Re-Nerf the AP mines.

167891012»

Comments

• Rogue-Mike
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Complaining about AP mines is such a stupid thing to whine about. Wanting them nerfed tells me that the one complaining about them is the type of player that sprints everywhere, blames everything for their mistake in-game and want whatever kills them in a cheeky way to be useless. These types of players should be laughed at imo.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »
    Complaining about AP mines is such a stupid thing to whine about. Wanting them nerfed tells me that the one complaining about them is the type of player that sprints everywhere, blames everything for their mistake in-game and want whatever kills them in a cheeky way to be useless. These types of players should be laughed at imo.

A bit of a stereotype. It’s like me saying that people that use them can’t get kills any other way and need them as a crutch, and the nearest they get to an objective is through their scope. They should be laughed at.

Obviously I know not all players who use them are like that. Just like not all players who dislike them are as you describe.
  • Pelliy
    2224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Dude, just look where you are walking haha.

This is most insane comment I could read.
    Look at the floor to spot the mines
    Look in the bushes to spot campers
    Look into debris to spot campers
    Look into bodies to spot back lying campers

When is someone able to shoot

There are players now that literally camp and only kill with mines... Rush is best example of this
    One guy without changing a spot had 28 0 killed me 5 times by placing mines in slightly different positions. So please tell me should I be looking for mines or a player that is probably invisible due to how ridiculous this game is and what issues it has

Mines should be only allowed to snipers and 1 at most

I hate to be that guy, but if the guy never moved and you all knew mines were constantly everywhere around his position, how did an entire team not learn and counter? You couldn't bring the cover down by explosives? No one could take that extra careful step knowing their were mines everywhere? Multiple players couldn't get near this one person to collectively take him out the entire match? I mean, it's hard for me to believe this is an AP mine issue...

That's the mistake being made in this scenario. That its one person placing all these mines. Where actually, its literally 3 of the 4 classes placing mines any and everywhere. That's not a bad thing they're doing that. But that does support the notion it needs to be balanced. If you have even 1/3 of the team laying down mines and some get lay 3-mines at a time. That's literally almost as much mines than they are players on that one team.

~31 mines with all OHKs. That's just if 1/3 is using mines assumed at 3 mines deployed. Imagine if more teammates were using mines..It'll be more mines than teammates.

Sorry, but in my opinion that screams balance. I don't see how people can complain about dynamiting infantry, but yet have no issue with this. At least with dynamite, you have to throw it, pull the trigger , thus longer latency and it has better visibility.

with ap mines, you didn't get that. Hell, sometimes you're just in the radius, you don't trip it and it goes off. I've had instances where I get ammo off the supply station, the AP mine is behind the crate and it triggers and goes off. I have a clip where that happened(didn't kill me though) but that's another issue with the ap mine, but I digress.

Better visiblity, rubbish. Dynamite has no icon highlighting it. It explosive range is larger and objects don't block damage. On top of it can be placed in far more location like the side of objects. Assault has been now putting all over mcom.

Based on the logic of this thread Assault should only get 1 and should not be 1HK.

I love how you gloss over everything I wrote and chose to ignore it without addressing it. Things like the latency, the deploy time, and manual user input.

Your explanation for visibility is really insufficient. If you had a stick of dynamite on the floor vs AP mine, which are you more likely to see? The avg person would say the dynamite. Are assaults planning more dynamite than players all over the map going off for one hit kills?

The answer is no.

But the dynamite still gets hate but this doesn't..from the AP users because they don't see how it's not balanced.
  • Pelliy
    2224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There are players now that literally camp and only kill with mines... Rush is best example of this
    One guy without changing a spot had 28 0 killed me 5 times by placing mines in slightly different positions. So please tell me should I be looking for mines or a player that is probably invisible due to how ridiculous this game is and what issues it has

I hate to be that guy, but if the guy never moved and you all knew mines were constantly everywhere around his position, how did an entire team not learn and counter? You couldn't bring the cover down by explosives? No one could take that extra careful step knowing their were mines everywhere? Multiple players couldn't get near this one person to collectively take him out the entire match? I mean, it's hard for me to believe this is an AP mine issue...

