Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• ISFDexter33
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    theblixer said:
    So I've just received my second GUID ban on BF3...one thing I've noticed is both my bans came after a big Origin program update.  I thought it was really suspicious the first time, right after an update...but now I'm convinced it was an Origin update that caused it.  It's too much of a coincidence for it to happen twice in exactly the same way.

I'm on a new laptop, a new EA account and a strong password.  I've bought BF3 twice now and this time expansion packs.  I want a refund from EA/Origin.
    for a strange case of things did you use an email linked to your old account or did you use some peripherals that were on the previous computer?
    did you use same nickname? same credit card?
    same internet line?
    one of these problems could be the cause of your last gloable ban as they are linked to your old account previously banned.
  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    theblixer said:
    So I've just received my second GUID ban on BF3...one thing I've noticed is both my bans came after a big Origin program update.  I thought it was really suspicious the first time, right after an update...but now I'm convinced it was an Origin update that caused it.  It's too much of a coincidence for it to happen twice in exactly the same way.

I'm on a new laptop, a new EA account and a strong password.  I've bought BF3 twice now and this time expansion packs.  I want a refund from EA/Origin.
    for a strange case of things did you use an email linked to your old account or did you use some peripherals that were on the previous computer?
    same internet line?
    one of these problems could be the cause of your last gloable ban as they are linked to your old account previously banned.

Since these bans are Punkbuster bans the same Email, Creditcard and even the internet line should not matter. Why would ea even relay most of these information to evenbalance in the first place. The same creditcard is hardly a reason to ban someone( bulk orders)...

This is clearly a case of false behaviour of punkbuster and nothing else. But since evenbalance doesnt give us any information about the bans noone can be sure what causes the ban. Could be everything from a specific driver to a specific windows version or just some random background service running while playing bf3
  • ISFDexter33
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    theblixer said:

same internet line?

Since these bans are Punkbuster bans the same Email, Creditcard and even the internet line should not matter. Why would ea even relay most of these information to evenbalance in the first place. The same creditcard is hardly a reason to ban someone( bulk orders)...

This is clearly a case of false behaviour of punkbuster and nothing else. But since evenbalance doesnt give us any information about the bans noone can be sure what causes the ban. Could be everything from a specific driver to a specific windows version or just some random background service running while playing bf3

precisely for this reason I said that a connected email or the same IP address, hardware component could also signal to punkbuster that it is an account previously prohibited from playing and therefore forbids you despite the conduct.
    in fact, as you say, these are false prohibitions that punkbuster freely gives to the players, the reasons that I have given in this post can also be true but no one can say it in fact
    are guesses but could someone inform EA_dice that we need information that punkbuster does not provide?

Question A Guid global ban only permanently bans a game key?
    hardware ban so what bans?
    also why punkbuster informs the players that to return to play the only possibility is to buy a new CD key with a new Guid?
    and why once I bought a new guid CD key did the guid ban come back to me again for 2 more times on different accounts?

EA_DICE can you explain this to me?
  • NASTY_QUADSCHNA
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 16
    theblixer said:

same internet line?

precisely for this reason I said that a connected email or the same IP address, hardware component could also signal to punkbuster that it is an account previously prohibited from playing and therefore forbids you despite the conduct.
    in fact, as you say, these are false prohibitions that punkbuster freely gives to the players, the reasons that I have given in this post can also be true but no one can say it in fact
    are guesses but could someone inform EA_dice that we need information that punkbuster does not provide?

Question A Guid global ban only permanently bans a game key?
    hardware ban so what bans?
    also why punkbuster informs the players that to return to play the only possibility is to buy a new CD key with a new Guid?
    and why once I bought a new guid CD key did the guid ban come back to me again for 2 more times on different accounts?

EA_DICE can you explain this to me?

I think the bans are coming back even on a new GUID because they get triggered again by the same thing that triggered them before. To make sure youd have to switch systems, OSes, installed software and so on. Thats exactly why i didnt invest in another key. It just doesnt make sense to start over again every 2 weeks... Hopefully venice unleashed gets playable soon so we wont have to deal with this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ any longer. I have requested all the data evenbalance has on me to see if there is something usefull in there... I guess there isnt't. Didnt get a real answer yet though. Just an email stating they received my ticket

EDIT:
    Since dexter asked: I generated a data access request via https://www.datarequests.org/generator and sent it to evenbalance via their ticket system since i couldnt find a support email address thats not noreply

Post edited by NASTY_QUADSCHNA on
  • HannoLO22
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited January 20
    theblixer said:
    So I've just received my second GUID ban on BF3.

I never heard of a third ban. You just have to buy it once more!
    XD
  • ApathyOverdose
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    HannoLO22 said:
    theblixer said:
    So I've just received my second GUID ban on BF3.

I never heard of a third ban. You just have to buy it once more!
    XD

I got banned three times, lol.
  • TNT_Community_de
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    @ApathyOverdose
    You're not alone ;) I know 2 more guys who got banned 3 times.

Still nothing has changed about the false positive bans of Punkbuster for more than 2 years now.
    More and more servers are running without Punkbuster now and they are still ranked.
    We for example run 4 servers without Punkbuster for quite a while now.

Join our Discord and ask for more if you're interested how to run a server without Punkbuster for example.
    We also have a section about the false positives and links to servers without Punkbuster.
  • ApathyOverdose
     TNT_Community_de
    Yes, thanks, I know you used to run 3 servers, and now, as I see, there are already 5 of them. But how do you deal with cheaters?
  • TNT_Community_de
    @ApathyOverdose
    There are plugin based anti cheat possibilities which you can customize.
    We also work together with other communities.
  • ApathyOverdose
    edited January 26
    @TNT_Community_de

Thanks. I will try as time permits.
  • HannoLO22
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    @ApathyOverdose
    There are plugin based anti cheat possibilities which you can customize.
    We also work together with other communities.

We(=I) do need a metro server. metro conquest. at best with explosives limit.
  • ApathyOverdose
    @HannoLO22
    I would say without explosives at all, except for smoke grenades. When playing on the servers with enabled explosives, I usually experience terrible headaches and flickering in my eyes. :)
  • TNT_Community_de
    @HannoLO22 @ApathyOverdose

If someone is willed to finance it I'm willed to run one ^^
  • HannoLO22
    @HannoLO22
    I would say without explosives at all, except for smoke grenades. When playing on the servers with enabled explosives, I usually experience terrible headaches and flickering in my eyes. :)
    no explosives means that if a team camps hard you cant break through. i played this map 3000h, i saw it.

• ApathyOverdose
    @HannoLO22
    With explosives this is even more true. Just permanent grenade spam, which creates an impenetrable barrier. Those few who manage to break through are killed immediately.

P.S. It seems to be an offtopic here.