Weekly BF

Master Discussion Thread For BF3 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• Shadownes
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 22
    You dont know how many bans they lift, because they dont tell anyone unless its a wave

Not sure about that. You can list lifted bans on pbbans.com. There was 1 in 2018, 1 in 2017 and 1 in 2016 ... That leaves 4'240 lifted BF3 bans for 2011-2015. Don't tell me they still care, lol.
    PBbans.com has nothing to do with Punkbuster / Evenbalance itself. PBbans.com is a 3rd party anti-cheat system that servers uses within their plugins, the same thing goes for GGC Stream plugins. 
    StarscreamUK is right, Evenbalance does not share any info what so ever, either when it comes to unbanned accounts. 
  • D4rkWin9Duck
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Due to a lot of unjustified bans by Punkbuster the TNT Community is testing a BF3 ranked server without Punkbuster ! http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/pc/c0992dc0-5477-481c-aefe-2b0e0ad2f392
    ---> Just got Punkbuster banned today. 5 days after telling in here about this NO PUNKBUSTER server ^^
  • Muffinsmasher
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'K-DubCollier' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 18c53b10"

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/pc/29960a17-add4-46d7-b274-5171e8fb9549/BACK-2-KARKAND-CONQ-NO-LAG/

Is the link to the server I'm banned from. Yes I realize it says I must appeal to the admin of a given server.. But I was not manually banned (it was PunkBuster), also there doesn't seem to be a way to find the admin of the server now that I am banned for it.. So I'm just going to post here & state my reason.

I assume it must be from using ReShade/SweetFX (which everywhere it said was safe to use). I've used it fine recently on many server with PunkBuster on, & it has not banned me. I literally only use it for the "vibrance" filter just to add some extra color a) because I have a terrible video card, & b) because I just want to add a little color to help the game not seem so washed-out from age. This has been fine until recently, that is all I can think of as I am not breaking the rules in any other imaginable way. Also, I thought a white-list was added for ReShade? Also, isn't PunkBuster designed to ban for the same reasons for a given game universally without different parameters for certain servers? Why has this only happened on this PunkBuster enabled server & not others? Please reply if you can help.. Thanks.

• Shadownes
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 23
    Muffinsmasher, even if you assume it was ReShade/SweetFX that triggered your ban, you cannot know for sure. These ban codes that we all get is only Evenbalance that knows of. 
    Bans related to hardwares is posible but again we / you don't know for sure. 
    I'm sorry to say this, but you are stuck like the rest of us in here with Questions that will never get an answer from. 
    We are alot in here that have gotten false positive banned and the only solution is to buy a new copy of Bf3 / new origin account. 
    I myself is waiting for a answer from Evenbalance for what's really going on about this situation we all are having. 
    It's unlkely we will ever get a proper responds from Evenbalance themself, we all have gotten same copy / paste replies over and over again. As D4rkWin9Duck mentioned TNT has given the support and opportunity to create a server without Punkbuster where you actually can join their server. The link given in the topic (page 5 and 6), click on that, head over to their Discord channel and explain your situation to them and read their announcement / news / support. Admins are online and should provide help if needed.
  • z0mbieland
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sad to say I am part of this group as well.

ERROR
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'z0mbieland' (for 0 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #88004

Been playing the series since 02' walked away from the series a few years back and recently came back to it. Started playing bf3 again with some friends and I was on a server and blue screened. I don't think the servers crashed but I did a few times in one evening a buddy of mine said could be related to the false positive. I put in a appeal but from reading this thread doesn't seem like anything will happen.

Really seems there should be a better way. In over 20 years of playing online I have never been accused or banned for cheating. I've competed in CAL, TWL,OGL none of my guids have ever had an issue at any time until now. I have a clean 15 year old steam account. A youtibe channel with hundreds of videos of my gameplay. 

Please just fix this.

• Fl4me_f0r_F4m3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Fl4me_f0r_F4m3' (for 5 minutes) ... Violation (GAMEHACK) #88004

can t play fix this **** last days i play a lot nad now this!!!!!!
  • harry0ld
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Well, EA is perfectly fine with refering banned people to EB and EB's bots are perfectly fine with sending to all affected people the same message that either they're cheaters or their accounts has been compromised. Bold of you to assume that any of those companies is interested in fixing that problem.

Don't buy any more games from companies that treat their customers in such a way and spread the word. It's not gonna do any particular financial harm to them but its worh to do it as a matter of principle.
  • Shadownes
    Let's not start blaming EA for the false positive bans here. 
    As been said alot of times by moderators and others, EA has nothing to do with Evenbalance / Punkbuster. I doubt that EA thinks this is a funny situation.
    Normally we wouldn't sit here and talk about our bans due to the fact it wasn't allowed here on the forum. So let's just keep it in a good tone in here. We are all here for the same reason(s), the more people that posts their false positive bans, the more "hype" this topic gets in order to get it pushed further (which I hope), but again only time will tell. 

