Battlefield V Back-End Quality of Life Updates for Week of February 25th

Braddock512
1523 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited March 2019
This week we pushed out some back-end updates in our ongoing efforts to improve your Battlefield V experience.
p7h0hby4dlj21.jpg

This is part of our ongoing Battlefield V Quality of Life initiative to continue improving the game, fixing bugs, and adding more to Battlefield V for our community, all part of our Live Service commitment.

The three items we’ve released this week are Equip All, Mirror Loadout, and Challenge Assignments. Let’s dive in and get some details!

Equip All
One of the big pieces of feedback we’ve received regarding customization is the way Battlefield V players customize their soldiers and weapons in their Company.

Previously, you’d have to select a skin for each part of the weapon. You’d select the skin, equip, back out, then select the next piece, repeat. To make this more efficient and improve the flow of customization for full sets, we’ve added the Equip All option.

nwils0gqejj21.gif

How does this work? Head into the weapon customization menu and select an item you want to customize with one of your unlocked skins. From there, you will see the Equip All option. Any part of the customization set you own in your Company will now be applied to your soldier or weapon. If you don’t own the full set, it won’t grant you items not in your Company, but will apply the customization of all owned items.

Mirror Loadout
Mirror Loadout helps make customizing each faction more efficient and quicker.
fm288nmkejj21.png

When you customize your loadout for weapons, gadgets, or grenades in one faction that isn’t faction specific, you will be able to mirror the loadout to the same class in the opposite faction. Please note: It will only mirror customization parts/skins that are owned and faction-agnostic.

Challenge Assignments
Challenge Assignments will grant you drops of two or three Assignments when you reach certain criteria. The Assignments you get are randomly taken from certain "pools" of predefined assignments.
There are two general types of Challenge Assignments:
  • Earn 20,000 XP - you will be granted two random assignments (1 from the "Class Challenge" pool and 1 from the "Gadget Challenge" pool)
  • Earn 15,000 XP with a specific class - you will be granted three random assignments (1 from the "Class Challenge" pool, 1 from the "Gadget Challenge" pool and 1 from the "Weapon Challenge" pool)

Each time you meet the above criteria will you continue to get more challenges. This will stop if you have all challenges available but not completed. If you complete challenges you'll start receiving them again.

Here’s a list of the Challenges and Pools:
31equ0a0fjj21.jpg

For example: If you earn 15,000 XP while playing Assault, and 8,000 XP playing Medic, your Assignment screen will show that you have three new Assignments available to activate, because you earned enough Assault XP. You also earned over 20,000 XP in general so you will also get two additional assignments.

Hope you enjoy these three new features and we'll have more to come!
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Googlebright
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Legit question: do people feel like they needed even more sources of Company Coin? I don't care about cosmetics/customization so have never spent any coins in the Armory. I only use these for unlocking specializations on guns and vehicles. So of course I now have CC spilling out of my pockets. I have over 70K of the stuff with more coming in every day just through EoR rewards. I feel like all these new Challenges are just cluttering up my Assignments screen, making it difficult for me to find the actual assignments I want to work on when switching them out.
    But for the people who do like to spend coin in the Armory on new cosmetics, were you finding yourself short even after the post-level 50 earning problem was fixed? I'm just confused as to why we needed all these new challenges that simply award CC.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have no idea what to purchase with all the CC I have and will earn in the upcoming days and weeks. FOr the regular players not needed, and I do not know if this will allow you to purchase a lot if you just play a few rounds every now and then, as some are rather hard to do and getting 15k xp in a round is not that easy.
    Additoinally some are rather obscure and can have a detrimental effect on gameplay, when a certain amount of people pursue them.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do I still have to back out to main menu for assignments?
  • DigitalHype
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019

Yes. that would be nice. But, in liue of that at least let us change the assignments in-game. It is ridiculous that its been 4 months and they still can't manage to make that happen.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • DigitalHype
    832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Do I still have to back out to main menu for assignments?