That's the mistake being made in this scenario. That its one person placing all these mines. Where actually, its literally 3 of the 4 classes placing mines any and everywhere. That's not a bad thing they're doing that. But that does support the notion it needs to be balanced. If you have even 1/3 of the team laying down mines and some get lay 3-mines at a time. That's literally almost as much mines than they are players on that one team.

~31 mines with all OHKs. That's just if 1/3 is using mines assumed at 3 mines deployed. Imagine if more teammates were using mines..It'll be more mines than teammates.

Sorry, but in my opinion that screams balance. I don't see how people can complain about dynamiting infantry, but yet have no issue with this. At least with dynamite, you have to throw it, pull the trigger , thus longer latency and it has better visibility.

with ap mines, you didn't get that. Hell, sometimes you're just in the radius, you don't trip it and it goes off. I've had instances where I get ammo off the supply station, the AP mine is behind the crate and it triggers and goes off. I have a clip where that happened(didn't kill me though) but that's another issue with the ap mine, but I digress.

Better visiblity, rubbish. Dynamite has no icon highlighting it. It explosive range is larger and objects don't block damage. On top of it can be placed in far more location like the side of objects. Assault has been now putting all over mcom.

Based on the logic of this thread Assault should only get 1 and should not be 1HK.

i was about to say, betty is highloghted and basically glowing.

i'd honestly love to see the bf5stats to anyone complaining about them and I'd bet its well below most other weapons they are killed by.

AT and AP mines are the same concept, but person vs vehicle so where is the AT Mine is op threads? Maybe OP should make one

I'm not here certainly saying the AP mine is OP. That's not my argument. It's not going to be a match decider. It's not a heavy bomber. That nuke a everything However, for the sake of balance, the unintentional buff was unnecessary.

To put it in perspective. Only the sniper class in bf1 had trip wires and that too was nerfed.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

i'd honestly love to see the bf5stats to anyone complaining about them and I'd bet its well below most other weapons they are killed by.

AT and AP mines are the same concept, but person vs vehicle so where is the AT Mine is op threads? Maybe OP should make one

I'm not here certainly saying the AP mine is OP. That's not my argument. It's not going to be a match decider. It's not a heavy bomber. That nuke a everything However, for the sake of balance, the unintentional buff was unnecessary.

To put it in perspective. Only the sniper class in bf1 had trip wires and that too was nerfed.

i'm all for balance, i just dont want to see something else nerfed and rendered useless. and i dont see them in abundance on the bigger maps since most will run AT Mines. I typically play Conquest also, I might assume it could be more noticed in rush, domonation, or tdm but if thats the case then nerf mode loadouts based on the match. also if they do reduce amount or damage then there should still be a sweet spot for a ohk at times. sure its a passive weapon but players are also not picking a noob tube that can ohk at times. but i'm more than willing to try it out if its the dev intent, but thats half the game
  • Pelliy

i'm all for balance, i just dont want to see something else nerfed and rendered useless. and i dont see them in abundance on the bigger maps since most will run AT Mines. I typically play Conquest also, I might assume it could be more noticed in rush, domonation, or tdm but if thats the case then nerf mode loadouts based on the match. also if they do reduce amount or damage then there should still be a sweet spot for a ohk at times. sure its a passive weapon but players are also not picking a noob tube that can ohk at times. but i'm more than willing to try it out if its the dev intent, but thats half the game

Well have no fear
    It won't be rendered useless. It's just returning to it's previous state.

I honestly don't get the backlash for it returning to it's previous state. Before the unintentional buff, you wouldn't fine many posts of people saying t"he AP mine is weak. AP mine needs a buff."

But now those very same people are saying the buff is okay.

Lol it's kinda hilarious to read actually.
  • DingoKillr
    3472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Actual that not true it was actual buffed.
    Trips started at around 80 damage, they then got buffed to 1HK when a player ran thru and less if they walked thru at that time you could not place 2 close to each other.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well have no fear

I honestly don't get the backlash for it returning to it's previous state. Before the unintentional buff, you wouldn't fine many posts of people saying t"he AP mine is weak. AP mine needs a buff."

it was weak at times, everyone would just run threw them in most cases without concern
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well have no fear

it was weak at times, everyone would just run threw them in most cases without concern

Exactly, ap mines were a joke for a while. You could run through them for fun and completely ignore them.
  • Pelliy

Well have no fear

Sure people say that now but the majority wasn't saying that before.

