Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• volumin
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm just curious how they decide to ban someone. Clearly they don't have any evidence, coz I have never used any cheats. Maybe there was a noob in charge that I killed too many times and got mad :)

Anyways, It's so sad that EA treats us players like that. I love(d) BF3, the best game. But now I won't buy anything from them and will tell everyone I know not to buy their games ever. Thank you very much.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. Ea didn't ban you.
    2. Only even balance can issue the global guid ban, not a n00b that you killed too many times.
  • volumin
    1. I don't care who banned me. I pay for the game and can't play it. It's their fault.
    2. There is no response from even balance. If EA cared for their clients (hahaha), there would be no situations like that. EA's fault.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You can play the game. You can play on servers without punk buster.

• volumin
    You can save your time and not troll, ok? This is serious. Why I have to suffer when I did nothing wrong?
  • StarscreamUK
    Look, Im not trolling you Im stating facts from a legal standpoint.

You CAN still play the game.  Thats fact.

• harry0ld
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Yeah it's always good to have a fly-by-night company like Evenbalance to pin all the fault to. Punkbuster is the anticheat for Battlefield 3 which is an EA's game. If Punkbuster cannot be trusted anymore, EA should take appropriate steps.

@StarscreamUK Please, at least stop telling people that *technically they can still play the game*. I assume you enjoy playing campaign, coop or running around on those ten empty servers without PB.
  • Polyextremophile
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So it seems I am not alone. 

Of course, I don't expect anybody to belive me, yet there are many of us in the same situation. I've never hacked in BF3, or any other game for that matter. Still, I've been served with a global ban from PunkBuster. Upon asking why, I've only been been issued the standard message like others in this thread. My account security is pretty tight, so I have a hard time believing that someone has stolen my account and hacked with it. The only other possibillity is that I've been banned unfairly. And for all it's worth: Why in the name of santa would I cheat? I've spent a lot of money, and over 600 hours into this game. Why would I risk losing it all? I challenge anyone to visit my battlelog profile and see for themselves. 

I've signed the petition, I've done what I can. I am sorry for all you guys out there in the same situation. And most of all - it sucks that EAs collaborator effectively and without reason can revoke a product I've invested such an amount of money and time into. 
  • volumin
    I had 1600+ hours, so imagine how I feel right now...

I've seen many cheaters that haven't been banned, their software is simply a crap. Is there any chance we could make a lawsuit or something? Because I know there is no evidence Even Balance can have. And if they show something, it's 100% fabricated.
  • StarscreamUK
    Don't discuss lawsuits as that will instantly close this thread.
  • Polyextremophile
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yeah Volumin I feel ya, that really sucks. Though I think it's a bit harsh to say that "there is no evidence Even Balance can have. And if they show something, it's 100% fabricated." Their evidence is that the PunBuster-software has reported something. The question is if the software actually has caught someone cheating, or just been interfered with. 

From my first support ticket:
    "The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban".

So after reading the rest of the message I can deduce the following:
    1. My account has not been compromised, and I have not shared it. This means I'm responsible for what caused the trigger.
    2. Since I have never cheated in any online game, which means it can't be true that my account has been used for hacking. 
    3. Since nobody have cheated with my account - this ban is a false positive. 

I'm no expert, but to me it seems that the punkbuster client flips out if it thinks some other program tries to interfere with it. I suppose that can mean antivirus-programs or other programs can actually trigger PB. I asked EvenBalance about this and got the following answer:

"We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know. 
    Otherwise, I'm sorry, but a new GUID is required in order to play on PB enabled servers once again. 
    A new Cdkey and new account are needed in order to acquire a new GUID."

If there's anybody clever who could solve this, that would be really cool! But this might prove difficult, since PB has a hefty delay put in just so that the hacker cannot easily see which part of a hack that triggered the ban. But if somebody know something, that would be fantastic. 
    Cheers 
  • Sneaky_Heli
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 26
    Hi all Battlefielders,

So I logged on one day recently to have a blast around a BF3 Server that has been hosting Premium Maps for a while, a change is as good as a holiday and those maps are great. All was behaving as expected as my PC started loading maps until THIS flashed up on the toolbar below the Sever screen -

""Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Sneaky_Heli' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN a41***28 "

I thought .... wtf?!? and tried to log into other BF3 servers with the same message appearing over and over ....... what the hell was going on?
    So I made my way to the Punk Buster site and they had an announcement up stating global bans have nothing to do with them and that anyone having this issue is to follow a hyperlink to some other mob called "Even-Balance" and lodge a Trouble Ticket ........... so I did

---- Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

I tried to log on to a server and was disconnected multiple time with the message

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Sneaky_Heli' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN a41***28 "

This is against me in error ... I do not hack nor do I know how to hack. Please remove this Global Ban ASAP or email me with why you have done this to me. ThankyouI tried to log on to a server and was disconnected multiple time with the message

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Sneaky_Heli' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN a41***28 "

This is against me in error ... I do not hack nor do I know how to hack. Please remove this Global Ban ASAP or email me with why you have done this to me. Thankyou

* 2 days later I received an "automated message" containing a hyperlink to my ticket so I clicked on it thinking someone had actioned my Trouble Ticket

---- Note #2: I recieved an email pointing me to here - Any update?

