Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• gas3606
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited April 12
    please if you have solutions tell me
    EA m to send solutions by E mail ... but after having done everything to the letter NOTHING always works exculpated by the damn punkbuster

write to me if you have ever had help and if you need to modify the parameters .....
    except that in my opinion nothing has to do its punkbuster directly
    leave you my email if in case there is someone who has a solution
    forgive me for my angais i am canadian french Quebecois and I use the translator of GOOGLE !!!!

[Mod edit: email address removed/personal information]

a good day to all .... for us the poor victim !!!
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Cyrant_F
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok, so I've been jumping through a few hoops since last time.

As battlelog told me that my "violation" was 2 minute bans for "Unallowed software" or something along these lines, I thought it might be some of the many pieces of software and games that were installed in the lifetime of my system. Erasing my system just to try was too much to ask, so I went and set up a fresh Windows 10 on a fresh SSD, wrestled with Origins installer who refused to run on a fresh install for some missing dlls (like it was 1998!), downloaded BF4 again, launched - 

just to be greeted by the same old idiotic Punkbuster kick.

EA, for the grace of one of your better pieces of  software, please - get it together. BF4 could be your most appreciated Battlefield title, if not for the maniacs that run the (useless) anti cheat measures.

I've seen plenty of server admins and their friends obviously teleporting, pinpointing your location for revenge, wallhacking so they can't be surprised by anything, stuff that makes it crystal clear that hacks are involved - to no effect by Punkbuster at all. 
    On the other hand you got numerous threads like this one, where plenty of people get banned in error, even for the case that some might lie, I'm sure the majority is right, as I've seen the effect myself and the possibility of false bans is evidenced by EB's own logs and their scarce blanket recall of some ban numbers. 

Seemingly the last hope is that someone with enough spare cash and time is going to sue the involved businesses into action, all over a shady letterbox third-party company that couldn't give a damn about paying customers over their own high horse and know-it-all attitude.

Until there is a resolve, EA won't see any purchase done by me, or a recommendation of any EA title to anyone, I will tell this story when ever & where ever I see fit as a warning to others not to fall into the same scammer pit as I did. You got my money for this one, for not resolving it see that you get through with it for a long time as you won't get any more. I feel thoroughly scammed for no other reason than obviously erroneous code and self-righteous ignorance from Even Balance, enabled by EA's looking away and blaming the customer policy.

• Nujaseb
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Cyrant_F said:
    Is it true that certain skilled Server admins can cast PB bans or somehow trigger these for a GUID?

Can someone answer this?

By the way, I formatted and installed win10, I'm still banned and 6 months in, Evenbalance hasn't replied to my ticket yet. Considering that I can't even get a violation ID I can't help but feel robbed.

• StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited March 26
    Only punkbuster issue GLOBAL bans.

once you have received a global ban, it doesn't matter  if you reinstall, buy a new PC, or ANYTHING.  That account guid will be banned forever unless punkbuster lift it.
  • Nujaseb
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

once you have received a global ban, it doesn't matter  if you reinstall, buy a new PC, or ANYTHING.  That account guid will be banned forever unless punkbuster lift it.

It would help if they actually looked at the bloody ban appeals
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I personally don't know anyone whos ever got a global lifted.
  • Johnlol1
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hi all.I got a PB global GUID Ban 1 month ago.I tried anything such as appeal,reinstall etc.But none of them worked.PB didn't replied me.But 2 days ago.I tried to login Battlefield 4 and join a server.I wasn't kicked by PB.Then I joined another server,still didn't.I went to Evenbalance and check my appeal,they didn't reply me yet.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Not entirely. You can make PB do the dirty job for you and issue a local ban with it, it still is not a global pb ban but it IS a local (on that server) PB ban.

regards

OY
  • FFoXX
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 25
    Sorry mark you on this but EVENBALANCE no answer anyone.
    How proceed on this if evenbalance no answer.

