The end of battlefield?

124»

Comments

• spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think what they could do with Bad Company 3 is make it post apocalyptic with a mix of of old and new weapons. Doubt it will be that though.
  • Dragam
    846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    InnerD wrote: »
    spend time on the reddit battlefield forums and you will get communication from the devs.

Or Twitter. The devs are active on all platforms except the forums. I wonder why :|

They are active on all other platforms than the games official forum, where the vast majority of the games players are.

I reckon they are intentionally avoiding it, as they cba dealing with people not being happy about their game.

This is not true. It is easier to communicate with the audience over social media than over the forum. Everybody has a twitter account these days and this means not only the official EA/DICE/BFV channels will publicate information, but involved individuals as well, which can be a youtuber or dev even through a simple tweet and this will reach more players than a post on the official forums.
    Additionally you do not have the overly long discussions that ensue on the forums over a rather small detail.

Far from everyone has a twitter account, or use reddit... me and my friends don't, and i'm not going to make one just to get in contact with game developers who should interact with their playerbase on their official forum !

Yes, and you are in the minority here. There is no difference between making a forum account or a twitter account to follow official or dev channels. It takes the same time and resources. You are also not missing anything vital here, every bit of game relevant information will be posted on the forums.
    The benefit of twitter is that you do get the occasional tidbits of things that are work in progress like sneak peaks of the improved vaulting or the bipod mechanics. That is not breaking news at all. This can also backfire of course, as could be seen two weeks ago with the JU-52 poll debacle.

You automatically have an account here, when you have an ea account... and there is a huge difference between having a game account, and a social media account. Many people, myself included, steer clear of social media.
  • disposalist
    8298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You come to the official forums when you want to discuss the game with like-minded individuals.

You go to Reddit when you want to hear the loud minority dominate the agenda.

You go to Twitter for a mess of silly memes you can barely wade through to see useful info.
  • VincentNZ
    1978 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    spend time on the reddit battlefield forums and you will get communication from the devs.

Or Twitter. The devs are active on all platforms except the forums. I wonder why :|

They are active on all other platforms than the games official forum, where the vast majority of the games players are.

I reckon they are intentionally avoiding it, as they cba dealing with people not being happy about their game.

This is not true. It is easier to communicate with the audience over social media than over the forum. Everybody has a twitter account these days and this means not only the official EA/DICE/BFV channels will publicate information, but involved individuals as well, which can be a youtuber or dev even through a simple tweet and this will reach more players than a post on the official forums.
    Additionally you do not have the overly long discussions that ensue on the forums over a rather small detail.

Far from everyone has a twitter account, or use reddit... me and my friends don't, and i'm not going to make one just to get in contact with game developers who should interact with their playerbase on their official forum !

Yes, and you are in the minority here. There is no difference between making a forum account or a twitter account to follow official or dev channels. It takes the same time and resources. You are also not missing anything vital here, every bit of game relevant information will be posted on the forums.
    The benefit of twitter is that you do get the occasional tidbits of things that are work in progress like sneak peaks of the improved vaulting or the bipod mechanics. That is not breaking news at all. This can also backfire of course, as could be seen two weeks ago with the JU-52 poll debacle.

You automatically have an account here, when you have an ea account... and there is a huge difference between having a game account, and a social media account. Many people, myself included, steer clear of social media.

Yep, but many people do not know that, or are simply not active here at all. Besides there might be a thousand active users which is a ridiculously low number, the reach is very limited. On Twitter or any social media, you have access to a million at once on a platform so many people use on a daily basis.
    And of course, as a twitter user oneself, you can simply follow the official DICE/EA/BF accounts, some youtubers and individual devs, put them in a list and see details on all the news and updates in an orderly fashion on a platform that you visit anyway.
    Again, you do not miss anything here, stuff is generally more expansive, too and you get the benefit of discussion. Twitter is just more convenient for both sides.
  • spartanx169x
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yep, but many people do not know that, or are simply not active here at all. Besides there might be a thousand active users which is a ridiculously low number, the reach is very limited. On Twitter or any social media, you have access to a million at once on a platform so many people use on a daily basis.
    And of course, as a twitter user oneself, you can simply follow the official DICE/EA/BF accounts, some youtubers and individual devs, put them in a list and see details on all the news and updates in an orderly fashion on a platform that you visit anyway.
    Again, you do not miss anything here, stuff is generally more expansive, too and you get the benefit of discussion. Twitter is just more convenient for both sides.