Actual that not true it was actual buffed.
    Trips started at around 80 damage, they then got buffed to 1HK when a player ran thru and less if they walked thru at that time you could not place 2 close to each other.

If that's the case, I stand corrected but there was balanced made and three out of the four classes did not have them.

If dice wants them one hit, balance it then. Fix the promitity radius. Just to start.
  • MikeaJasoon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you people that think that ap mines aren't broken, you know nothing about BF period. Back in BF3 mines and claymores had the ability to kill their own owner if they stood next to them. But now things are ludicrous. AP mines are literally placed all over the place without any penalty to the person who sets them. Why is this bad? because anyone can camp like crazy sitting next to their ap mine, without taking any damage whatsoever. I came off a game of domination on aerodrome with the Sten, and my teammate was trapped inside the building on B, with 2 enemies shooting inside. They had lmgs, so my options were to either fall back and let my teammate die, attack them from inside the building and risk dying in the process, or take a chance and rush them by jumping over the window to FLANK them, potentially saving me, my teammate and my team some time. You obviously know which route I took. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS before I could even shoot a bullet, I BLOW UP FROM 2 AP MINES GOING OFF, right in front of the window I jumped through. Why does this matter? Because the two enemies clearly were next to those mines as well, and I would assume the guy that placed them took no damage whatsoever, which is insane. The game is forcing me to literally retreat just because you can set ap mines without any penalty of it killing you. Keep in mind COD BO2 has bouncing betties that could blow up the guy that sets them, if he isn't careful. That's called balanced. And for those that call for realism, how realistic is it for a man to be immune to an explosion right next to him. They need to either nerf this or at least let people that set them be vulnerable to their own mines, so people are camping LITERALLY right next to them all the time. I have died to more AP mines in this past month than I have during the entire time I've played this game. This needs to stop. period
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you people that think that ap mines aren't broken, you know nothing about BF period. Back in BF3 mines and claymores had the ability to kill their own owner if they stood next to them. But now things are ludicrous. AP mines are literally placed all over the place without any penalty to the person who sets them. Why is this bad? because anyone can camp like crazy sitting next to their ap mine, without taking any damage whatsoever. I came off a game of domination on aerodrome with the Sten, and my teammate was trapped inside the building on B, with 2 enemies shooting inside. They had lmgs, so my options were to either fall back and let my teammate die, attack them from inside the building and risk dying in the process, or take a chance and rush them by jumping over the window to FLANK them, potentially saving me, my teammate and my team some time. You obviously know which route I took. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS before I could even shoot a bullet, I BLOW UP FROM 2 AP MINES GOING OFF, right in front of the window I jumped through. Why does this matter? Because the two enemies clearly were next to those mines as well, and I would assume the guy that placed them took no damage whatsoever, which is insane. The game is forcing me to literally retreat just because you can set ap mines without any penalty of it killing you. Keep in mind COD BO2 has bouncing betties that could blow up the guy that sets them, if he isn't careful. That's called balanced. And for those that call for realism, how realistic is it for a man to be immune to an explosion right next to him. They need to either nerf this or at least let people that set them be vulnerable to their own mines, so people are camping LITERALLY right next to them all the time. I have died to more AP mines in this past month than I have during the entire time I've played this game. This needs to stop. period

Idk, I was pretty sure that mines, grenades, and other gadgets could cause damage to the owner/user.

At least I know for a fact I've died from accidentally setting off one of my own AT mines. I've probably witnessed an enemy killed by his own ap but can't say for sure, maybe I just read it somewhere.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    Idk, I was pretty sure that mines, grenades, and other gadgets could cause damage to the owner/user.

At least I know for a fact I've died from accidentally setting off one of my own AT mines. I've probably witnessed an enemy killed by his own ap but can't say for sure, maybe I just read it somewhere.

I've definitely died by my own AP mines being tripped whilst I've been too close to them.