Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

StarscreamUK
7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
This thread is the ONLY thread that will be allowed for discussions relating to bans issued on BF3 by Evenbalance. It is not for others to scorn/troll/or bait those banned, if you do that, you will be actioned.
If you create threads elsewhere on this subject they will be closed.

This thread is not an admission of error, or liability on the part of the Moderation team, EA, nor Dice. It is simply a place where those who have been banned can have discussions.

** IT IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST APPEALS **
Appeals posted in this thread will be removed, pure and simple. The forum staff cannot assist with the reasons behind the bans, nor in getting them lifted/reversed.

Your appeal is to the company/site behind the ban.

If it's a global guid, then it would be evenbalance - https://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php
If it's BF4DB, then it would be https://bf4db.com/
If its ACI, then it would be ACI - http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/portal.php
If its GCC then it's GCC - https://www.ggc-stream.net/article/info/whyggc
Finally if it's PBBans then its https://www.pbbans.com/

Server bans that are just on a particular server, you have to appeal to the server admin.

Comments

• Sovereign_Skies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you do not have a global ban, but are banned by BF4DB, then you’re welcome to appeal on our site. Per our revised policies if there’s no other indication of cheating then the ban will be lifted.
  • xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited February 28
    Guess that mysterious ban wave isn't only limited to BF3 and BF4. Almost year ago people were getting banned at Medal of Honor Warfighter. MoHW community was no more than 50-70 players back then. At the september 2018 and december 2018 there were two "massive" ban waves that took out more than a half of remaining players, including two of my accounts, one after another. Other three aren't...for now. Most of banned players were rather poor/average ones, some even helped run our anti-cheat forum. After I got banned I was 100% sure these bans are truckload of BS. More than half of MoHW population banned, after we took care of virtually every single obvious cheater and banned them on our private servers. Some people got new cd keys and guess what? They got banned again at december 2018.
    Couple facts:
    * All banned players were using Win7 or Win8.1 OS, there wasn't single player banned with Win10 OS.
    * Most if not all players had problems with PB before weeks or months before bans: pb kicks seconds after joining server. PB repairs were unsuccessful, in many cases we had to uninstall and install PB again, couple times.
    * Origin client uprage failures. Clicking "update" button haven't been working.

Evenbalance came out with very same answers but after my latest ticket, they seemed to be investigating this case more. Ticket is (was) still open since January.
    P.S. These are Global PB Bans with no violation number.
  • StarscreamUK
    7272 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    A global PB ban is exactly that. Global across ALL punkbuster titles.
  • Andy89DK
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you do not have a global ban, but are banned by BF4DB, then you’re welcome to appeal on our site. Per our revised policies if there’s no other indication of cheating then the ban will be lifted.

If your ban on BF4DB gets lifted what does it help if your name is also present on other ban sites, such as PBBans?
  • StarscreamUK
    edited March 1
    Then you also go to that site and appeal your ban there. pbbans bans are only for servers using the pbbans plugin.
  • II_Thorn_II
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 1
    I understand that when people started to report that there were many topics about punkbuster ban, the moderators got an order to close all topics and open one without moving the closed topics? so closed they will disappear from the main and will not be a problem? in this way, EA deals with a wave of incorrect bans? sweeping under the carpet.
  • StarscreamUK
    You understand incorrectly. Previously bans were not allowed to be discussed on the forum, (since battlelog began), People have still created topics, so we had to close them. This way, a single thread, placed right at the top of the forum and stickied now exists for people to do that without cluttering up the place with locked threads.