Honest question. How many followers does DICE have on twitter for BF V?
  • spartanx169x
    Battlefield V will definitely kill off the franchise for good.

Just like Battlefield Hardline was going to because of its non military setting.

Just like Battlefield 4 was going to because of its appalling launch and the fact it took a year before it worked properly. BFV has it problems with bugs but its nothing compared to what Battlefield 4 was like but now that is the game everyone considers to be the best ever.

I agree with you. I will only add that BF4 benefited from one thing BFV doesn’t have. BF4 came when there were very few games for the PS4 and xbox1 so that in some ways kept people interested. I think EA also may have made an announcement or two about admitting the mistakes they made and the support they would give to make up for it. We have seen no apologies in regard to BFV. I do think they will support it because of their Live Services strategy at least for the next year.
  • SgtQman19
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »
    The end of battlefield?

It pretty much is for me.

I'm a MMG main. I've always mained Support in the Battlefield series since Battlefield 3.

The MMG experience in Battlefield 5 is so frustrating, painful, unfun and unsatisfying that I've all but quit the game as a result.

LMGs are basically just heavy assault rifles in Battlefield 5 - MMGs are just a joke. No one fears them and people scorn, laugh and mock those that run them.

I know there's people having a great time with Battlefield 5 (and more power to you guys!) but for this old heavy machine gun vet, this is the most unfun Battlefield I've ever played.
    • I log in once every few days to do the daily assignments and then generally log off.
    • I log in once a week to do the TOW assignments and then generally log off.

Only reason is to 'stay in touch' with the game's minimalist progression in the event they may turn this around and I may want to actually play it down the line.

But right now I can't stand this Battlefield. It's made for Assault run and gun play and that's just not the 'Battlefield Experience' I want or enjoy.

I would love the LMGs and MMGs to be like they were in BF4 and BF3 because they are far to OP in BFV. It’s freaking stupid they are like laser beams. Easy taking out people with sniper like accuracy from half way across the map with no way to combat them. Support class is more powerful then ever in BFV.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The end of battlefield?

It pretty much is for me.

I'm a MMG main. I've always mained Support in the Battlefield series since Battlefield 3.

The MMG experience in Battlefield 5 is so frustrating, painful, unfun and unsatisfying that I've all but quit the game as a result.

LMGs are basically just heavy assault rifles in Battlefield 5 - MMGs are just a joke. No one fears them and people scorn, laugh and mock those that run them.

I know there's people having a great time with Battlefield 5 (and more power to you guys!) but for this old heavy machine gun vet, this is the most unfun Battlefield I've ever played.
    • I log in once every few days to do the daily assignments and then generally log off.
    • I log in once a week to do the TOW assignments and then generally log off.

Only reason is to 'stay in touch' with the game's minimalist progression in the event they may turn this around and I may want to actually play it down the line.

But right now I can't stand this Battlefield. It's made for Assault run and gun play and that's just not the 'Battlefield Experience' I want or enjoy.

I would love the LMGs and MMGs to be like they were in BF4 and BF3 because they are far to OP in BFV. It’s freaking stupid they are like laser beams. Easy taking out people with sniper like accuracy from half way across the map with no way to combat them. Support class is more powerful then ever in BFV.

Well yeah they can be combated by the medic's smoke grenade rifle when the player launches it onto the gunners position.
  • parkingbrake
    2757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But there were no MMGs in BF3, or BF4, unless my memory has failed me and those games had LMGs which only allowed ADS when the bipod was deployed.

