Ideas for support call ins

mattd3162014
313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Anybody got any good suggestions for new support wheel call ins?

Comments

• JediMastaWyn
    593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They're supposed to be introducing artillery strikes??
  • esturias_88
    135 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing like that rocket again, those are annoying. Maybe a light infantry vehicle or a stationary gun on a parachute. Or an artillery smokescreen. Both limited to 1x per match.
  • wc138
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing like that rocket again, those are annoying. Maybe a light infantry vehicle or a stationary gun on a parachute. Or an artillery smokescreen. Both limited to 1x per match.

They're already limited by a point system, genius. Why would we limit them further?
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Allies:
    Land Mattress rocket barrage (large radius, highly inaccurate but many rockets, low damage)
    Heavy naval barrage (medium radius, about 3 shells)

Axis:
    Nebelwerfer rocket barrage (large radius, 6 shots, medium damage)
    Railway Gun (large radius, 2 shells, heavy damage)

Both:
    Pathfinder/Luftwaffe flare drop (spots enemies in a medium-large radius for probably 45-60 second.
  • MachineHead0013
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Allies:
    Land Mattress rocket barrage (large radius, highly inaccurate but many rockets, low damage)

Axis:

Both:
    Pathfinder/Luftwaffe flare drop (spots enemies in a medium-large radius for probably 45-60 second.

Although i don't know what any of those are, they sound pretty cool. I imagine though that balancing all of that plus the already existing rockets would be difficult.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Allies:

Axis:

Both:

Although i don't know what any of those are, they sound pretty cool. I imagine though that balancing all of that plus the already existing rockets would be difficult.

Well that's why I figured they would have to come with a larger radius so you can't really pinpoint the landing like the v2 rocket.

The v2 rocket is pretty much pinpoint accurate and deletes anything it lands on. So it's pretty much a moab.

I think having options that are less accurate would actually bring balance. The land mattress and nebelwerfer rockets would land in a much more scattered fashion.

Also, I think the flare drops would allow squads to coordinate their callins. For example; squad A can call in flares to spot an area for squad B to call in fire support on.
  • ASaltyAlpaca
    52 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Allies:

Axis:

Both:

Give this individual a medal, I like these suggestions. A rail gun would be neat but as long as they make good sound for the nebelwerfer I’m on board for these.
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i like the idea of an airdropped AT gun/AA cannon/MG

large scale spot flare drop (maybe an overflight that pops flares in a 100m long line at 90deg to how you place it, to cover a front?)

transport vehicle drop

some sort of player controlled plane spawn (a proper fighter bomber, or a larger bomber?)

maybe get a little bit meta and look at things like decreased spawn time for the squad/team for a duration?
  • fakemon64
    Allies:

Axis:

Both:

Give this individual a medal, I like these suggestions. A rail gun would be neat but as long as they make good sound for the nebelwerfer I’m on board for these.

There's nothing else quite like the symphony of nebelwerfers and katyushas....
  • mrtwotimes
    823 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should be able to call a propaganda pamphlet drop from a large aircraft..... the pamphlets can say things like "AA are underpowered!" or "Limit snipers!"
  • Noodlesocks
    3741 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle drop. An armoured car dropped at the location desired. Something like the Humber for British and the Kfz 223 for Germans. Mainly for transport when you're in the middle of nowhere but with protected seats for squad and gunner.
  • GhostsOfWar119
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Allies:

Axis:

Both:

Nebelwerfer

Gun
  • One_Called_Kane
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ideally, you should be able to customize what call-ins you have on the wheel similar to customizing a loadout. So one "offensive" slot, one "support" slot, a "light" vehicle and a "heavy" vehicle.

For example, in the offensive slot you could have your V1 Strike, some form of airstrike, an artillery strike, and a mortar strike. Each of these would have different AOEs, different damage, and different point costs.
    For example an artillery strike would be more damaging than a mortar strike, but cost more and take a longer time to arrive, etc.

Vehicles could get fun with things like the Panzerwerfer, Katyusha, King Tiger, ISU-152, Sherman Jumbo, Super Pershing, Calliope, etc. Vehicles that are relatively specialized and have a unique effect on the battlefield.
    Light vehicles could be simple armored cars and halftracks as platforms for weapon types. You don't need to invent anything new for this, there are dozens of examples of bolt-on adaptations just for halftracks alone. Mortars, Rockets, Artillery, AA, AT, you name it. Be a little creative, give us some options.

Finally some more support options would be nice. The resupply is really useful, but some other options could be smoke barrages, flare drops, maybe weapon drops if you want to class swap (I think BF4's commander crate allowed this).

It certainly feels like space has purposefully been made for these things to grow over time, so hopefully it's not too optimistic to be expecting our options to expand as the game progresses.
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I could see smoke call ins. However with horrible comrose that they are using in BFV it will be a huge pain.