• Vydriprdel
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Well since Evenbalance doesnt care about it, EA should step in, so yeah i will blame EA same way like Evenbalance. This topic has 0 authority here and only moderators comment here without any actual power to do something about it. 

Dont take me wrong, i appreciate the master thread here, but i feel like it isnt going to do anything with it, unless EA steps in.
  • HiyaHiyaCthulhu
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    I was banned on my second account less than a month after purchasing it (I didnt reformat my pc in between bans), so be careful about buying a new account willy nilly if you wanna play again. If youre serious about playing BF3 again you should probably reformat your PC before doing so, otherwise the same unknown program might trigger another ban almost instantly, like it did for me.

I would gladly pay the 5-10€ for a new bf3 acc if I had some sort of guarantee that I wouldnt get randomly banned but I have to much **** on my PC I want to keep, and I cant really be **** reformatting just for a few hours of bf3 per week.

JackFrags has recently started playing bf3 again, and Im semi-hoping for him to get randomly banned so that this problem gets some proper attention.
  • HannoLO22
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I did open a ticket at the evenbalance homepage, but after one month still no answer.
    The service is dead! I tell you guys one thing.
    When an antivirus-like application isnt supported then more and more other applications will curse falls errors.
    I think this is what happens here.

And if i cant play the old classic games anymore, because of that, and the new ones are dead very soon (like Hardline, Titanfall, Starwars), then i got zero reason to buy another game of them anymore.

• D4rkWin9Duck
    Unfortunately it's useless to appeal for unban at Punkbuster since these false bans are already going for months.
    There are a few servers in Battlelog without Punkbuster which are ranked.
    Another good news is that there will be released a mod named Venice Unleashed which will be a better BF3 without Punkbuster.
    It will bring 120Hz servers, Map editor and more.
  • Zickenzoff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    on 26.07 I have been banned - reason "Game Hack" . I swear for everything what i could. There is no absolutely no Cheat or anything else I have used. No reason for it.... I don t know the reason for banning. I have contacted evenbalance because EA wouldn t help me - I read it in a forum. But there is noone who helps me to repair this fault.  I am not sure if i would use any longer Products from... if there is noone who can help .... I wouldn t call it "Good Product Policy" - Or is there anyone from EA or from Evenbalance to help me. My ticket (second) hasn t been answered.
  • D4rkWin9Duck
    @Zickenzoff @everyone who was false banned

Some of our members and a lot of friends were banned multiple times already and lately I got a ban as well.
    Because of these unjustified bans we quit our cheat streamings and switched off Punkbuster.

Everyone who is a legit player and got a pb ban can play on our servers.
    Also you can't be Punbuster banned on our servers !

Let's keep BF3 alive !

BF3 Servers without Punkbuster: https://bit.ly/2UbrS58

• Muffinsmasher
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Zickenzoff @everyone who was false banned

Some of our members and a lot of friends were banned multiple times already and lately I got a ban as well.
    Because of these unjustified bans we quit our cheat streamings and switched off Punkbuster.

Everyone who is a legit player and got a pb ban can play on our servers.
    Also you can't be Punbuster banned on our servers !

Let's keep BF3 alive !

BF3 Servers without Punkbuster: https://bit.ly/2UbrS58

I rly appriciate this, never could find any populated servers except one that seldom had players before these. If it weren't for hackers I'd say remove PB from BF3 altogether at this point (or switch anti-cheat providers), but as long as they're well administrated daily we can keep it alive without having out money revoked by the abysmal make-one-auto-ban-algorithm-&-delete-all-ban-appeal-emails Evenbalance ****-stain of a company. I played on these servers already & have noticed no hackers & decent gameplay (a 64 player or CQ Small one would be cool for less vehicle spam, cus all servers have a max of 48 player-cap on large, so that means more vehicles in a wider area with less on-foot soldiers to kill for gunplay reasons, but ye). That's my only critique lol.
  • aRareMonster
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Shadownes said:
    Let's not start blaming EA for the false positive bans here. 
    As been said alot of times by moderators and others, EA has nothing to do with Evenbalance / Punkbuster. I doubt that EA thinks this is a funny situation.
    Normally we wouldn't sit here and talk about our bans due to the fact it wasn't allowed here on the forum. So let's just keep it in a good tone in here. We are all here for the same reason(s), the more people that posts their false positive bans, the more "hype" this topic gets in order to get it pushed further (which I hope), but again only time will tell.