* No answer to be seen, however, the next day, someone called Alex J DID answer as I saw 3 days after

---- Note #3: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID.

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

* So I responded

---- Note #4: This is outrageous behaviour. I pay for a game and then some third party software company declares some sort of issue and removes my ability to play a game I have bought in good faith. You have NO RIGHT to interfer with my use of a piece of software I own
    Lets see what lawyers think of your behaviour and slanderous hackusations

* The next day, Alex J replied

----- Note #5: We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detections. If you think you have found a specific program that causes a false detection please let us know.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, but a new GUID is required in order to play on PB enabled servers once again.

A new Cdkey and new account are needed in order to acquire a new GUID.

* So I responded

---- Note #6: Sounds like a crooked attempt to make money to me ... you people are crooks and I'll be making my feelings known to the makers of Battlefield that they allow you people to destroy players games

* I have yet to receive a response to my last comment to Even-Balance, nor do I expect to receive one

These people ADMIT that they have no proof any hacking was done by me or done by someone else on my PC or that I must have given my GUID to someone so that THEY could hack the game ... and that they have no proof of that either! ..... what outrageous abitrary *violation removed*!! ..... yet they are paid by Dice to behave in this manner. What really got my goat was their SMUG reply that I need to go buy the game again if I wanted to continue to play as they don't give a toss if people are swept up in "false positives" as they swashbuckle their way around the servers .... well *violation removed* Even-Balance and *violation removed* Dice for employing this debacle of a anti-hack system

That a third-party software company can randomly BAN me ( or any other random ) from partaking in the enjoyment I get from playing BF3 ( yes, I know it's old, but that doesn't make it bad ) is highly offencive. I have always been loyal to the Battlefield Series ( 1942, 3, 4, 1 ) and was on the verge of purchasing a couple of copies of Battlefield V for my son and I when this *violation removed* occurred. This event has put a nasty taste in my mouth and Dice have lost me as a customer forever, I know I am not the only one to have been treated like a hacker by Even-Balance ( else PB would not have the need to post a hyperlink to EB it must be that common ) so I suggest EVERYONE STOP BUYING DICE PRODUCTS until this online piracy of banning players for no good reason is dealt with else YOU TOO run the risk of being randomly banned from playing and will have thrown your hard-earned cash down the toilet.  Social media is a very powerful tool and I'll be spreading my message far and wide.

Have a good day everyone and happy hunting ........... ELSEWHERE :)

Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • StarscreamUK
    I presume you are talking about pbbans.  That is NOT punkbuster, nor an official site.  Thats a third party site that takes violation kicks and uses their own plugin to make those into bans.  Thats why they sent you to evenbalance, because thats the official punkbuster site.
  • oJeeQuan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted to play BF3 but I got a nice surprise :) , Even Balance banned me Violation: Violation (MULTIHACK) #73004 lol really multihax?
    they answered me the same generic answer:

The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID. 

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

"We banned you, be we legit have no proofs :)" , I never cheated, I legit love this game lol I would never risk to cheat! my game report on battlelog seems normal, my stats are legits, nobody hacked my EA account so far.. I hope.

I asked them if they were any local history file in my C: program folder to prove that im not cheater, im waiting for their answer now.
  • harry0ld
    @oJeeQuan Most likely you won't get any answer.
  • oJeeQuan
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @harry0ld Yep im pretty sure too

Im gonna get a new copy of the game if I get no answers, if I ask to EA to delete BF3 of my library then buy it again on my account will I still be ban on it ?
  • harry0ld
    @oJeeQuan Ban is tied to your account, you would need to rebuy bf3 on different account. However there is no guarantee you won't be banned again as noone knows for sure what causes those false positives. But yeah you can try, Im sure ea will gladly take your money again.
  • ISFDexter33
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    If in the past you used a hack with a previous key your computer could still be considered a computer that does hacking, so any future key you will buy will be banned globally by punkbuster.
    I know this situation well since in 2014 I made use of cheats on the first battlefield 3 account, punkbuster gave me a global ban rightly but the assistant told me that in order to return to play I would have to buy a new key, in 2016 I got a new bf3 key with another premium key, after about 400 hours of punkbuster gameplay found me guilty of another violation and therefore gave me a global ban with no valid reason as hacks weren't used on my computer, although I had not used illegal pramma evenbalance never raised my Global ban, In 2018 I tried again to buy a Bf3 premium limited edition and after 100 hours I received a new global ban again this time without using hacks.
    In some of these accounts I have a battlefield 4 with all the maps and some maps of Bf1 and I stopped playing because I am afraid of receiving other free global bans.
    Here is the following from the PPBANS website:

The cost of hacking on PunchBuster servers has just gone up significantly. PunkBuster now computes Hardware GUIDs for various pieces of hardware on players systems while playing on PunkBuster servers. We use multiple private one-way hashes so that there is no serial number for individual computers can be determined by admitting to anyone else who may try to obtain this information from a hardware GUID (and as always, no personal information of any kind is examined, stored or transmitted by PunkBuster).

When players raise a breach that corresponds to hacking or interfering with PunkBuster's normal operation, we now (in addition to Global PB GUID bans) are Globally banning the new Hardware GUIDs across all games supported by PunkBuster (including games supported in future). So punks who are determined to cheat so badly on PB-enabled servers that they try to hack PunkBuster may now need a new computer in addition to a new cdkey in order to return to PunkBuster servers. As with previous PB GUID Global bans, the new Hardware GUID bans are permanent and will not be lifted. As always, players who are affected by these problems.

Honest users should never "test" hacks that claim to interfere with PunkBuster. Set up the last few weeks for a few supported games over the next few days and weeks. Additionally, PunkBuster servers will be updated to sign whether or not they are for PB GUIDs or the new Hardware GUIDs.

in what you read is that if punkbuster notifies you of a global ban you may in the future have other bans if you use that computer or if you use connected emails.
    When I received the first global ban the punkbuster assistant never talked about this, in fact he told me that I could play by buying new keys and making a new account as long as I had never used illegal programs.
    All this was met with 3 battlefield 3 premium and battlefield 4 premium accounts, but despite this I was also banned.
    how do we want to call all this? fraud? mafia?.
    Finally, the EA has never helped me to resolve this situation with both local and American support, on the internet there is no e-mail or phone to talk to an EA manager about this whole story, I would have a lot of material to send to the EA but the EA leaves no direct contact to its customers !.
    COngratulations. GG!

• StarscreamUK
    "I know this situation well since in 2014 I made use of cheats on the first battlefield 3 account, punkbuster gave me a global ban rightly but the assistant told me that in order to return to play I would have to buy a new key, in 2016 I got a new bf3 key with another premium key, after about 400 hours of punkbuster gameplay found me guilty of another violation and therefore gave me a global ban with no valid reason as hacks weren't used on my computer, although I had not used illegal pramma evenbalance never raised my Global ban, In 2018 I tried again to buy a Bf3 premium limited edition and after 100 hours I received a new global ban again this time without using hacks."

You dont have to be using them, having them on the system is enough.  Even if you delete them, are you certain you removed all trace.  Easiest solution dont cheat.
  • ISFDexter33
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    "I know this situation well since in 2014 I made use of cheats on the first battlefield 3 account, punkbuster gave me a global ban rightly but the assistant told me that in order to return to play I would have to buy a new key, in 2016 I got a new bf3 key with another premium key, after about 400 hours of punkbuster gameplay found me guilty of another violation and therefore gave me a global ban with no valid reason as hacks weren't used on my computer, although I had not used illegal pramma evenbalance never raised my Global ban, In 2018 I tried again to buy a Bf3 premium limited edition and after 100 hours I received a new global ban again this time without using hacks."

You dont have to be using them, having them on the system is enough.  Even if you delete them, are you certain you removed all trace.  Easiest solution dont cheat.

I restored the computer 4 times in the factory image, as the last 2 global bans I have not used and I have no cheat on the system.
    the strange thing is that in these last 2 bf3 premium accounts, I had unexpected disconnections from the servers, and I had no punkbuster notifications in my battlelog, when in both cases I received the global bans without using cheat I made the punkbuster log and I found Punbuster B errors: [12.08.2018 03:20:37] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed
    [12.18.2018 20:19:36] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed
    [12.22.2018 04:13:12] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed
    [12.22.2018 04:47:31] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed
    [12.25.2018 02:50:39] Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed
    [12.25.2018 23:36:57] GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 27ec +++ a
    [12.31.2018 00:18:15] GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 27ec +++ a,
    last week something even stranger happened when I contacted EA help to get advice, I tried to enter the servers with pb and I played quietly for a couple of hours, the following day the same global ban was active again.
    in all this I had to stop playing bf4 for fear of receiving a global ban and I don't know if in a second time I was also made a global for bf4, but before all this happened to me with bf3, I played for at least 1 year with bf4 and 400 hours with bf3 premium without ever having had any prohibition,
    then I took another bf3 limited premium again and again another ban. all this without ever having used or having them in the system.