Not correct. Both in BF3 and BF4 you could ADS to great effect without bipod deployment.

The Bipod would allow for even better accuracy.
    But that was my point, all the LMGs in BF3/4 had ADS available at all times, they were not MMGs of the sort we see in BFV in which you cannot ADS without the bipod being deployed. You referred to using MMGs in BF3/4, I was just pointing out there were no such weapons in those games. Calling the M60 in BF3 (loved that gun) a MMG is applying a term that was not used in that game to a weapon which did not work the way MMGs work in BFV.
    The MMGs in BF5 are just utter garbage and sure, I could always go and play one of the LMGs and forget about it but what good is that?
    Well, the good would be that you could continue to play in the way you like to and do so effectively. You've created an arbitrary distinction where weapons like the Bren and Lewis somehow don't count and you can't use them because you've decided to disqualify them even though they do just what you would want them to do. Why? If the BFV LMGs work like the BF3/4 LMGs, why not use them? Why insist that only the MMGs match the weapons you like in the earlier games when clearly they are a whole new category? You've arbitrarily linked the BF3/4 LMGs to the MMGs in BFV with no justification that I can see.

It's your choice, I just don't see the point in looking for things to be unhappy about, life provides enough unhappiness without us having to manufacture it.

• MAJWolfcookies
    446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE should be relieved of BF franchise. Give it to another shop like Respawn. It’s time to Visceral-ate DICE.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 6
    It's your choice, I just don't see the point in looking for things to be unhappy about, life provides enough unhappiness without us having to manufacture it.

Ironic you should say that actually as I did find my choice to make me happier. I basically stopped playing this game nowadays.

I only even fire it up now to complete the odd daily or the weekly TOW assignments and then I basically log off and find something else to play that's more enjoyable.

Kinda sick of the CODBro pandering this Battlefield has embodied as it's primary focus. The franchise just feels crap now and I'm not enjoying it anymore.

No point raising the issues around why I'm not enjoying it either. This forum has the worst fanboys imaginable who will shout down any critical discussion (this thread is no exception).

Battlefield 5 is straight up the very worst Battlefield experience I've had to date and trust me, it hurts to admit that because I genuinely love the franchise.

I've invested (literally) thousands of play hours into this franchise but this game I can't play for any longer nowadays than what's required to complete the handful of assignments I can be even bothered with. Even then, it just feels like grindy work and not a video game I used to enjoy. Go figure I guess.
  • Dragam
    846 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But there were no MMGs in BF3, or BF4, unless my memory has failed me and those games had LMGs which only allowed ADS when the bipod was deployed.

Not correct. Both in BF3 and BF4 you could ADS to great effect without bipod deployment.

The Bipod would allow for even better accuracy.
    But that was my point, all the LMGs in BF3/4 had ADS available at all times, they were not MMGs of the sort we see in BFV in which you cannot ADS without the bipod being deployed. You referred to using MMGs in BF3/4, I was just pointing out there were no such weapons in those games. Calling the M60 in BF3 (loved that gun) a MMG is applying a term that was not used in that game to a weapon which did not work the way MMGs work in BFV.
    The MMGs in BF5 are just utter garbage and sure, I could always go and play one of the LMGs and forget about it but what good is that?
    Well, the good would be that you could continue to play in the way you like to and do so effectively. You've created an arbitrary distinction where weapons like the Bren and Lewis somehow don't count and you can't use them because you've decided to disqualify them even though they do just what you would want them to do. Why? If the BFV LMGs work like the BF3/4 LMGs, why not use them? Why insist that only the MMGs match the weapons you like in the earlier games when clearly they are a whole new category? You've arbitrarily linked the BF3/4 LMGs to the MMGs in BFV with no justification that I can see.

