Master Discussion Thread For BF4 Punkbuster Bans.

Comments

• Tango7224
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    So it's been over a month and still no reply from even balance and since I've been told they stopped responding to tickets last year August it seems my time in bf3 and bf4 is at a end
    I honestly think 81686 gamehack was triggered by people who updated game drivers of nvidia gtx
    If anyone with that violation can confirm it then we may prevent others from getting banned as well

Violation information from PBBans.com:
    Ban Date: September 24, 2020 at 9:43:01 pm EDT
    PBBans Ban Link: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-a66f90de-vb425171.html
    GUID: 508d0e8029d9869eb94e6159a66f90de
    Game: Battlefield 4
    Violation: VIOLATION (GAMEHACK) 81686
  • ApathyOverdose
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2020
    @Tango7224
    I'm sorry to upset you, but they stopped responding to tickets much earlier, last year. In any case, if they answered, it was for one ticket out of many.

Although this thread is BF4-related, it's worth mentioning that the same thing happens with BF3. Personally, I have been banned from BF3 since July 2019, and this was the third ban. And I really hope that with the release of BF3 Remaster I will be able to play again, since I am almost sure that will be no PunkBuster there.

As for the reason, the ban as a result of updating the NVidia drivers is quite possible, you are right. It's also possible to get banned after updating the antivirus (my case).

• rocketrandalhood
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have an AMD Radeon R7 370 series video card and Kaspersky Antivirus and I'm banned so I don't think it's an NVIDIA issue. Either way, EA won't be receiving anymore money from me until I'm unbanned.

It's too bad too because I really want to try that new Star Wars Squadrons game but I can't bring myself to pay for something from a publisher like EA ever again. They have not helped or supported me at all through this, everyone points the finger at EvenBalance too. It's as if EA wants nothing to do with BF4 yet they're still selling it online!

It's time for a game patch that removes PunkBuster.
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    there are servers running without punkbuster with active admins, there is a thread with the servers
  • USMCss07
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    there are servers running without punkbuster with active admins, there is a thread with the servers
    Can you please provide a link to the thread that lists servers running without punkbuster with active admins?
  • Saycuh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Figured I'd add my experience as I just got hit with the #81686 ban out of nowhere. 8 other bans on pbbans for #81686 between today and yesterday.
    Got hooked on the game a few months ago and put 130 hours in since then. Never used any third party tools/cheats. 

Submitted a support ticket to EvenBalance, but not expecting that to go anywhere based on other's experiences. Programs - Nvidia Geforce experience / latest drivers, AHK (used for Path of Exile, never anything that interacted with BF4), most recent install was Project Diablo 2 last weekend. Honestly just wish I knew what triggered it because now I'm concerned something is running on my machine that shouldn't be. Clean virus scan, no unusual processes that I could find.

Ban Date: November 13, 2020 at 9:50:21 pm EST
    PBBans Ban Link: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-65c9d896-vb425279.html
    GUID: 6b704fc9414e21fc83e2640f65c9d896

https://bf4db.com/player/779226221
  • StarscreamUK
    7585 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    autohotkey has been a nono for punkbuster for years, although in the past it was just a kick I don't know if that has changed to a ban however
  • USMCss07
    USMCss07 said:
    Can you please provide a link to the thread that lists servers running without punkbuster with active admins?
    StarscreamUK?
  • USMCss07
    Saycuh said:
    Figured I'd add my experience as I just got hit with the #81686 ban out of nowhere. 8 other bans on pbbans for #81686 between today and yesterday.
    Got hooked on the game a few months ago and put 130 hours in since then. Never used any third party tools/cheats. 

Submitted a support ticket to EvenBalance, but not expecting that to go anywhere based on other's experiences. Programs - Nvidia Geforce experience / latest drivers, AHK (used for Path of Exile, never anything that interacted with BF4), most recent install was Project Diablo 2 last weekend. Honestly just wish I knew what triggered it because now I'm concerned something is running on my machine that shouldn't be. Clean virus scan, no unusual processes that I could find.

Ban Date: November 13, 2020 at 9:50:21 pm EST
    PBBans Ban Link: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-65c9d896-vb425279.html
    GUID: 6b704fc9414e21fc83e2640f65c9d896

https://bf4db.com/player/779226221
    Evenbalance has not been readily responding to inquiries for quite some time. It is unknown if they are still actively checking the message system or if the company is still in business. We do know that the software, PunkBuster, is still actively banning players however.
  • StarscreamUK
    edited December 2020
    USMCss07 said:
    USMCss07 said:
    StarscreamUK?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1650969

edit: i dont know how many are still active, but I do know the TNT ones are
  • winged-swe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    USMCss07 said:
    StarscreamUK?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/1650969

edit: i dont know how many are still active, but I do know the TNT ones are
    But that's a link to a list of BF3 servers, no? Not BF4 servers, which I assume is what USMCss07 asked for since this thread deals with BF4. I was banned from playing BF4 in October 2019. I have no idea why - I have never ever cheated, hacked or glitched, and my appeals (I've written three) remains unanswered/uncommented. Even though it's an old game I sure miss playing. :'(

• Cyrant_F
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tango7224 said:
    Ban Date: September 24, 2020 at 9:43:01 pm EDT
    PBBans Ban Link: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-a66f90de-vb425171.html
    GUID: 508d0e8029d9869eb94e6159a66f90de
    Can you tell me how to get access to that data for a ban? I have already uninstalled BF4 as I've abandoned hope tbh, still I really would like to have access to the details of my ban, if only for repeatedly pushing EB with it - they should at least be able to reason their mistake.
    EA heaving all Battlefields out of EB's hands would definitely be the best way, provided they let us kick/ban vote Hackers and provide enough tools that community run servers can defend themselves against real hackers. Send Punkbuster into the obscurity it deserves for all their ignorant and greedy conduct!
  • StarscreamUK
    yeah my bad, ill look and find the bf4 one again, you used to be able to select without punkbuster which would have made it much easier
  • USMCss07
    yeah my bad, ill look and find the bf4 one again, you used to be able to select without punkbuster which would have made it much easier
    Any luck finding that server(s), that does not have punkbuster running, for bf4?
  • StarscreamUK
    Since the forum move around its harder to find. I'm currently suffering covid19 so not on my pc much atm but I will try and find it.
  • DIRTYGreeny
    677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Since the forum move around its harder to find. I'm currently suffering covid19 so not on my pc much atm but I will try and find it.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon Starscream.
  • winged-swe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Focus on your health. Take care and get well!