Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• USMCss07
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I do not use twitter or social media. I believe these forums have a messaging application attached. What information do you need?
  • martyboy182
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2019
    Today I've learned that there's a change.org petition for this:

*today you also learned that petitions are not allowed on the forums, and haven't been since day one*

Looks like it could use some more traction.
    Post edited by StarscreamUK on
  • iamadeadpixel
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i dont know what is going on in the battlefield world, but latly more and more of my buddies i play with got banned by a global guid, while they never cheated
    at this moment i am almost to afraid to play my self on BF3 or BF4 ,knowing that there is something wrong with punkbuster randomly hammering players out sayd you got banned for cheating.

• xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Solution is simple, play BFV. If you don't already have it then buy it. Guess that's all about in these BS bans.
  • iamadeadpixel
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BF5 is crap like hell for me, why should i play a game if not even sure there is good active working anti-cheat system, saw enough vids from cheaters just doing point and shoot and kill without know that there was a guy, and with my age i am not in for getting a new stroke out of anger.
  • xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    I fully understand your point. I don't see any reason to play a game I'm not interested in that's also have non-functional/unreliable anticheat system and being made by company whose officials say "cheaters are customers too".

My MP experience with EA products ended with BFH but the only game I was dedicaded 100% was MoHW. We couldn't rely on PB nor EA report system so we took care of cheaters ourselves by running private servers. At the end, more than a half remaining legit players, including me, were globally banned. Some even twice.
  • LeSlick1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    testtt
  • asasn8r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is the ONLY thread that will be allowed for discussions relating to bans issued on BF3 by Evenbalance. It is not for others to scorn/troll/or bait those banned, if you do that, you will be actioned.
    If you create threads elsewhere on this subject they will be closed.

This thread is not an admission of error, or liability on the part of the Moderation team, EA, nor Dice. It is simply a place where those who have been banned can have discussions.

** IT IS NOT THE PLACE TO POST APPEALS **
    Appeals posted in this thread will be removed, pure and simple. The forum staff cannot assist with the reasons behind the bans, nor in getting them lifted/reversed.

Your appeal is to the company/site behind the ban.

If it's a global guid, then it would be evenbalance - https://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php
    If it's BF4DB, then it would be https://bf4db.com/
    If its ACI, then it would be ACI - http://www.anticheatinc.net/forums/portal.php
    If its GCC then it's GCC - https://www.ggc-stream.net/article/info/whyggc
    Finally if it's PBBans then its https://www.pbbans.com/

Server bans that are just on a particular server, you have to appeal to the server admin.
    I understand BUT I got constantly kicked for about 4 days without even knowing the reason for being "Kicked by PunkBuster"  I then spent a week trying to reset BF4, Origin AND PB then someone showed me a link to pbbans. It was only then I realized that I got a Ban by PunkBuster. I opened a trouble ticket and then it took a while to find the information they needed  for my  ticket. Even then I only received generic  follow up looking for more info. The past week they don't even answer me. 

I did not buy a product from them I purchased an EA Game and I did not choose to contract the anti-cheat part Evenbalance did! 

I have been playing for close to 3,000 hours and have had multiple problems over the years with getting kicked mostly because of other programs running. 

I am sure that Evenbalance gets reports from PB on the bans and the type they are, when they get a mass ban with the same ID it is up to them to sort it out.

In AMERICA you are innocent UNTILL proven guilty! I guess that doesn't apply to Games.
  • asasn8r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MORE INFO:

I went to the trouble ticket and this is the response :::
    "05/20/2019 23:11:12 - " "
    Note #9: Trouble ticket locked due to in-activity.
    05/10/2019 02:41:27 - "Alex J"
    Note #8: The supplied GUID has been associated with hacking or interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software and has therefore been compromised resulting in a global ban from PunkBuster enabled game servers. We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer. Our system does not collect personal information and furthermore we have no way to attach a cheat/hack violation to a specific person. This ban will not be lifted as then the person who did trigger the violation would again be able to join PunkBuster Servers using this GUID. 

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID." 

IF NO ONE CAN HELP AT PB AND THEY CAN'T TELL WHO USED THE GUID NOW WHAT DO I DO ?
    In AMERICA you are innocent UNTILL proven guilty! I guess that doesn't apply to Games.

• StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    They cant say WHO the person who was playing with the guid anymore than I can say who typed your post or where from.

We cannot see your IP address, nor can we see who is typing, all we can see here is your forum id which is linked to your origin.

In a sense thats the same information evenbalance collect.  The guid, and the content.  They know exactly what triggered the global ban, what the guid was that triggered it, but they cannot say WHO was behind the keyboard
  • USMCss07
    asasn8r: I posted a reply to you on the EA forums with a few questions. Here is the link https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlelog-Launching-Issue-Origin/td-p/7820850/page/2
    I and several others will be interested to see what process you were using to join the game during the time when battlelog was not working properly (ie. this forum topic).
  • xXx_2cool4u_xXx
    edited June 2019
    Something has changed with Global PB Bans in Medal of Honor Warfighter. Couple days ago another "victim" of flawless PB wrote that he could join one of remaining PB-streaming server without any kicks. Next day he did the same on another PB-enabled server.