Not exactly true... where is the lmg of previous battlefields that had a 200 round mag, 800 rpm, and you could ADS while moving? It aint there, they have been moved to MMG category, where you can only ADS if you are lucky enough to get bipod to deploy... which most of the time i am not.
  • spateri1
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I read alot of comments based around that they have made it too 'hardcore'. I'll agree it is more hc in terms of ttk which I certainly like as it makes it more challenging in my opinion. I also agree that its not in everbodies interest.

Nevertheless I wholeheartedly think it is a great upgrade in gameplay which is what really makes a great game as you get rid of ridiculous ttk gameplay like destiny or cod. You have to get to know the maps and your weapons better and play with your squad if you want to top the boards or dominate. Whatever. No more doing 180's and using your aim assist and skill against lesser opponents as much. Its much more unforgiving. Is this a bad thing?

Some of you guys hit the nail on the head. The BF fanboys are getting old. I certainly dont use twitter or much social media at all which is why the forums don't get answered as you say. The next demographic coming through also don't like the older format of fps as much. They want free to play and evidently battle royale (although battle royale is pretty much the only free to play out there).

EA are a business and they're not in the business to spend alot of money for us old fanboys anymore. Not when people spend hundreds of dollars on skins and dances for a free game. I'm literally dumbfounded how much some people have spent on fornite. Free game equals player count. Battle pass and challenges to get you a free battlepass for the next 3 months. Fickle minded kids that would rather spend all their pocket money and hassle their parents for more money to buy a dance equals much more profit. They don't even have to make a new map.

Just saying. If they were catering to competitive/ hardcore players they'd have put out rented servers. They haven't. Nor have they hinted at it. Just putting all their eggs into the firestorm basket to see how that goes first. Why spend money when the niche BF fanboys/ competitive players just buy a game every 3 or 4 years and don't spend a cent more after hundreds of hours. Even thousands. I'm suprised they even let us have a server browser.

That's my 48 cents.
  • spateri1
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Ironic you should say that actually as I did find my choice to make me happier. I basically stopped playing this game nowadays.

I only even fire it up now to complete the odd daily or the weekly TOW assignments and then I basically log off and find something else to play that's more enjoyable.

Kinda sick of the CODBro pandering this Battlefield has embodied as it's primary focus. The franchise just feels crap now and I'm not enjoying it anymore.

No point raising the issues around why I'm not enjoying it either. This forum has the worst fanboys imaginable who will shout down any critical discussion (this thread is no exception).

Battlefield 5 is straight up the very worst Battlefield experience I've had to date and trust me, it hurts to admit that because I genuinely love the franchise.

I've invested (literally) thousands of play hours into this franchise but this game I can't play for any longer nowadays than what's required to complete the handful of assignments I can be even bothered with. Even then, it just feels like grindy work and not a video game I used to enjoy. Go figure I guess.

Well nobody likes a negative ned. You offer nothing to the discussion except your fondness to complete assignments. To each their own but you've also commented on a thread of a fanboy that has also been commented by many another fanboy. It would be fine as you clealry have loved the game but you offer nothing to improve the franchise that you apparently love.
  • warslag
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

• Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    spateri1 wrote: »
    Well nobody likes a negative ned. You offer nothing to the discussion except your fondness to complete assignments. To each their own but you've also commented on a thread of a fanboy that has also been commented by many another fanboy. It would be fine as you clealry have loved the game but you offer nothing to improve the franchise that you apparently love.

It's not that. I've just gotten to the point where I've given up trying to even discuss the issue for the most part as it's a lost cause.

The console manufacturers don't care - the game developers don't care - too many players (many who exploit it themselves) don't care.

Right or wrong is irrelevant at this point, the play environment is corrupted and no amount of logical or civil discussion will alter the fact.

Check my post history by all means, I've been around this franchise a very long time and have fought the 'good fight' on clean and fair play environments here many times.

It's gotten to a point now where this fight is clearly already lost, so my 'contribution' to this discussion now is one that's simply defeatist - but a simple realist.

What's the point anymore? Cheat away, no one cares.
    Post edited by Austacker on