Idea for weapons on all classes

r3cklesshate23ps
36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What if there was an option to "sling up" your weapon in game to improve accuracy in crouch and prone positions, most weapons in ww2 capable of using a sling were issued them. I shoot Competitively in NRA, CMP, and local state matches and in the prone and rapid fire sitting strings, we use a sling around our arm to support our rifles and reduce weapon sway, and standing up(offhand) our hands are the support, although it would probably be more overpowering for some classes to have the ability i dont see it being much different than a bipod for some of the guns, and it would be a great additional feature in game.
Whatdya all think?

Comments

• superteds
    1160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i get where you're coming from but most weapons are pretty accurate crouched or prone already and it sounds like another thing that people either won't understand/know about and the ramifications from adding extra accuracy to some weapons while crouched (a quick crouch>hipfire AR/SMG is fantastic and something people don't do enough of) need to seriously be thought about.
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 27
    superteds wrote: »
    i get where you're coming from but most weapons are pretty accurate crouched or prone already and it sounds like another thing that people either won't understand/know about and the ramifications from adding extra accuracy to some weapons while crouched (a quick crouch>hipfire AR/SMG is fantastic and something people don't do enough of) need to seriously be thought about.

I figured it would be more overpowering than anything and all the guns in the game are accurate as it stands, just a feature i thought would be cool to be seen in game more so than a bipod on a zk383
  • aseveredfoot
    2445 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That's something I argued for in bf1 back in the beginning when support was not a very good class: a sling option which would make an LMG handle like the Sentry's MG08, that it would be really good at hipfire but couldn't ADS, since I knew faster ADS times weren't plausible and support needed SOME kind of help.

And it would've been historically accurate too with the (poorly conceived) WW1 concept of "Walking Fire"

I'm not so sure it would have a place in bfv or a WW2 setting as most American soldiers at least would throw their BAR bipods away just to make the gun lighter, as an example.
  • r3cklesshate23ps
    That's something I argued for in bf1 back in the beginning when support was not a very good class: a sling option which would make an LMG handle like the Sentry's MG08, that it would be really good at hipfire but couldn't ADS, since I knew faster ADS times weren't plausible and support needed SOME kind of help.

And it would've been historically accurate too with the (poorly conceived) WW1 concept of "Walking Fire"

I'm not so sure it would have a place in bfv or a WW2 setting as most American soldiers at least would throw their BAR bipods away just to make the gun lighter, as an example.

Support is the last option i wouldve opted for a sling. Bipods take care of them already