of loosing credibility.
    Losing credibility doesnt seem to be an angst that cheaters share with you: recent case of twitch streamer caught cheating
    Again I never said all of the bans are false positives. I came here stating that i think mine is. I dont know about any of the other cases, I only know mine.
  • iamadeadpixel
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member


    ok, let me hop in here to.

    it did not happen to me, but to someone i play a lot with, in our group we had some ideas about it, he says spotting,spotting,but when on TS3 he made the mistake to say that xx players are comming from a sertain direction (while they are not visible in the minimap)

    5 days ago the guy got this message, its translated from german:

    connection to server disconnected: you got kicked by punkbuster (reason: punkbuster permanent ban issued for on this game for player '<playername>' GLOBAL punkbuster GUID BAN <last few digits of his pbguid> )

    ANY,but ANY BF3 server he tries get kicked out.

    He even received a error from EA that he needs to reconfirm his BF3 account.

    but on BF4 he can play !

    so, i dont know how or what, but in my thinking, a PBGUID is the same for all games, so how can he play BF4 ?




  • heksone101
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Got banned too for no reason (im not interested if anyone believe i cheated)!I think they just kick us cause they know we are playing 6 and more years and wont buy their new crap.Just killing the game slowly!Sure never EA,Origin,PB again!
  • StarscreamUK
    7307 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You think they ban you just for playing bf3?

    <- not banned, still plays
  • Andy89DK
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone affected by this, please contact @andy89dk on Twitter.
  • HiyaHiyaCthulhu
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2
    You think they ban you just for playing bf3?

    <- not banned, still plays

    The only reasons I can think of for these random banwaves are either incompetence (most likely), OR they are trying to inflate the numbers of bans to get their statistics to look good for future potential customers (less likely).

    I could totally imagine them thinking "hmm we've lost our major games, lets show everyone how many people we're banning in these old titles no one cares about to make ourselves look good".

    Tinfoil hat aside and like I said before, I'm not doubting that alot of the bans are legit, it is just that some people who aren't cheating are getting hit in the crossfire, which is terrible.


  • THCgenWHORE
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also got a BANN from Pb for i dont know what reason man! i got like 1200h on my bf3 and i also have bf4 and now all of the sudden i cant play both games,.WTF is this ! i bought both games premium and thats not cheap,,and now all of the sudden i cant play both of my fav.games?! wtf  i contacted EA ,,they said,,i should contact evebalance so i did,,4 weeks ago,,no answer at all,,nothing,,i send them 4 emails and i got no reply! im so pissed i cant even tell or comment how. EA support said,,conntact evebalance,,but there is no reply,,,but?! i bought both games premium and thats over 100 eur and evebalance or PB punks didnt made this game,,i didnt buy from PB but from EA and now what?! no response no nothing,,and what now?! if i ever buy example,,bf hardline,,witch i wont,,but still,,if i buy it or BF1 would i still get the bann or not?! or some other game i dont care, i just want to know,but i dont get a response from NO ONE! And this is rly insane man! And if i dont get a reply,,i wont buy a single game from EA from now on ! This is sick what they are doing,,im a F BF veteran pleyer,,i played all from bf 1942 till Bf4 and for what?! and i bought all of them,,even the premium,,omfg
  • StarscreamUK
    7307 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Bf1 doesn't use punk buster.

    Why have you got 2 forum accounts?
  • iLikeFPS
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I just tried joining a Battlefield 3 Server, after not having played for a few days, and as it was "loading level," it exited back to the web browser server list saying:   

    "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player '[private]' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 071506ff"

    What THE HELL?  I've never cheated, don't know how to, and would never cheat.  How is it falsely detecting me of something I never did?  It still keeps me unjustly banned after I used https://www.evenbalance.com 's PunkBuster Update app (PBSetup v3.8).  I wrote an appeal with evenbalance, but have not received a reply yet.  What can I do to make them fix this problem?  Report to the Better Business Bureau or what?  I paid full price for this game too! 
  • volumin
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, now I'm pissed. I just tried to join a game and got this: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'volumin' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 57f8dc8a".

    I read all the topic and it seems a lot of people have this problem and what? Can't do anything? That's all? After 8 years of playing the best game in the world I got screwed for no reason and that's it? I don't understand it. Is there anything anyone can do with that?
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    It's very unfair but there is nothing you can do about it, don't waste your time. Just remember not to buy anything from companies that don't care about their clients.
Sign In or Register to comment.