Battlefield 1942 topped battlefield 5

r3cklesshate23ps
36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I was looking forward to this game the moment battlefield 1's trailer was released. I knew exactly what qould come next. Battlefield's return to WW2 was supposed to be a blast to the past for anyone and everyone who had originally played battlefield 1942. I like to think we were all expecting D-day maps and pacific warfare. Although the game is set in 1940 at the moment, how can they expect to jump to 1944+ before production begins on their next disaster. I miss the trailers for DLC. I miss RSP. I miss the flow of updates that sre supposed to keep players playing and entertained. Dice needs to be letting people know their plans. Instead theyre keeping their mouths shut in hopes firestorm is going to be a great success. And it could possibly be, ill love a BR with the ballistics system i know best. But i wont love the franchise for keeping every member of the community in the dark. They took SQ away without replacing it with rush, sure its coming the 7th of march, and does that mean firestorm will come just before april? Get your head out of your **** dice, get your **** together, give the community what they need to keep playing your game. Sure youll always have your following, i still play my, brother still plays, but with every "update" and "fix", more problems arise. A friend of mine cant play right now because hes at risk of a seizure with the flashing screens at respawn. I cant use my favorite tank because the 20mm cannon has proven to be useless agaisnt all armor(except for spaceships). Dice gave up the game after battlefield 1.

Comments

• wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with Blunder. 1942 was an amazing game, and it's a game I still fool around with here and there. BF V feels like EA was pushing more and more to capitalize on the CoD market, attempting to make a CoD WW2 with vehicles.

I don't know how much of it is true, but I've read in several articles that most of the old DICE crew left the studio for smaller game studios where they had more creative control. I read this before release of BF V and immediately felt like was a really bad sign. Now I know it was, because if that's true, they took all the experience and vision with them.

• tempo_rarity
    1010 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "too many prone" say the runners while "too many runners" say the prone .
    The Battle of two distinct Play styles from two distinct Games seems well underway ! :lol:

Sure , I get 'lasered' by a current 'superclass' , but I also get a one-winged Bomber cartwheeling into a field after wing-clipping me off of a Flak Gun (left a long , deep gouge too)
    . . . one of these things will eventually go away and the other one's almost certainly here to stay , right ?

Personally I think they've done an awesome job of revisiting '42 .
    . . . although , technically , I don't think we've actually revisited 1942 yet (?)

(the whistling intro to that whistling-intro-Guns-n-Roses song comes from nowhere)
    . . .
  • Broliszibaila
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE failed really hard in the everything. I have no idea why they decided to ignore BF1942 and make new BF game about untold stories... Feels like sameone in the EA/DICE from marketing has no idea how NOSTALGIA is important for business. You can tell whatever you want about NOSTALGIA, how its that stupid or bad. BUT, the nostalgia is very strong in the life in all situations - its a FACT. Many people who played BF1942 were young guys, but today these guys are mature, has jobs, has families. And they just wanted to get remasted BF1942 - easy pure profit.

But these devs decided to change everything, tell untold stories - which about nobody cares ( no d-day, no iwo jima and so on.) Not talking that such old game BF1942 has much better accuracy than this new amazing BF5 with progressive ,,swedish ideas''

I have no idea, what these devs were thinking....
  • Skitelz7
    923 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMO Dice dropped the ball by not making an updated modern 1942. A game like that would have sold like hot cakes. Instead we got this dull don't even know what it wants to be, supposed WW2 game that lacks any kind of depth and fun gameplay that 1942 had. I mean it's amazing how a game made almost 20 years later has less content than its original game taking place in the same era. We don't even have full fledged sea maps where we can use subs, carriers, battleships, landing craft, etc. Vehicles play even less a role in this game than 1942 because all the maps are centered around COD infantry bs.

Agreed. The lack of big open maps full of diffent types of vehicles is really upsetting.
    I was expecting a modern tech 1942.
    Whay we got is this game that doesn't even know what it want to be.
    At least the gunplay is good I guess..
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE failed really hard in the everything. I have no idea why they decided to ignore BF1942 and make new BF game about untold stories... Feels like sameone in the EA/DICE from marketing has no idea how NOSTALGIA is important for business. You can tell whatever you want about NOSTALGIA, how its that stupid or bad. BUT, the nostalgia is very strong in the life in all situations - its a FACT. Many people who played BF1942 were young guys, but today these guys are mature, has jobs, has families. And they just wanted to get remasted BF1942 - easy pure profit.

But these devs decided to change everything, tell untold stories - which about nobody cares ( no d-day, no iwo jima and so on.) Not talking that such old game BF1942 has much better accuracy than this new amazing BF5 with progressive ,,swedish ideas''

I have no idea, what these devs were thinking....

An updated bf1942 with ADS is all it wouldve taken
    But i think were all on the same page, and again, the games only in 1940 so those maps should be coming sooner than later. But when they start working on battlefield 6 or (hopefully and preferably) battlefield vietnam, they are more likely than not going to come out with less and less for battlefield 5, im going to hate when E3 comes around and they show the next battlefront and have yet to come out with anything but firestorm and combined arms for the current game