I had logged myself onto my two banned accounts and I was able to play on both on PB-enabled servers. I doubt that PB got turned off, especially on one of the servers I'm talking about. Server owner (and good friend of mine) would rather turn the server off than leave it without PB enabled.

I've posted that information at Battlelog, we'll see how many "banned" players will be able to play again.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    If they have detected it was issued in error then it would have been revoked, you won't see a public announcement stating that, because the global guid ban doesnt have a seperating number (like violation kicks) which is a huge shame as it would be great if they had a way to let those know affected.
  • USMCss07
    Wait, what? Starscream: sure they do, such as  #81570/76. When EB removes a violation number, such as #81570 and #81576 (back in 2014)(1680 total bans lifted); PBBans has made the announcement. Now, if you are saying that those at evenbalance would ever admit that they and their program had indeed banned clean players, for any amount of time/from usage of the game; I agree. There are legal ramifications for such activities via that kind of announcement, of which they probably have legal council that have advised them to NEVER admit that their program is fallible. I imagine you meant that evenbalance would never admit that their software had banned in error...though those erroneous bans/violation numbers must somehow be communicated to PBBans so that an third party announcement can be made...so EB is not liable.
  • StarscreamUK
    Violations are not the same as global guid bans
  • USMCss07
    I agree, they are not the same thing...however they are tied to each other. Any violation number greater than #50000 gets the player an insta global GUID ban. When EA/Dice pressured EB to investigate #81570 & #81576, EB evidently found their software had indeed banned nearly 1,700 players erroneously. Although they did not admit this, somehow PBBans made a public announcement that "we have confirmed...have been triggered by non-cheat software...etc". Now, no one knows how they confirmed this or how EB removed all those bans. What is known; those players that were listed as globally banned were shown as not banned the following day.

Each violation category is numbered and attached to a GUID ban...such as those I mentioned from 2014. EB will not state what triggered their software to issue a global ban under the particular violation number/category (greater than #50000) and will not investigate false positives as history has shown (unless forced to do so). They do state that when a "repeated positive identification on a player's computer" is detected, "a violation is raised". However, this is not true. I have looked at a dozen or so pbcl.txt files from globally banned players: all of them were globally banned the very first instance that PB issued the violation and all of them most likely were not cheating/hacking. So, they do drop the global banhammer immediately, not after "repeated positive identification".
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    USMCss07 said:
    I agree, they are not the same thing...however they are tied to each other. Any violation number greater than #50000 gets the player an insta global GUID ban. When EA/Dice pressured EB to investigate #81570 & #81576, EB evidently found their software had indeed banned nearly 1,700 players erroneously. Although they did not admit this, somehow PBBans made a public announcement that "we have confirmed...have been triggered by non-cheat software...etc". Now, no one knows how they confirmed this or how EB removed all those bans. What is known; those players that were listed as globally banned were shown as not banned the following day.

Each violation category is numbered and attached to a GUID ban...such as those I mentioned from 2014. EB will not state what triggered their software to issue a global ban under the particular violation number/category (greater than #50000) and will not investigate false positives as history has shown (unless forced to do so). They do state that when a "repeated positive identification on a player's computer" is detected, "a violation is raised". However, this is not true. I have looked at a dozen or so pbcl.txt files from globally banned players: all of them were globally banned the very first instance that PB issued the violation and all of them most likely were not cheating/hacking. So, they do drop the global banhammer immediately, not after "repeated positive identification".
    The first point about erroneous bans you made is not entirely true. EA did work with EB on a particular violation that may have triggered false positives on 'some' players but not all. The whole of the violation was removed to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. It was higly likely that some cheaters were indeed caught but in fear of banning innocent players they removed the violation in its entiretly. They have also removed violations in the past when a lot of players put forward that they believed they had been banned in error without EA making any announcements about these violations and were removed only due to EB discovering that it did potentially ban innocent players. So no not necesarily, EA do not have to push EB on any given violation in order for EB to realise a mistake was made from what I've seen and from my experience.
    All this was before 2015. EB have not lifted any violations since then no matter how many people have complained of false positives.

Please note that EB do not have public lists of globally banned players, some third party anti cheat sites may show some players with global bans but not all.

Lastly, you only see the violation being triggered through client side logs, none of us know what EB see from their side and how they operate. We do know they use silent logging before a violation is actioned.

• KucingxHitam
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sorry guys but i recently got banned too after a week of not playing BF4. this is what i got:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'KucingxHitam' ... GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 934c6ecd

What does that mean? mine GUID Code seems different from everyone and when i tried to google search that code nothing came up.

How do i know the cause i got banned? I'm pretty confused. As i was never once get kicked from a game aside from having a high ping. hell i never even once encountered a cheater in every game i have ever joined.

• StarscreamUK
    The guid is your account guid. It's different for every player.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    GUID stands for Global Unique Identifier, noone knows the cause of the global ban except for Evenbalance.