Excuse me for interjecting here. EA IS reponsible, as far as Evenbalance has dropped the ball on people who were illegitimately banned from playing.
    EA allows Evenbalance to provide a solution - Punkbuster - to prevent hacking and cheating. The game is BF, by EA, not EB.
    Customers get blocked, and demand an answer or redress. Third party EB, blocks the customer and does not reply in a timely manner, if at all.
    So, are you telling me that a third party should have the last say in the crippling of a game that was paid for by a customer?
    NO, sir!
    EA still holds all the rights to the BF series. If a de facto add-on cripples a game, EA should tell them to fix it or else update the game to play without it.
    Were it the other way around - EB saying it's an issue that lies with EA - then this would understandable.
    I didn't buy a licence to fiddle with Punkbuster and be kicked by it. I paid my money to EA, and EA is allowing a third party to prevent me from playing for a shady reason. There is no speedy recourse, there is no explanation other than the standard reply format. I for one am still waiting, and willing to wait a little more, but there is a limit to this.
  • ApathyOverdose
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    @aRareMonster ,

I am a pretty lazy person, especially when it comes to writing lengthy messages in a language that is not my native language. :) So for quite some time I was going to write exactly the same thing, but in the end you did it.

You are ABSOLUTELY right that we are all EA users, not PunkBuster. The publisher of the product is obliged to be accountable to his Customers for everything that happens with the product, and it does not matter which of the employees or contractors or any third-party framework developers or compiler or OS manufacturer or computer manufacturer causes this. Depending on how close this third-party factor is to EA, their reaction may be different, but one thing is certain — it MUST be!

They can’t just take it and say "this is not our business, this is not us, this is them." Thus, they relieve themselves of all responsibility for the product that we bought from them, and from no one else.

This would be even more or less clear if the BF were so old a game that its lifecycle and support would end. But this is not so — BF3 and BF4 are still on sale, and without any discounts.

Look what happens: they raise their hands up and say "it's not us", and they are happy to take money from us again and again when we are forced to buy the game again and again.

(Personally, I bought BF3 three times with all the add-ons and unlocks, and less than a month has passed since the last purchase until the next ban. And if I want to play BF3 again without restrictions, then now I have to buy it for the 4th time.)

Good business, right? Bring us your money again and again! Once per month! Like a subscription. :)

We have a very popular stand-up artist here in Russia and one of his works tells about how someone ordered tailoring of a suit in an atelier. When the suit was ready, he came to pick it up and it turned out that the suit was sewn crookedly and poorly. Of course, he began to make complaints against the atelier, and several employees came out to him, each of whom was responsible for one small part of the process. And one of them says, "I sewed buttons — do you have any complaints about buttons?" Another asked, "I sewed on the sleeves — do you have any complaints about the quality of the seams?" And so on.

This story is very old, from the time of the communist USSR around the 1980s, and I never imagined that I would encounter exactly the same situation 30 years after the fall of communism, moreover, in relation to a company from a country with a client-oriented market, where the client is always right.

It would be funny if it were not so sad.

Alex
  • StarscreamUK
    7320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    But you Are evenbalance users, did you read the agreement before clicking OK?  You agreed to them doing this. 
  • HiyaHiyaCthulhu
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited August 5
    But you Are evenbalance users, did you read the agreement before clicking OK?  You agreed to them doing this.

Are you really actually saying this? xD I hope youre being sarcastic right now man.

Anyways, its not like we have a choice if we want to play battlefield, its either accept it or dont play. Like I said before starscream, if you have nothing positive or constructive to add, why say something at all? This just pours more fuel to the fire and makes you look bad.

Edit to fix the quote

Post edited by HiyaHiyaCthulhu on
  • ApathyOverdose
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

Thank you for moving the discussion from a common sense perspective into a legal aspect.

I read both end-user agreements that the user must accept before installing BF3.

So, the Even Balance EULA does not contain anything interesting, it is typical, general, and it has only common words, as usual.

But EA EULA ... You will be surprised, but in it, EA, in legal language, states the following:

- PunkBuster is installed as an anti-cheat software and collects information about third-party applications.

- PunkBuster sends information to EA, not to Even Balance.

- In the event that the game detects an unauthorized third party program, the game (!) may communicate information back to EA (!); and /or EA (!) may exercise any or all of its rights under this agreement, with or without prior notice to the user.

- There is not a single mention of the fact that Even Balance has any separate additional rights and /or performs any separate additional functions and actions.

- Even Balance is mentioned in the text only once, as the developer of PunkBuster, and not as its operator.

Maybe I don’t clearly understand legal English (and who understands it well, are there any such?), but it clearly and unambiguously follows from this agreement that EA uses PunkBuster for its own purposes, as a protective tool for BF3, and in case of detection of unauthorized user actions, EA (and no one else) may carry out any sanctions against the user.

In the context of this agreement, any attempts by EA to relieve itself of responsibility for the actions of PunkBuster and transfer it to Even Balance look insignificant and absolutely illegal.

Alex