DirectX Error/Crash

The_Sunset_Squad
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The game had a bit of a odd "crash" whereby the screen just went black but the game kept running. I tabbed out and i was greeted with a lovely Direct X error message saying it couldn't do something because my GTX 1080 had no spare memory to use.
Along with the semi-crash of the game it also crashed windows explorer meaning i had to open task manager and restart the program if i wanted to see my desktop again.

Comments

• The_Sunset_Squad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Error Message: http://imgur.com/a/U8fkO
  • FearedPatriot
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah it's a Beta it's gonna do something like this, just enjoy it, others don't even have the game
  • Simonbpuk
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not that it will help but there's a new Nvidia driver out 372.70. Clicky
  • ABkayCkay
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Bodgit wrote: »

I am using the latest Nvidia. Does not seem to fix crashes lol.
  • isra_lima22
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

I get the same error with a gtx 950.
  • lipe01
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ABkayCkay wrote: »
    Bodgit wrote: »

I am using the latest Nvidia. Does not seem to fix crashes lol.

Try to swich off Origin overlay :

• OmAr-RuSH
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I did it, But it does not work.
  • LordNicoll
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I get the same thing with BF1 and BF3, but not on Windows 8, only windows 10, might be that.
  • Tyrant_the_Great
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same for me. I have to reboot the direct x crash is so bad. This is driving me nuts.. can't even play. I have the latest Nvidia drivers with 1070
  • KO_ostas90
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    anyone have solution on this ? i've got some like this:

https://postimg.org/image/qfc793snn/
  • Hi11aryC1int0n
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    if you are running in sli you have to turn it off bf1 does not support it but i am getting a different direct x error than you KO_ostas90
  • Duwang_strong
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    by me it doesnt say directx but i think its the same problem though
  • KO_ostas90
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited September 2016
    how can i disable it ? i've got radeon hd7600m and intel hd graphics 4000
    Post edited by KO_ostas90 on
  • whiteHuntsman14
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    This is what worked for me and I hope it helps all of you guys.

• avtemp
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    Win 7. Gtx 970. 16Gb RAM.
    Nvidia driver ver. 368.81
    Same DirectX error. Memory leakage.
  • EvilTwinkle
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is what worked for me and I hope it helps all of you guys.

Well I've got 16GB of main memory and a 6GB page file already configured, with a GTX1070. There's deffo a memory leak in the beta.
  • aser0815
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    same problem dx error and somrtimes this 1, look pic: https://puu.sh/qYBHS/493c743a5e.png RAM to low WTF!!!
  • TronaldDump45
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Same as u i had to disable direct x 12 to solve this
  • whiteHuntsman14
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    edited September 2016
    aser0815 wrote: »
    same problem dx error and somrtimes this 1, look pic: https://puu.sh/qYBHS/493c743a5e.png RAM to low WTF!!!

I had the same problem and fixed it by following the video I posted above in a previous comment. If following the video doesn't help you I'm sorry and don't know what could be the problem.
  • aser0815
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    The Pagefile is 16gb so no thats not the Problem.
This discussion has been closed.