Bouncing betty problem?

Red_Label_Scotch
1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So, it appears that you can set off a bouncing betty by proximity. In theory, that is not a problem, unless that bouncing betty is on the other side of a wall...especially a low wall.

https://streamable.com/v6oxu

Comments

• zenn_nme
    746 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, that shouldn't be possible; needs a fix.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Walls in BF have always existed in a sort of alternate dimension and often are merely visual representations. Yesterday I killed an opponent because his head and upper torso came through the sheet steel side of a hangar on Aerodrome allowing me to shoot him. I half expected him to call hack since in his view it probably looked like I'd shot him through the side of the building. Give DICE another decade or two to work on this, one day the technology will be available to fix it.
  • BadShotLarry
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you can shoot through the corrugated metal, and light wood walls on many buildings in this game.....the damage is reduced, but still. Why would you expect that to be bullet proof? as far as tripping a mine from the other side, ya that shouldn't happen.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you can shoot through the corrugated metal, and light wood walls on many buildings in this game.....the damage is reduced, but still. Why would you expect that to be bullet proof? as far as tripping a mine from the other side, ya that shouldn't happen.

But that is on purpose, they said they were adding bullet penetration for some walls which I like, it's a step forward. But a player's body shouldn't go through a steel or concrete wall allowing me to shoot him from the other side when I shouldn't have even be able to see him.

BTW, love the avatar.
  • fartyfarmer
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Clipping has always been a problem.