This has to be one of the most asked for things since the game was released. And, Braddock says "we've heard you". Great! We've been heard for 4 months now and zero improvements have been made to the assignment system and UI.
  • ynmusubi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi there, just wanna ask that when do you guys plan to bring battlefield coin in the game, its been quite some time now from launch and actually I am interested in more cosmetics
  • Wonkenstein
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When are you going to fix the cheating problem? It ruined several games tonight. Shot through smoke, heavy cover, even a wall hack and a guy killed me through a huge boulder. can I get a refund?
  • Quilex
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love the additions in general.

I am pleased to have more challenges in the form of assignments but would prefer they where one off rather than repeatable. I personally like to feel I am working toward some kind of completion of the game. Even if new content makes that impossible. The fact that I can complete a challenge then a bit later it will be back in my list is less satisfying.

The large list of assignments also brings in a need to sort them perhaps by class and by repeatable and one off and as has been mentioned before the ability to change them in game.

One option would be to add a medal to each assignment, something like complete SLR Challenge 5 times to receive Medal. Giving an end game feel to that challenge.

Perhaps a tracking list of assignments that the player wishes to complete would work and auto fill the active mission in game when one is finished.

Just my thoughts - I think the best assignment system to date was in BF 4 but with some more tweaks this could get there.
  • TomTommybb
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice!
    When are new cosmetics going to come??
  • trt3rd
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I absolutely love this game,and play it all the time. Jesus everyone wants new right now,or complaining about "cheaters" and I don't see how you expect the perfect game right out of the box with how complicated technology is today. Hey dice you're doing a great job!!!
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some sort of grouping or sorting of the assignments would be great! As of now it's a bit of an eye soar having to search through all of them for the one I want.
  • DigitalHype
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Some sort of grouping or sorting of the assignments would be great! As of now it's a bit of an eye soar having to search through all of them for the one I want.

Almost everything about this UI is an eyesore. It is the worst UI in any BF game to date.
  • Ichstarker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dear Braddock512, I want to give my feedback in this comment.
    I find problem getting people who work as team and I think these new challenges are a bit guilty.
    What I'm saying is that rewards motivate people to keep playing, nevertheless these challenges shoukd be focused on team work.

Example: they should say things like:
    Save 15 mates that are being under attack(or supressed).
    Build 20 fortificationa in objective area As Defender
    Spot 10 enemies (It just count 1 spots for every minute passed).
    Repair team tanks for 15,000 points.
    As a attacker kill 15 enemies while taking enemy objectives
    As a tanker destroy 30 tanks.
    As a tanker-defender supress or kill 30 enemies
    As a attacker, take 4 different objectives in the first 10 minutes of game.
    As a defender, release 20 artillery bombs in mods like airborne or frontlines
    As a squad take 5 objective being the whole squad into it.

As you can see the challenges should be focused in the team/squad work, so people will be glad doing them while work as team while the community will be glad they are being helped by allies.
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about you let us skip the dumb storyteller in Grand Operation. after a defeat i really dont want to listen to this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ telling me how much i have failed.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Whats the point in earning xp when you have capped all of the levels what happens to the rest of the xp?
  • ApachewasorusRex
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For support and medic players can you guys add a little icon to the mini map for surrounding players on your team to see your ammo box or health kit? I cannot tell you how frustrating it is when your squad mate throws a box down and it turns into Where's Waldo?!
  • namvn
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    raise lv cap to 100 or 150, how hard is that?
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting that this thread is about assignments, because one of my biggest gripes is how inaccurately the assignments are tracked.
    For example, if I'm going for 20 kills with a certain weapon while attacking, the kills will be tracked onscreen as they happen, but they won't be accurately tracked when I check the assignment during the same game. The pie graph will show a different number than the total I actually got. Then a different pie graph total will appear when the game is over and the end results are shown. On top of that, a completely different third pie graph number is shown when I quit out and go back to my home screen.
    This also seems to happen when I'm progressing vehicles, such as the new Mosquito.
    How is it so completely messed up? It seems to happen on nearly all assignments nowadays.