I have same problem. First this message in log "PB Kicks for Level 1 PB Restrictions on this Server" and i try reinstall and update pbsvc e pbsetup and now i have global ban and this message "PB Kicks for Name Spamming and Non-standard Characters and Level 2 PB Restrictions on this Server". What hell is this. I open one ticket in evenbalance and no answer.
    My soldier name dont change in years and this BS now I have BF1 and BFV but I still play BF4 help buying slot in private server. Try dont leave BF4 die in Brazil. But I think BFV will my last Battlefield Series. EA never more.
    Just see my battle report and you see I am one middle player or less 2000 hours BF4 for 200 hours in BF1 and 500 hours in BFV. I dont believe can ban my account for no reason and no answer for questions about that.

I dont believe and others players in pass. But now hapen too me.
    BFV will my last Battlefield Series. Never more.
    Disrespectful 1 time for me enough.
    And EA do that.

Post edited by FFoXX on
  • ToXichnyi
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    FFoXX said:
    I have same problem. First this message in log "PB Kicks for Level 1 PB Restrictions on this Server" and i try reinstall and update pbsvc e pbsetup and now i have global ban and this message "PB Kicks for Name Spamming and Non-standard Characters and Level 2 PB Restrictions on this Server". What hell is this. I open one ticket in evenbalance and no answer.
    My soldier name dont change in years and this BS now I have BF1 and BFV but I still play BF4 help buying slot in private server. Try dont leave BF4 die in Brazil. But I think BFV will my last Battlefield Series. EA never more.
    Just see my battle report and you see I am one middle player or less 2000 hours BF4 for 200 hours in BF1 and 500 hours in BFV. I dont believe can ban my account for no reason and no answer for questions about that.

I dont believe and others players in pass. But now hapen too me.
    BFV will my last Battlefield Series. Never more.
    Disrespectful 1 time for me enough.
    And EA do that.

Welcome to the club... Sorry you will not get any help from any one, neither from admins / Evebalance nor from EA games. There are hundreds of thousands players banned by PB.
    I payed 2 times the game and I've been banned globally 2 times without reason. So EA games is a just waste of money today and no more else. Good Luck.
  • MrcZ_Zetsu
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I returned to BF4 the day before yesterday, after two year of inactivity. And found myself globally banned by PB. How did I manage to get myself banned when I was not even playing? Looks like you dont need to actually do anything to get hammered by phantom ban.
  • StarscreamUK
    You might have been banned 2 years ago. But you only just found out.
  • KawaiiGoneJim
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have the same problem, and I wasn't banned two years ago. The only time I've been banned on Battlefield 4 was on a custom serve by a salty admin. Now I am globally banned from every server?? What gives
  • StarscreamUK
    I have the same problem, and I wasn't banned two years ago. The only time I've been banned on Battlefield 4 was on a custom serve by a salty admin. Now I am globally banned from every server?? What gives
    you have the same problem, you havent played for 2 years and just tried but found out you have a ban?
  • Cyrant_F
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It's a shame there is nothing but snark or silent ignorance to this topic. The game is still one of the contemporary great ones with no other in sight, a shame so many can't really play it because someone is on a money trip. Who knows, maybe someone is getting chinese money as the theme of BF4 is most uncomfortable to them and they rather want the game to die, EB just was the most convenient way. Still a shame we haven't got a modern BF with all it's destruction glory and detail, as nothing else comes close. Port BF4 to BF1's server/anticheat procedures and improve them, please. Also give modding free again, thanks.
  • USMCss07
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It would seem that this topic has been unpinned from the battlefield forums. What was the purpose or reasoning that lead to its removal? 
  • lmmortal1ty
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I got banned on BF3. Reason gamehack. There is no cheat in my computer, didn't launch any third party programs. What the heck EvenBalance.
    Sent a ticket 13 days ago and there is no reply!!!
  • xJimbaco
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18

Post edited by xJimbaco on
  • StarscreamUK
    I got banned on BF3. Reason gamehack. There is no cheat in my computer, didn't launch any third party programs. What the heck EvenBalance.
    Sent a ticket 13 days ago and there is no reply!!!

Even balance didn't ban you. Theirs is a violation which is a kick. Pbbans turned that violation into their own ban. You need to appeal to them.
  • StarscreamUK
    USMCss07 wrote: »
    It would seem that this topic has been unpinned from the battlefield forums. What was the purpose or reasoning that lead to its removal? 

I'm going to guess due to the reorganization of the forums. I don't know truthfully as I didn't do it.