My mouse doesn't really glide all that smoothly across my mouse pad...

-aarp-19Crib
713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 1
It's a quality pad, supposedly for gaming. Any better products out there. A jerky mouse is hard to aim.

I'm not willing to go the Vaseline and rubber glove route yet... :o

It's a Logitech G602, BTW

Comments

• TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 1
    What's your mouse pad made of?

Is it the movement of the mouse itself or the movement of the cursor?
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The mouse it'self. It's like it sticks slightly.

I plan on buying another pad, but it seems to happen with all of them.
  • SavageBeastZero
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The mouse it'self. It's like it sticks slightly.

I plan on buying another pad, but it seems to happen with all of them.

Since you're saying that it's a reoccuring issue, perhaps it has more to do with your seat height and arm angle. Jerky mouse movement can present itself in those situtations, so before you purchase more mouse pads or mats, make sure both of those are properly set up. If after testing that, you're still having issues, I'd recommend the Roccat Taito Shiny. It's a heat treated nano-cloth material which is specifically designed for a smooth and reliable glide. Good luck bud.
  • JanTwardy
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a quality pad, supposedly for gaming. Any better products out there. A jerky mouse is hard to aim.

Hey, I noticed a similar problem. I have G502 never before had any similar issues. It started around two months ago. I even bought a new mouse also G502 and have the same problem. I think it's software related /settings or some bug.

Try enter to Logitech Gaming and check what surface you have set. I had wrong, set it back to standard and it looks like problem solved.
  • parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I recently bought a G602 because my trusty G700 finally wore out after years of heavy use. I didn't go with the newer G900 mouse because for some reason it only has two thumb buttons and I liked the four thumb buttons on the G700, with the G602 I have six which is about the most I think would be useful for me .

Along with the new mouse I got a Corsair MM600 dual-sided hard mouse pad which is larger than what I've used in the past so I no longer run the mouse off the edge of the pad. So far it's holding up fine, haven't had any issues, the mouse still glides easily. I prefer the rougher side of the pad as the smooth side just feels too slick (they also make a one-sided version, the MM400 which is about seven bucks cheaper). I do wash hard mouse pads occasionally as skins oils etc. will eventually accumulate and cause drag, I use a fingernail brush and liquid hand soap. So far I'm very pleased with this combination as the G602 is almost exactly the same size and layout as the G700 I used for years, and the MM600 is the best mouse pad I've ever used.

I've had issues with the feet on Logitech mice wearing out over time as a hard mouse pad will result in dust and grit between the pad and feet causing scratches that will cause drag. I'm pleased that the exact opposite is happening now, the feet actually seem to be getting polished by the MM600 surface. However Logitech and some aftermarket brands have replacements for the feet on the G602, so if you see a lot of scratches on the mouse feet then replacing the feet might be the solution, it's worked for me in the past.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bottom of mouse dirty?
  • -aarp-19Crib
    edited March 1
    It's full of talcum powder but lens is clean and only rubbing surfaces are rubbing.f

I'm going to scrub the pad tonight, and start looking for a better one as suggested here.
  • Kranden
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm using the Corsair MM300 with a Razer Death Adder Elite, Works very nicely large surface space, put the keyboard over the pad. Only cost $15.
  • g0merpile
    482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

any optical mouse Corsair-Scimitar-Optical. You are most probably using a lazer.
  • TFBisquit
    1078 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

A jerky mouse+wireless spells "next time a wired mouse" to me.
    I avoid wireless mouse+keyboard btw. This is one of the reasons.
  • lI_BIG_DADDY_Il
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2
    I have been through a lot of mouse mats from steel, glass, wood, cloth and even made my own from rubber.......... years ago I bought the:

Steel Series QCK HEAVY mat
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-series

and I am gonna use this for the rest of my life! (or something similar) - big, thick, soft yet hard, doesnt move an inch, silent and with my Logitech 502g its just great.

Its like 5 years old now and have hardly any wear and is used every day for hours.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to Off-Topic since this has nothing to do with BFV.

-CB
  • -aarp-19Crib
    I have been through a lot of mouse mats from steel, glass, wood, cloth and even made my own from rubber.......... years ago I bought the:

Steel Series QCK HEAVY mat
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-mousepads/qck-series

and I am gonna use this for the rest of my life! (or something similar) - big, thick, soft yet hard, doesnt move an inch, silent and with my Logitech 502g its just great.

Its like 5 years old now and have hardly any wear and is used every day for hours.

I took your advice and bought that mat and it helps a lot. Thanks for that!