The fact it's stickied and at the top of the page is hardly sweeping it under the carpet.
  • HoxRath
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Thank you for the thread. Much appreciated.
  • Shizer_happens
    good luck with evenbalance they customer care is negative 10000% all you get is off Alexj or what ever the scrotes name is "we have nothing more to say on the matter " that's all hes ever said they dont investigate its a simple "your banned deal with it " no wonder evenbalance has such a bad name they really should get rid of punkbuster and use something like valve
  • Lucky_Sleven666
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm reasonably sure all of us unfairly banned and unable to play will never buy anything from EA or anything related to EB. I think that is what they were hoping for and they got it. I try to stay away from scammers and dubious companies like EB and EA. They are getting what they want, to rid the game of all good people and catering to the cheat crowd.
  • glazoornik
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hi, sorry if I picked the wrong thread, but I can't join any bf4 server today - everything was fine until yesterday, today when I join server, I can see deploy screen for like 30 seconds, then I got kicked by punkbuster without any reason or error code. I tried downloading punkbuster again, but that didn't help. What else can I try to do, besides reinstalling the whole game?
  • xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    No "PB is out of date" message? See if you're getting kicked in any other PB -streaming game.
  • StarscreamUK
    join a game from battlelog, it will show the error message, using the new ingame sparta launcher doesnt show the full error message
  • marker_R1a1
    Шёл 2019ый год. После переустановки windows , установки ориджин и непосредсвенно BF4? аошол в профиль и на тебе , выкидывает из всех серверов...ОШИБКА
    Игра отключена: вы были исключены PunkBuster. Указана причина: PunkBuster kicked player 'marker_R1a1' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (MULTIHACK) #71559 Перепробовал все способы, что нашёл в сети, ничего не помогает!!!? (((
  • StarscreamUK
    Шёл 2019ый год. После переустановки windows , установки ориджин и непосредсвенно BF4? аошол в профиль и на тебе , выкидывает из всех серверов...ОШИБКА
    Игра отключена: вы были исключены PunkBuster. Указана причина: PunkBuster kicked player 'marker_R1a1' (for 2 minutes) ... Violation (MULTIHACK) #71559 Перепробовал все способы, что нашёл в сети, ничего не помогает!!!? (((

https://forums.battlefield.com/ru-ru
  • Matros1k
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PunkBuster is dead. I was banned, allegedly for multihack. I did not use cheats. But I bought a new PC and apparently the anti-cheat decided that my GUID was compromised and I was banned. Appeal rejected. Reject absolutely everyone. Problems are with people from different countries (I am from Russia and we have a lot of such bans). I read the forums of other countries and realized that this problem is massive. Sorry for my English, wrote with the help of Google translator.

I think someone should create a petition so that EA will pay attention to the problem and abandon Punkbuster.

• xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    No one at EA is going to do a damn thing about it. They don't care at all. All they care is BFV sales. There's a chance that people after getting banned at BF3, BF4, MOHW will buy new BF. I'd really like to know how many banned players haven't bought BF1 and BFV and kept playing old BF games.
  • USMCss07
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

They could absolutely do something about it. There has been a recent mass issuance of bans by PB (global bans) titled GAME HACK VIOLATION #83018 over the last week. It is the largest mass ban under the same # that I have seen since the huge wave of false positives issued back in 2014 (#81570 & #81576). Those bans were speculated to have something to do with some "overlay"... battlelog? or something... although evenbalance never did say exactly what program had caused the false-positive mass bans. Those 81570 & 81576 bans were subsequently overturned...after MONTHS of people complaining that evenabalance's program had erroneously issued bans to those effected. There were DICE developers that finally got involved and pushed evenbalance to actually do something about their faulty program. Now, here we are today with a similarly coded violation # and mass bans occurring. Without getting to conspiratorial as to the why or what is causing so many known to be legit players being banned: what can EA do about it? I am fairly confident that this is another "overlay" false-positive that has something to do with battlelog's issues these past few weeks. For those that do not know what I am referring to: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/185683/solved-battlelog-unable-to-launch-game#latest

If this wave of bans have indeed been caused by or have resulted from the issues with battlelog, EA must act, as the fault would lie directly with their program for cause.

Another thing that has bothered me since that wave of bans back in 2014: With keeping in line with the legal theories of the EULA and representations thereby; how is it that a third party company, such as evenbalance, contracted by EA/DICE to provide anti-cheat software, can limit the ownership of those whom have paid for the property rights to play the game?

• neftixyz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bans last week in bf3/bf4? hmm strange! me and 5 guys in my platoon got bans in this time. everyone last week !!!

USMCss07 thank you for the information
    I will follow this thread
  • Andy89DK
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone affected by this, please contact @andy89dk on Twitter.