Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• Johnlol1
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    guys I wonder if we will get banned if playing the same account in two computers?
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I have done, no ban.   But you cant play them at the same time if thats what you mean
  • USMCss07
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    USMCss07 wrote: »
    It would seem that this topic has been unpinned from the battlefield forums. What was the purpose or reasoning that lead to its removal? 

I'm going to guess due to the reorganization of the forums. I don't know truthfully as I didn't do it.
    Perhaps you would consider re-pinning it or request that it be re-pinned as a sticky for posterity. I would argue that this topic is one of the most important topics ever put up for discussion on these forums. Theft is not okay.
  • Johnlol1
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited July 2020
    Now I am sure it must be someone reported me so PB banned my account.Is it possible to appeal?
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    You appeal or punk buster but punk buster don't take notice of reports
  • rocketrandalhood
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It has been nearly 1 year and Even Balance still hasn't replied to my ticket. This is so frustrating!!!! :/
  • USMCss07
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It has been nearly 1 year and Even Balance still hasn't replied to my ticket. This is so frustrating!!!! :/
    There are many many more that are just like you, some have been banned falsely for several years. I find it hilarious that several moderators on these forums continue to state that any action of an by Evenbalance, via their product PunkBuster, has nothing to do with EA. This is completely false. Legally; Evenbalance became an agent in fact of EA when they signed a contract to provide anti-cheat services for EA's game/product. As an agent of EA, and doing business on their behalf by contract: the actions of Evenbalance have much to do with and directly reflect upon EA by way of the contract of agency. When a company acts on behalf of another company as a contractor, or in the case of Evenbalance and the contracted agreement with EA, both companies are not separate and severed from all liabilities that may arise from each others actions. They are in fact liable for anything that each may do in harm of others, but only for the activities that were defined in there agreement. Here, Evenbalance was contracted by EA to provide anti-cheat services via their product (PunkBuster). It is quite clear, as an abundance of evidence has shown, that Evenbalance, acting on behalf of and for EA, has stolen away the ability for many thousands of paying customers to play Battlefield series of games by way of and through their software PunkBuster. No matter that the false bans are attributed security breaches or simply faulty coding: EA is indeed liable for the actions of their contracted agent Evenbalance.

Two questions still remain: will anything ever come from these facts....probably not. I do not have the time to pursue them. Although, I know of several class action law firms that are interested and have stated interest after browsing (and copying) each and everyone of the pages registered under this topic. And, will the moderators of this forum choose to keep this post moved out of the public/users eyes, as it was removed as a sticky'd or pinned post about 4 months ago. I would recommend that it be re-pinned as it will not do EA well to scuttle (and eventually delete) this topic.
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Internet Lawyers are out in full force. 
    More times than not, punkbuster gets it right.
    They do over turn legitimate bans. 

I actually wish on the next battlefield game, EA would go back to punkbuster and 3rd party servers with live admins. 

• StarscreamUK
    edited September 2020
    USMCss07 said:
    Two questions still remain: will anything ever come from these facts....probably not. I do not have the time to pursue them. Although, I know of several class action law firms that are interested and have stated interest after browsing (and copying) each and everyone of the pages registered under this topic. And, will the moderators of this forum choose to keep this post moved out of the public/users eyes, as it was removed as a sticky'd or pinned post about 4 months ago. I would recommend that it be re-pinned as it will not do EA well to scuttle (and eventually delete) this topic.
    Yes we keep out of users eyes by a) keeping it open b) not locking it.......  Who'd have thought that a topic would go down the index because people don't post in it?  Good luck with your law firms, but don't raise it in this thread, as discussion of legal action is the fastest way to close open discussions.
  • SpoolaZ
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Always fun with people who have to sue the **** out of Punkbuster for all false bans, but year after year they also seem to lack the basis to create a valid lawsuit.
  • BI3nd3R
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    hmm i see the problem with false bans is bigger than i thinked. 2/3 days ago when i play BF4 i got Kicked by punkbuster , after that i go start search where is my problem i got 2 another "Violation" reasons at first i got "Violation (AIMBOT) #51174" after 2/3 tryes go into server i got another "Violation" now its name is " (GAMEHACK) #81686". My "ban" is not listed on pbbans MBi. Writing on the pbbans forum about it 0 reaction from the stuff.I saw some bans on MBi but my GUID is clear.

My GUID
    "PB Server assigned guid = 272f64056a3c351558e89147c713ce7c"
    I can only say i NEVER bought again bf and any game secured by PB. 
  • khm3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    SpoolaZ said:
    Always fun with people who have to sue the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of Punkbuster for all false bans, but year after year they also seem to lack the basis to create a valid lawsuit.
    What are you implying?
  • SpoolaZ
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    khm3 said:
    SpoolaZ said:
    Always fun with people who have to sue the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ out of Punkbuster for all false bans, but year after year they also seem to lack the basis to create a valid lawsuit.
    What are you implying?
    If the cheaters are few, and that all who are banned is only innocent. Then it should be easy to sue Evenbalance, right.

• rocketrandalhood
    It seems my ticket was submitted 8/19/2019. It's been over a year and still no response from Even Balance.

I feel robbed/cheated, needless to say I won't ever purchase another game with Punkbuster or published by EA.
  • StarscreamUK
    It seems my ticket was submitted 8/19/2019. It's been over a year and still no response from Even Balance.

I feel robbed/cheated, needless to say I won't ever purchase another game with Punkbuster or published by EA.
    Punkbuster hasnt been used in the last 2 releases.
  • rocketrandalhood
    Umm... I'll try to play again I guess...
  • rocketrandalhood
    Well I went to go reinstall Battlefield 4 yesterday, it took quite a while too. It seems I still need Punkbuster because I got kicked from the first game I joined and it said I have "no packet flow."

Were you trying to convince me to buy Battlefield 1 and/or Battlefield 5 as a replacement for not being able to play 4?
  • rocketrandalhood
    Well I reinstalled Punkbuster tonight, my game seems to be working now...
  • StarscreamUK
    Well I went to go reinstall Battlefield 4 yesterday, it took quite a while too. It seems I still need Punkbuster because I got kicked from the first game I joined and it said I have "no packet flow."

Were you trying to convince me to buy Battlefield 1 and/or Battlefield 5 as a replacement for not being able to play 4?
    No packet flow is a common issue, but typically people dont use battlelog so dont get to see the real error, they just get you were kicked by punkbuster from the ingame launcher
  • rocketrandalhood
    Never mind, I'm still banned. I guess it took a day for Punkbuster to reissue my "Global Punkbuster GUID" ban.
    "GLOBAL PunkBuster GUID BAN 24f13b55"